switch296

The flies/crows on very low humanity discussion

Heres a suggestion just remove scoped weapons from the game' date='how realistic is it that every third farmer keeps a sniper rifle in his barn.

Heres a tip to those people who love to snipe from 1000 yards grow some and go and shoot someone face to face,you never know you might become a man one day.

Sniping is for those who start to get the shakes when they get within 100 yards of a survivor.;)

[/quote']

nah i think scoped weapons add a good element to a game. the necessity of running through open fields has to be weighed very heavily.

I think that can be achieved with any assault weapon and some civie weapons will take a target down at 300 to 400 yards.

One item i would like to see in game are wire cutters and maybe charges to take out sandbag defences.

If you murder somone...or alot of people you would probably be splattered in blood/have some wounds.

Is there w ay to make that visible...but still subtle enough?

there should be no consequences for being a bandit only advantages to co-operative and survival type game play. i didn't avoid your comment i simply disagree with it completely.

But this mechanic IS an incentive to play as a survivor. That advantage being you wont have to worry about a flock of birds following you everywhere you go. It's not that much to ask is it? Considering the advantage of being a bandit is that you never have to worry about how you pick your targets.

listen chrono...penalizing anyone in this game is wrong. that's what makes this game so special. it's about having as much freedom to choose your own path.

i don't even play as a bandit. i have 1 murder in all the days and weeks that i've been playing. i avoid people almost always and i still think it's stupid to penalize someone who plays the game they way they want to. that's the beauty of this game. play how ever you want. find like minded people to play with. avoid or destroy those that do not share the same values.

If you murder somone...or alot of people you would probably be splattered in blood/have some wounds.

If you murder someone and then dig through their clothing/packs they wear THEN you'd get bloody hands. You could easily rinse it with a water bottle, but it your sleeves might still remain bloody. Of course this would happen if you dig through a zombie corpse as well, right? :-D

Personally I'm for less disparity of bandits on the map and have them more spread out, i.e make being a roaming, player hunting bandit more attractive. I write this a general non-bandit guy.

Rocket I have a good idea for bandits...the more people you kill the higher chance of seeing things that aren't there. You can make it client side so no lag on the servers end. Have random zombies spawn behind you that start attacking but cause no damage...your guy will probably freak out and fire a few shots calling in real zombies or alerting people. I imagine in real life if you kept killing people you would start to go alittle crazy.

So much don't know where to start.

1. ArmA2 skins can't carry backpacks. Only a selection (no all) of PMC' date=' BAF, and ArmA2 OA. That is why I have so few skins in the mod.

2. Most of the suggestions are major engine changes. They're not even minor engine changes, let alone changes I can implement in the mod. Cool ideas for any possible future game, but not something I can do now.

[/quote']

What you could do - is add stacked camo effects to bandits.

100+ humanity = no camo effect

-0humanity = a little spray of blood in hands and in face

-1000 = a little more spray of blood in hands and in face

-2000 = even more spray of blood in hands and in face

-10000 humanity = shit loads of blood in face and in hands... red devil...

Question is: who wants to have blood in their hands? xD

you could add blood spills in their camo clothes as well...

No

Making psychopaths stinky and crowey is not authentic. Just add more to the game and the boredom problem resolves itself.

More than 20 words:

Make people recognizable as in the real world and psychopaths will eventually earn infamy.

Rocket I have a good idea for bandits...the more people you kill the higher chance of seeing things that aren't there. You can make it client side so no lag on the servers end. Have random zombies spawn behind you that start attacking but cause no damage...your guy will probably freak out and fire a few shots calling in real zombies or alerting people. I imagine in real life if you kept killing people you would start to go alittle crazy.

Must be hard for all of world's soldiers, seeing zombies that aren't there all the time.

Must be hard for all of world's soldiers' date=' seeing zombies that aren't there all the time.

[/quote']

Sounds a bit like PTSD.

MASKOAA, don't you think people would generally go crazy in a world where zombies roam around in every village, town and city? If I'd be wandering around like I've been doing in Chernarus, I'd go pretty insane and 100% paranoid, even without killing anyone.

