Sign in to follow this  
SennenT

Why not just ban everybody with a hacked gun?!

Hello,

I have been having a lot of trouble with hacked guns like the AS50 TWS and many more.

And I whas wondering, why doesn't every player who gets a hacked gun in his/her hands get a warning and at a few warnings they get banned. Why the hell not? Hackers would still be able to spawn guns that are in DayZ but this will at least fix the overly OP guns untill BattlEye and the ARMA 2 Multiplayer engine get fixed.

Thanks

• Like 3

are you a troll or just a moron?

in a game where hackers can literally script any weapon directly into a player's hands, you want to ban people for having "a hacked gun in his/her hands?"

• Like 7

It does make no sense, allowing people to knowingly exploit the game. They never should be banned, but maybe suspended. A weeks suspension and a character wipe would make them rethink their decisions. Although, I guess we need to wait for the standalone.

in a game where hackers can literally script any weapon directly into a player's hands, you want to ban people for having "a hacked gun in his/her hands?"

You need a better attitude when responding to suggestions. It obviously is just a suggestion and not everything has been thought out, so you here are the moron.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 2

As said by Mr. Twitch, hackers can directly script weapons onto a player. If your system was implemented, hackers could just troll everyone in a high pop server by giving them a few days of suspension with just one script injection.

Haha, that would be sweet? How do you even know if your gun is hacked? The hacker that scripted the gun into the game should be banned, not the guy finding and taking it. Maybe you have had a hacked gun at some point, who knows

It does make no sense, allowing people to knowingly exploit the game. They never should be banned, but maybe suspended. A weeks suspension and a character wipe would make them rethink their decisions. Although, I guess we need to wait for the standalone.

You need a better attitude when responding to suggestions. It obviously is just a suggestion and not everything has been thought out, so you here are the moron.

Best way 3 Warnings on 3 Logins (can be countet though every one has single GUID) after the 3 Hacked Weapon login/with warning Full Charakter WIpe.There dont need to be a ban for a weak it works this way to.

Warning should have in which Item is Hacked and that it should be droped or there will be a wipe.

WHy no week ban? becouse there are rly people arroudn that dont know whats hacked or not

Edited by Paddy0610

I think banning might be a bit harsh as there are people who pick up these guns and don't frequent the forums. But a warning system that kicks you as soon as you have one in-game would really help this. "You have been kicked and warned you are carrying an [AS50 TWS] this is a hacked in weapon" enough servers start doing this and people will catch on when they can't frequent there favorite servers and start dropping them (I hope :)).

Edited by Gambles

Sorry, I just thought of this after getting shot by an AS50 TWS. I whas sneaking up behind him with a hatchet and he turned around and shot me. It needs a lot more thinking, so instead of hating you could aslo throw in one of your genius suggestions because you're obviously superior to everybody else on this planet. Thanks for your time.

NO kicking or banning. why? because cheaters will just put those wepons in your hands to get you kicked. And then you are stuck because you cannot join a server without getting kicked again because your pc is a potato. And you cannot drop the darn thing quickly enough.

Simply let the server turn the wepons into empty cans or chemlights. Instead of the banning and kicking.

• Like 2

Guys, Solidice is onto something. Those ideas are great. All hacked weapons become tin cans or other useless stuff. All my beans to him/her.

all of the suggestions in this thread are bad, and you should all feel bad.

new to the game, excited because you see some cool looking stuff in a crate, and you pick up a scripted-in weapon? one of you thinks you should be banned, one of you thinks you should get a week's suspension, one of you thinks you should get kicked from the game, etc...

going along minding your own business when a scripter puts an AS50TWS in your hands? oh yes, clearly a bannable offense.

@SennenT: i am glad you recognize my superiority. here is a suggestion for you - deal with it until standalone. scripters are a fact of life right now, the mod is in alpha and battleye is impotent. you know this and you choose to play regardless.

• Like 1

NO kicking or banning. why? because cheaters will just put those wepons in your hands to get you kicked. And then you are stuck because you cannot join a server without getting kicked again because your pc is a potato. And you cannot drop the darn thing quickly enough.

Simply let the server turn the wepons into empty cans or chemlights. Instead of the banning and kicking.

new to the game, excited because you see some cool looking stuff in a crate, and you pick up a scripted-in weapon? one of you thinks you should be banned, one of you thinks you should get a week's suspension, one of you thinks you should get kicked from the game, etc...

going along minding your own business when a scripter puts an AS50TWS in your hands? oh yes, clearly a bannable offense.

@SennenT: i am glad you recognize my superiority. here is a suggestion for you - deal with it until standalone. scripters are a fact of life right now, the mod is in alpha and battleye is impotent. you know this and you choose to play regardless.

NO. Quite simply because of what these 2 guys have already said.

Punishing people for something they have no control over. NO THANK YOU!

Hacked guns aren't making or breaking the game currently. There is only one gun that can be really an advantage and that's the AS50 TWS. Other then that, there are bigger issues to work on or a way better approach then punishing someone for having a hacked in item.

Or there could be a timer that issues them a warning to drop the hacked weapon, so even new players would learn quickly to not pick up guns from suspicious ammo crates? It would be incredibly easy to code and very simple to understand.

Please donate your brain to a local clinic if you refuse to use it.

Even if hackers didn't script weapons into players hands, they could just as easily script in guns and drop them on legit loot piles along the coast.

I'm sure the average new spawn isn't going to think that dinner bell is a hacked weapon..

I ain't passing up a as50 tws if I see one, u know why, cuz some other dude will take it and kill me.

Plus there's loads of tents out there with them in.

I say make them legal atm so most people can use them. That way smoke nades wouldn't be pointless.

Until then hopefully the stand alone will be better.

Or there could be a timer that issues them a warning to drop the hacked weapon, so even new players would learn quickly to not pick up guns from suspicious ammo crates? It would be incredibly easy to code and very simple to understand.

Please donate your brain to a local clinic if you refuse to use it.

That's actually the first good idea I've heard concerning illegitimate items. Perhaps they could even go one further and replace it with a legitimate item. So if you have a AS50 TWS it gets replaced with the regular AS50 and notifies you with text on your screen.

You cant just ban players for picking up hacked weapons. Some players will know what weapons are legit and what is hacked, it comes down to the players themselfs if they want to use them.( I'd say 1 in 4 survivors playing now are running around with no-legit gear) Personally i wont use hacked in weapons, So a charactor wipe needs to come into play.....

That way smoke nades wouldn't be pointless.

Who said smoke grenades were pointless? Not only can they be used to tactfully draw the attention of players, or block out their view of you, but they also attract zombies to them, and can be used to alert friends of your position. Edited by Resoula

I am assuming in the stane along this will not be a problem as the list of guns will be build into the game and not the full list of ARMA II guns.

I would assume we will not see any AS50 TWS.

Your post is almost as poorly thought out as the OP's. Someone who isn't worried about being polite would simply call it stupid.

You can't ban people for carrying hacked weapons because it's unfair to ban someone's key simply because they're a noob who picked up something they didn't realize they shouldn't have.

That's pretty obvious, and if you can't think of that within the few seconds of time it takes to write a post, then you probably should spend more time thinking than posting.

Additionally, as noted, hackers can spawn weapons into people's hands and into their inventory.

• Like 2