reuter

Remove suppressed weapons

That's a short one:

It's quite unrealistic to find suppressed weapons even on a military airfield like the one located in the NW.

The game doesn't really benefit from them too. The M4 CCO SD is -hands down- the best weapon to find and makes surviving in Chernarus way too easy.

Oh, and Inb4: "Hurr durr, u noobz just got killed by silenced weepon now u mad bro"

I didn't got killed in the past 24 days and I'm carrying an M4 SD by myself.

I got a M4 CCO SD + M9SD and I have to admit that using silenced weapons gets a bit boring after a while for some reason. I think it could be cool to probably remove only the M4 CCO SD and keep the M9SD.

My character has been alive for nearly 30 days now, about 23 or so of those days has been with a suppressed M4 CCO. I have had MANY close calls but with help from friends I've stayed safe and been able to PVP, scavenge, find vehicles, and still manage to avoid death.

The fact that you have a suppressed weapon makes it much easier to survive just because you have the advantage of never being heard while clearing an area. I basically owe the fact that I have survived to the gun, so I do agree that the way they spawn right now is unrealistic.

I don't think suppressed weapons should be removed, but the spawn rates on the weapons and SD ammunition needs to be nerf'd down A LOT. Also a round life cycle on the suppressors themselves could be useful, just like in MGS 3.

I agree to some extent, but leave the crossbow in, I love using that thing when looting plus it makes me feel like the bad ass from the walking dead lol. But as far as the rifles and pistols I agree of atleast nerfing ammo.

I don't think suppressed weapons should be removed' date=' but the spawn rates on the weapons and SD ammunition needs to be nerf'd down A LOT. Also a round life cycle on the suppressors themselves could be useful, just like in MGS 3.

[/quote']

I think the drop rates of silenced weapons is low enough. The issue comes from players duplicating these weapons faster than their shadow, thus increasing too much the number of silenced weapons in the game.

I found an m4a1 cco but little ammo and have never found an SD weapon. Are you in groups because I find it quite hard to find what I need and stay alive long enough to really use it effectively alone.

I dont think they should be removed personally, I just think more (optional) challenges should (and will) be added for people who have acquired the better gear.

Its like me lifting weights, its easy to say the weights are too light after having been to the gym for a few months, but a new comer can't lift half of that.

On the flip side, why keep going to a gym that doesn't have anything heavier and only caters for new comers. I'm sure our "gym" will see additional equipment added in the coming months.

I don't think suppressed weapons should be removed' date=' but the spawn rates on the weapons and SD ammunition needs to be nerf'd down A LOT. Also a round life cycle on the suppressors themselves could be useful, just like in MGS 3.

[/quote']

I think the drop rates of silenced weapons is low enough. The issue comes from players duplicating these weapons faster than their shadow, thus increasing too much the number of silenced weapons in the game.

Your right, the spawn rate of the weapons themselves are low enough. But I still find STANAG SD ammunition about just as often as I find regular STANAG, so that tells you there is a big problem with the ammunition rates.

That's a short one:

It's quite unrealistic to find suppressed weapons even on a military airfield like the one located in the NW.

Unrealistic if you assume the zombies just appeared out of nowhere' date=' but if we assume some background story, it's obvious the military who first attempted to secure the region would realize how noise was important and often use suppressed weapons.

I didn't got killed in the past 24 days and I'm carrying an M4 SD by myself.

Actually, the only time I got killed in the last 15 days was when I was carrying an MP5SD. I'm not using a suppressed weapon again,.

Sure, SD ammo should be down a bit so that there is at least 3 standard for 1 silenced.

But removing them? Not too keen on that.

Silenced pistols and 1 rare rifle, with rare ammo... Should be ok. (Adding bows and keeping crossbows would be cool too)

That's a short one:

Unrealistic if you assume the zombies just appeared out of nowhere' date=' but if we assume some background story, it's obvious the military who first attempted to secure the region would realize how noise was important and often use suppressed weapons.

[/quote']

In the case of Chernarus the local military just doesn't have access to suppressed weapons. We're speaking of regular infantry not some special forces.

Unconventional weapons like the crossbow should be much more important in DayZ.

