Sign in to follow this  
Fuji (DayZ)

cherno/elektro deathmatch makes the rest of chernarus irrelevant

I have been hanging around the NE airfield for a few days now and no one ever comes up here..

it seems people are so obsessed with the major cities that other areas of chernarus become ghost towns

What incentive is there to go anywhere else if you can quickly gear up and shoot people in cherno/elektro?

besides hoarding gear/vehicles ofc

The standalone needs to scatter the best loot around the map otherwise there is no point in having a big map imo

does anyone else live out in the sticks or am I just retarded?

Over the course of one weekend, me and a buddy raided the NWAF on 4 different occasions. We just join servers at random, so each time we were on different servers.

4 out of 4 times, there was another player raiding the barracks! And this was on low-pop servers (<10 players)!

When I need a hospital, I go to Berez instead of Cherno/Elektro, they're too dangerous.

Edited by ActionMan

The only time I go to Cherno or Elektro is gearing at spawn (finding say a map, bag, water bottle and a couple food).

Other than that, I use Berezino for medicine, Stary for low end military gear, and then the factory near orvolets and the berezino lumber mill for industry parts. Cherno and Elektro are trash - too far from anything to be reasonable loot points imo.

• Like 1

I've not had this problem, maybe you just need to find a higher populated server? Or maybe people are there, watching you, through the scope of their nice shiny AS50, laughing at you?

I've not had this problem, maybe you just need to find a higher populated server? Or maybe people are there, watching you, through the scope of their nice shiny AS50, laughing at you?

I always play on high pop servers (at least 40/50) to increase the chance of coming across someone to shoot :D

but NE airfield and berizino seem to always be empty.. methinks I have to relocate to Stary

It has nothing to do with people being "obsessed" with major cities. The simple fact is there is very little reason to go to a place like the NE airfiled, it's a heck of a long way to travel just for 2 hangars and a control tower, nothing interesting or unique spawns there and in the unlikely event that someone IS there you're a sitting duck for snipers. The NWAF has more than twice as many loot spawns plus it has unique items that can't spawn anywhere else on the map.

Spreading the loot around the map is pointless if there's nothing to do once you get the loot, which is the current situation we have now. DayZ is a "sandbox" experience but in its current form it's a pretty empty sandbox with too few toys to play with. Hopefully standalone can address that.

4 out of 4 times, there was another player raiding the barracks! And this was on low-pop servers (<10 players)!

Makes perfect sense when you think about it. People specifically choose low populated servers to get loot or vehicles, if I saw a server with 10 players or less I'd bet money that at least one of them was at the NWAF.

They need to remove all the military loot spawns from the city, that will push players north as they go looking for better guns.

Personally I would move all Military loot North of the games meridian , middle of the map the bottom half of the map should be for the new spawns to meek out a little loot, find a winchester get a map and stuff fill up on some food and other stuff, and then once their ready head north into the wild west.

At the moment the way the game is, every server I go on has a dozen tents near every city with tons of loot, just spawn , run up get gear, run in and shoot a few people, die, run up get gear and run back in, half the people in cherno dont care about their life, or their gear cos they know their just gona get more from a tent, its hardly a survival game when people are easily turning it into CS:ZOMBIE .

They need to remove all the military loot spawns from the city, that will push players north as they go looking for better guns.

Personally I would move all Military loot North of the games meridian , middle of the map the bottom half of the map should be for the new spawns to meek out a little loot, find a winchester get a map and stuff fill up on some food and other stuff, and then once their ready head north into the wild west.

At the moment the way the game is, every server I go on has a dozen tents near every city with tons of loot, just spawn , run up get gear, run in and shoot a few people, die, run up get gear and run back in, half the people in cherno dont care about their life, or their gear cos they know their just gona get more from a tent, its hardly a survival game when people are easily turning it into CS:ZOMBIE .

love how the people who complain like this, are the ones actually perpetuating the "problem" as they see it.

Once upon a time there was plenty of action up north. Then tent duping became high fashion so nobody needed to go north for top end rifles or to actually try to disguise their camps. Fix duping and wipe the hive you see how quick some of the northern parts become crazy again of course people will gravitate back down to cherno and elektro (those that survive the NWAF/heli looting) but they wont be able to spawn walk 600 meter north of Elektro get an AS50 and set up.

On high population servers the problem is obvious. Running north will only result in a lot of wasted time running and instadeath from a scripter. People stay in the South so they can enjoy their life while it lasts.