Actually the more people you kill, the more cold blooded you would get, every bandit with more than 20 player kills should be walking around like Clint Eastwood in a Fistful of dollars.

Must be hard for all of world's soldiers' date=' seeing zombies that aren't there all the time.

[/quote']

Sounds a bit like PTSD.

Note the first word: post. And only 1 in 8 soldiers get PTSD. And PTSD is 99.9% of the time nothing like that.

1. ArmA2 skins can't carry backpacks. Only a selection (no all) of PMC' date=' BAF, and ArmA2 OA. That is why I have so few skins in the mod.

2. Most of the suggestions are major engine changes. They're not even minor engine changes, let alone changes I can implement in the mod. Cool ideas for any possible future game, but not something I can do now.

[/quote']

What you could do - is add stacked camo effects to bandits.

100+ humanity = no camo effect

-0humanity = a little spray of blood in hands and in face

-1000 = a little more spray of blood in hands and in face

-2000 = even more spray of blood in hands and in face

-10000 humanity = shit loads of blood in face and in hands... red devil...

Question is: who wants to have blood in their hands? xD

you could add blood spills in their camo clothes as well...

Jesus, i'd be a walking horror show. Before the humanity meter was taken away, I was pushing -30k, can only imagine what it's like now.

But for the record I think any kind of visual indication of murder tendencies is as stupid as the bandit skin was. Unless I can wear a necklace made of human ears, cause that would be rockin'.

The amount of humanity you can lose before you get the bandit skin should have been increased. I think it would have worked fine then.

[/quote']

Sounds a bit like PTSD.

Note the first word: post. And only 1 in 8 soldiers get PTSD. And PTSD is 99.9% of the time nothing like that.

Most soldiers don't typically kill random civilians for their beans.

listen chrono...penalizing anyone in this game is wrong. that's what makes this game so special. it's about having as much freedom to choose your own path.

i don't even play as a bandit. i have 1 murder in all the days and weeks that i've been playing. i avoid people almost always and i still think it's stupid to penalize someone who plays the game they way they want to. that's the beauty of this game. play how ever you want. find like minded people to play with. avoid or destroy those that do not share the same values.

You're missing something though, it's still a matter of choice, nobody is forcing bandits to play as bandits just as nobody is forcing me to play as a survivor. There are SERIOUSLY big disadvantages to playing as a survivor (as you should know) but I push through them because that's how I want to play, why is it so impossible for anyone to expect the same from bandits, why shouldn't bandits have disadvantages too, because as things are right now, I really can't see any.

It's a choice just like any other. If you choose to venture out in the rain, you might get a cold. If you choose to skip over the next town along your path, you might run out of food and starve. If you choose a sniper rifle over an assault rifle, you have a higher chance of attracting infected. If you choose to be a survivor, you'll have to judge whether or not someone is worthy of your trust (a gameplay element that would remain even if rocket did add the crows or perhaps the PTSD effects). If you choose to randomly kill survivors for their loot, you will suffer the good and the bad affects of your decision just like any other decision in the game.

What exactly is wrong with this premise??

If I don't have PTSD from watching my friends, family and loved ones being eaten alive by an army of bloodthirsty zombies, you really think I'm going to get it from popping your fat head like a watermelon with my pistol? Nah.

If I don't have PTSD from watching my friends' date=' family and loved ones being eaten alive by an army of bloodthirsty zombies, you really think I'm going to get it from popping your fat head like a watermelon with my pistol? Nah.

[/quote']

Who says your character went through that? Your character has no history unless you make one up.

If I don't have PTSD from watching my friends' date=' family and loved ones being eaten alive by an army of bloodthirsty zombies, you really think I'm going to get it from popping your fat head like a watermelon with my pistol? Nah.

[/quote']

You might get it for ending the lives of other people who have been through the same heartaches as you and were merely trying to survive just as you were, or who may have even helped you if you had asked.