That's a short one:

[/quote']

In the case of Chernarus the local military just doesn't have access to suppressed weapons. We're speaking of regular infantry not some special forces.

I'm not speaking of regular infantry. Regular infantry would hold the line and similar duties. To infiltrate cities full of zombies for rescue operations, you'd send special forces.

Also, what about those wrecked british helis? They could have suppressed weapons.

*mutters something about removing features to suit your play style*

*leaves thread*

I honestly straight up have never even seen a silenced weapon other than an M9SD once that had no ammo. I dont think the drop rate of the ammo should be lowered either as the actual weapon spawns are so rare.

(btw iv been around since the start of DayZ)

A slight point i want to throw out ehre, there is a major difference between supressors and silencers.

A supressor is something anyone can buy, it masks the muzzle flash of the gun, the sound is not dampened at all, although it amy distort the noise slightly

A silencer is a military grade component that is very difficult to find, it hides the muzzle flash and dampens the sounds, keyword, dampens. I've heard a gun with a silencer shot before, it's still fucking loud. The major difference is how far away it can be heard from.

I just found an M4A3 CCO SD myself, but I have yet to shoot it.

That's a short one:

The game doesn't really benefit from them too. The M4 CCO SD is -hands down- the best weapon to find and makes surviving in Chernarus way too easy.

Oh' date=' and Inb4: "Hurr durr, u noobz just got killed by silenced weepon now u mad bro"

I didn't got killed in the past 24 days and I'm carrying an M4 SD by myself.[/size']

It's quite unrealistic to find zombies in ur backyard either :P

Come to cherno, if you survive more than 20 minutes wandering around ill give you that but surviving in non-hotspots/wilderness isnt a feat at all.

A slight point i want to throw out ehre' date=' there is a major difference between supressors and silencers.

A supressor is something anyone can buy, it masks the muzzle flash of the gun, the sound is not dampened at all, although it amy distort the noise slightly

A silencer is a military grade component that is very difficult to find, it hides the muzzle flash and dampens the sounds, keyword, dampens. I've heard a gun with a silencer shot before, it's still fucking loud. The major difference is how far away it can be heard from.

I just found an M4A3 CCO SD myself, but I have yet to shoot it.

[/quote']

Silencers change the sound the gun makes as much as anything, making it harder to recognise. They're not military only by any means, though. Not cheap, i'm sure.

Keep the silenced pistol. Maybe add the silenced makarov too (in the game actually).

They should be used in PvZ not PvP. Get out of that 1 douchebag zombie situation, not hide on a hill for hours sniping unsuspecting people.

M4CCOSD is pretty damn good, and just too common. It's so damn good and with the dupping people do now, it's ridiculous.

I found an mp5sd once and a couple of clips for it, very useful but I had to dump it as I didn't find any more clips.

That seems a reasonable scenario to me, just make sure that SD ammo and SD guns are truly rare (even in military base) and the rest will take care of itself - i.e. people will use them briefly then dump them when they run out of ammo.

That's a short one:

Oh' date=' and Inb4: "Hurr durr, u noobz just got killed by silenced weepon now u mad bro"

I didn't got killed in the past 24 days and I'm carrying an M4 SD by myself.[/size']

It's quite unrealistic to find zombies in ur backyard either :P

Come to cherno, if you survive more than 20 minutes wandering around ill give you that but surviving in non-hotspots/wilderness isnt a feat at all.

Offtopic: For what purpose should I go to Cherno? EVerything I need I get from Stary/Berezino/NW&NE Airfield. Why should I join the Coastal-Beanwar-Elitists?

Last time I checked, this game was about surviving. Maybe you're playing the wrong game.

hell no! silenced weapons are the holy grail of survival game. If you are going to propose something how about no more spawning in oceans, no more hacking and combat DC's you know something that directly effects the balance of the game mechanics and doesn't just address how boring it gets for you.

Fuck no , so what you don't like the weapon and everyone needs to suffer for it ?

Ofc is OP weapon , and that's why its the biggest treasure in the game :D

I carried my M4A1 CCO SD for three days without finding a mag for it. In the week since losing that gun i found a grand total of two magazines. I think SD ammo is rare enough as is.