Sign in to follow this  
SennenT

Why not just ban everybody with a hacked gun?!

some servers do ban people for that. I'm sure people do get banned that didn't know they had a hacked weapon. but oh well, they know now, and there's plenty of other servers out there

I was thinking they could have a system where you just can't join any server with a hacked weapon, but then you wouldn't be able to get ingame, drop the weapon, and play again

Who said smoke grenades were pointless? Not only can they be used to tactfully draw the attention of players, or block out their view of you, but they also attract zombies to them, and can be used to alert friends of your position.

You never used flares for zombies? I know more then u so don't tell me shit I alrdy know.

Smoke nades are pointless, simple.

I know more then u so don't tell me shit I alrdy know.

But apparently you don't know how to spell.

Nice job asshole.

• Like 1

There should definitely be a warning and gear deletion mechanic for gear that is not in the mod. If hackers want to grief you they can already delete all of your inventory with a bullet to the head, so don't hide behind them claiming it that hackers dont already have plenty of ways to grief players.

But there should be no bans or suspensions, just deletion of the guns not available in dayz. If you can't agree with that I suspect you have grown too attached to your newb rifle AS50 thermal.

Edit: bad grammar and spelling, people are hiding behind hackers acting like they are just waiting to delete your gear, they already can by killing you.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

I am assuming in the stane along this will not be a problem as the list of guns will be build into the game and not the full list of ARMA II guns.

I would assume we will not see any AS50 TWS.

yeah, it should be simple to lock down in the stand-alone

it's not like people spawn weapons that aren't in Arma 2

Or there could be a timer that issues them a warning to drop the hacked weapon, so even new players would learn quickly to not pick up guns from suspicious ammo crates? It would be incredibly easy to code and very simple to understand.

Please donate your brain to a local clinic if you refuse to use it.

oh, brilliant. so if someone hops on a server and runs a script that replaces my m4a1 with a g36c, i should have to drop it and wander around defenseless because it's my fault, right? .....OHWAIT. and i am assuming that your suggestion includes some equally brilliant consequence if the weapon is not dropped before the "timer" expires.

That's a pretty dumb idea! I've ran around and found hacked in guns on bodies and in random places. The script kids that are putting the guns in the game should be banned, not the players finding those weapons after they spawned them in.

You need a better attitude when responding to suggestions. It obviously is just a suggestion and not everything has been thought out, so you here are the moron.

Suggestions DO need to be thought out, otherwise what's stopping me from suggesting they add pink and rainbow coloured magical flying donkeys that shoot cakes made of lasers out of their assholes?

Nothing, that's what.

*Off to the suggestions section*

~Sol

Smoke nades are pointless, simple.

Someone runs up with a train of 20 zombies, you throw a smoke and all the zombies go for that instead of you two.

Yeah... pointless.

• Like 1

oh, brilliant. so if someone hops on a server and runs a script that replaces my m4a1 with a g36c, i should have to drop it and wander around defenseless because it's my fault, right? .....OHWAIT. and i am assuming that your suggestion includes some equally brilliant consequence if the weapon is not dropped before the "timer" expires.

In a perfect world, you be banned for your POS attitude before it comes to that. Since that's not gonna happen, then yes, you would be banned for not dropping it. Contrary to what you are implying, hackers and skiddies do not run around scripting guns into people's hands. If it does happen, it is incredibly rare. Never seen it, no one in my former clan has ever seen it, no one in my current group has seen it, and none of the QQ threads about hackers have ever mentioned it that I have seen. Maybe it is in fact a rampant problem, but the players are just fine with having hacked gear (they're obviously not complaining about it)? If that's the case, they should get the banhammer along with the hackers. Either way, you are just plain wrongtarded.

Since you don't like thinking, I'll help you out here: Add the mechanic only at the time of picking up the weapon, so if it is spawned directly into your hands, you'll be fine. Although the skiddies would abuse this and start scripting directly into their own inventories, which means my original suggestion was better. Either way, your crappy excuses really make you sound like a pathetic skiddie looking for ways to justify your hacked gear.

Edited by Angel_

It does make no sense, allowing people to knowingly exploit the game. They never should be banned, but maybe suspended. A weeks suspension and a character wipe would make them rethink their decisions. Although, I guess we need to wait for the standalone.

You need a better attitude when responding to suggestions. It obviously is just a suggestion and not everything has been thought out, so you here are the moron.

no, not at all

hes quite far from being the moron in here

NO kicking or banning. why? because cheaters will just put those wepons in your hands to get you kicked. And then you are stuck because you cannot join a server without getting kicked again because your pc is a potato. And you cannot drop the darn thing quickly enough.

Simply let the server turn the wepons into empty cans or chemlights. Instead of the banning and kicking.

every major update (when 1.7.3 eventually comes along) all hacked items turn into makarovs

Because what this game needs is more stress on an already overworked hive, caused by constant gear checks of every single player connected to it along with spamming endless warning messages.

the game already checks your gear AND reports who has hacked weapons to the hive.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46844-hackers/

No

This rumour has no basis to it whatsoever.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

Edited by Buffjesus
  • Like 1

whenever you deal with a hacker, the results might not be desirable

i don't think there should be global bans for having hacked weapons. but if some hacker were to get you kicked, or wiped, be mad at the hacker. it's not much different from when they just kill you

How hard would it be to add a few lines of code that would check servers for weapons that don't belong in DayZ and wipe them at timed intervals. Then again, I'm not getting paid to not fix the scripting problem.

In a perfect world, you be banned for your POS attitude before it comes to that. Since that's not gonna happen, then yes, you would be banned for not dropping it.

Your perfect world sounds like 1984. "Oh, you're not smiling? Time for reeducation..."

• Like 1

Your perfect world sounds like 1984. "Oh, you're not smiling? Time for reeducation..."

1984... that was a nice year.

This will only work if ALL players know what is a hack gun. Any player who doesn't frequent the forums or check wikis will not know what guns are intentionally in the game and which are modified or hacked in.

A solution to hackers needs to have the lowest possible false positive rate and this does not fit that criteria.