Sign in to follow this  
SiDi

Plz fix the Hacker Problems on dayZ

Basic trig... I know that and I'm not really a coder either. The difference between, the distance between two points... with a comparative control value. I use this method for making a fluid camera follow a player character based on screen position :)

I guess it's too advanced for Team Rocket :/

~Sol

Yes, it's a (very) basic formula to calculate the distance between 2 points (i whould have really made it tridimensional.. but it was just an example), and a line like that implemented into the server (where the possible distance depends on a givin time) wouldn't eliminate the "cause", but would eliminate the consequence of a cheat (in the specific: the teleporters).

They will find other ways to cheat and troll.. but let's start to eliminate the most stupid (and cheap) ones.

Using this approach you don't even need to know HOW they did it.. (scripts.. mem.. whatever), you're just interested into the fact that the user moved from A to B instantly.. and it is wrong.. stop.

Edited by WalkerDown

The 2 most used "hack" in Arma2 atm are noway based on "scripts".. unfortunately. And the most incredible part is that they are PUBLIC (and free).. and they aren't banned yet (they are circulating by months). These are the "straight" facts you wanted to know?

It's good to see you're keeping up on the latest hacking facts. I assume you've made reports on devheaven or in some other manner by now. Awesome. Too bad you haven't bothered to read up on the standalone one bit.

It's good to see you're keeping up on the latest hacking facts. I assume you've made reports on devheaven or in some other manner by now. Awesome. Too bad you haven't bothered to read up on the standalone one bit.

I have a brain, enough to not believe at any marketing bullshit.

it's a Arma2 shitty coding (and Battleye disaster).. so forget it.

I think many people seem to fail to realize that the the root of hacking was also the circumstance which made DayZ possible. Arma was made as a mod-friendly military sandbox which gives the player the freedom to modify the game to his own needs.

It's also not about "Battleye being shit" or something like that, it's about the freedom that was given to the user purposely which is now being abused in the sense of hacking.

There is not much that can be done about it as long as the same scope of moddability exists which will consequently be removed in the standalone.

I think many people seem to fail to realize that the the root of hacking was also the circumstance which made DayZ possible. Arma was made as a mod-friendly military sandbox which gives the player the freedom to modify the game to his own needs.

It's also not about "Battleye being shit" or something like that, it's about the freedom that was given to the user purposely which is now being abused in the sense of hacking.

There is not much that can be done about it as long as the same scope of moddability exists which will consequently be removed in the standalone.

This being completely true and all, but they will simply find some other way. No game is hacker proof, and even the best games on the market for stopping hackers, still have trouble keeping up... and they are wealthy game studios with money to burn. Hackers gonna hack, no matter the vessel. Will it be harder for them? Absolutely. Will the engine openly allow it as it does now? Of course not. Will it stop? Sadly, very unlikely.

The only way to totally eliminate input abuse, is to remove all input. If you do this, you cannot possibly have a game any longer... a compromise is made, and so client data is accepted by the server in every single game you play online. Since server-side authenticity checks are too traffic heavy to have loads of people connected, the server-client relationship relies fairly heavily on data it receives from the client side. This data can easily be tampered with to achieve rule-defying results.

The system is inherently flawed because network speeds are unable to cope with checking every tiny detail.

A system that checks these tiny details in a more conservative way is required... but sadly this involves turning a partial blind eye to the problem, since the checks would be random and at a time where a player is not doing anything unusual.

TL;DR - I guess what I'm trying to say is... don't get your hopes up that standalone will be some magical fix to all of the hacker problems. The only thing that will solve that, is for the real zombie apocalypse to come and these pussies get eaten because they can't aimbot in real life.

~Sol

Edited by Sol