Sign in to follow this  
thermonuke1@gmail.com

Hosting bubble pop?

Am I in the twighlight zone? Do you not see the color red?

Let's use our time machine and go back to August 2nd on a support ticket...

1) Complained that we cancelled an order that was trying to oversell your server

2) Argued with us that an E3-1230 was, and I quote here: "It's actually an eight core CPU" (NO, it's not. HT threads don't count and there is a reason the E3-1230 is what Intel calls a "quad-core")

3) After being proved wrong, then argued that eight instances can run fine on an E3-1230 and that it's OK because it's your "budget line" of servers

4) After being told firmly "no" again, then said (direct quote here): "Again with 40 slots on a E3-1230 V2, it hardly uses any CPU - around half a core" (UGHH NO...)

5) You then argued that you had tested this yourself and questioned if we knew what we were even talking about

You are a shitty host Tyler.

I read your message. I'm sorry that you feel that I'm a shitty host, seeing as you've never used my service before.

Yes, I do indeed remember that. I also know that I currently have four servers per node and every single one of my clients has had a great experience here. The fact that I was trying to work out a way to make a decent profit off my budget nodes in the past does not mean that is the current situation ;)

As one of Ersan's customers, I will tell you for a fact that his services have been outstanding so far for a new startup. They have been very quick to respond to any issues we have had, which has been pretty far and few between minus that I'm fairly new to running a Dayz private hive server. We have had no lag whatsoever and until this DoS attack we've had pretty much no crashing. With how well they have responded to our questions / issues I will say they are highly recommended.

^

He's been more than willing to talk my server admins and assist as we're new to server side stuff. Excellent customer service, and even the other clans who've recently joined the server have mentioned the quick join times and lack of lag.

I read your message. I'm sorry that you feel that I'm a shitty host, seeing as you've never used my service before.

Yes, I do indeed remember that. I also know that I currently have four servers per node and every single one of my clients has had a great experience here. The fact that I was trying to work out a way to make a decent profit off my budget nodes in the past does not mean that is the current situation ;)

Yeah, I do think you are a shitty host, especially when you argued with us about overselling your servers, argued that an E3-1230 was an "eight core CPU", argued that we didn't know what we were talking about and that we haven't run a server with many instances before (that was one of my favorite parts), bitched that you have to wait in the server request queue and that instead you should be auto-approved (several times), bitched at us for not resetting your instance ID's when we've already told you several times we don't reset instance ID's, then went on another forum and accused us of resetting instance ID's except for yours (OK conspiracy theorist), and last but not least, my ultimate favorite: blamed the Hive for YOUR network issues at Limestone datacenter and then wanted US to fix them because apparently you think we are also Limestone network engineers.

You are one of the most entitled and piss poor attitude hosts I have ever had the pleasure with dealing with here.

Yeah, I do think you are a shitty host, especially when you argued with us about overselling your servers, argued that an E3-1230 was an "eight core CPU", argued that we didn't know what we were talking about and that we haven't run a server with many instances before (that was one of my favorite parts), bitched that you have to wait in the server request queue and that instead you should be auto-approved (several times), bitched at us for not resetting your instance ID's when we've already told you several times we don't reset instance ID's, then went on another forum and accused us of resetting instance ID's except for yours (OK conspiracy theorist), and last but not least, my ultimate favorite: blamed the Hive for YOUR network issues at Limestone datacenter and then wanted US to fix them because apparently you think we are also Limestone network engineers.

You are one of the most entitled and piss poor attitude hosts I have ever had the pleasure with dealing with here.

It's like the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.When ever you make a post I laugh. I laugh even harder when people agree with you. : )

Back on Topic. The bubble has definitely burst. Servers are on the decline. We just let ours go on the 15th US 687. People are still playing but every day that goes by more and more people are realizing that the hackers are ruining the game and the devs won't let you do anything about it. We have considered running a private server, which a lot of people seem to be doing now, so you can admin it how you like. Even then you still have to deal with an over run of hackers and cheaters. At least with the private option you can ban people and fix your server as you see fit. DayZ has almost run it's course and with the way the devs have treated the community it's only a matter of time before the amount of people moving on to other games grows larger.

Edited by Maxxgold

It's like the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.When ever you make a post I laugh. I laugh even harder when people agree with you. : )

Really? How so?

...hackers are ruining the game and the devs won't let you do anything about it. At least with the private option you can ban people...

Have you bothered reading the rules or are you just talking out your ass? Who said you can't ban hackers?