You're missing something though' date=' it's still a matter of choice, nobody is forcing bandits to play as bandits just as nobody is forcing me to play as a survivor. There are SERIOUSLY big disadvantages to playing as a survivor (as you should know) but I push through them because that's how I want to play, why is it so impossible for anyone to expect the same from bandits, why shouldn't bandits have disadvantages too, because as things are right now, I really can't see any.

It's a choice just like any other. If you choose to venture out in the rain, you'll get a cold. If you choose to skip over the next town along your path, you might run out of food and starve. If you choose a sniper rifle over an assault rifle, you have a higher chance of attracting infected. If you choose to be a survivor, you'll have to judge whether or not someone is worthy of your trust (a gameplay element that would remain even if rocket did add the crows or perhaps the PTSD effects). If you choose to randomly kill survivors for their loot, you will suffer the good and the bad affects of your decision just like any other decision in the game.

[/quote']

look at any country that's ever experienced an epic nation destroying cival war and had to endure war lords and those that were willing to do great injustice to innocent people. They always live better then those that would rather draw a mental line in the sand about morality. the biggest meanest son of bitch around is going to be the one that runs the show. they are going to be the one that has the biggest gun because they took it. they will be the one who has stock piles of gear because they murdered to get it.

for those that are willing to kill indiscriminately the rewards are always bigger in post apocalyptic type situations like cival wars where law and order have been abandoned. all that remains is what an individual can live with mentally.

[/quote']

Sounds a bit like PTSD.

Yes, and don't you think that those who go on killing random civilians by choice would be the least likely to suffer from PTSD? That's by definition sociopathic and they don't suffer from PTSD, so there.

You're missing something though' date=' it's still a matter of choice, nobody is forcing bandits to play as bandits just as nobody is forcing me to play as a survivor. There are SERIOUSLY big disadvantages to playing as a survivor (as you should know) but I push through them because that's how I want to play, why is it so impossible for anyone to expect the same from bandits, why shouldn't bandits have disadvantages too, because as things are right now, I really can't see any.

It's a choice just like any other. If you choose to venture out in the rain, you'll get a cold. If you choose to skip over the next town along your path, you might run out of food and starve. If you choose a sniper rifle over an assault rifle, you have a higher chance of attracting infected. If you choose to be a survivor, you'll have to judge whether or not someone is worthy of your trust (a gameplay element that would remain even if rocket did add the crows or perhaps the PTSD effects). If you choose to randomly kill survivors for their loot, you will suffer the good and the bad affects of your decision just like any other decision in the game.

[/quote']

look at any country that's ever experienced an epic nation destroying cival war and had to endure war lords and those that were willing to do great injustice to innocent people. They always live better then those that would rather draw a mental line in the sand about morality. the biggest meanest son of bitch around is going to be the one that runs the show. they are going to be the one that has the biggest gun because they took it. they will be the one who has stock piles of gear because they murdered to get it.

for those that are willing to kill indiscriminately the rewards are always bigger in post apocalyptic type situations like cival wars where law and order have been abandoned. all that remains is what an individual can live with mentally.

That might be true but there has to be give and take in a game or else the game just becomes deathmatch with zombies in the middle.

[/quote']

Would adding more skins that wear backpacks be a major engine change? Are you forever limited to those skins, or just limited temporarily by resources?

I think if we had a boatload of skin choices - like hundreds - and appearance was persistent so that all clients didn't see random stuff and instead had a persistent image to all people, then players would be recognizable. And recognition, among other advantages, would give people identity and responsibility.

I think more skins and more visual appearance choices would solve a lot of issues related to the topic at hand. Like if there were hundreds of them that made it much more likely that each person was distinct it would achieve many things in the DayZ world.

If that is technically feasible I don't know.

[/quote']

Sounds a bit like PTSD.

Yes, and don't you think that those who go on killing random civilians by choice would be the least likely to suffer from PTSD? That's by definition sociopathic and they don't suffer from PTSD, so there.

No but is it crazy to think crazy people would imagine things that aren't there?

That might be true but there has to be give and take in a game or else the game just becomes deathmatch with zombies in the middle.

sure...that's why i don't think there should be disadvantages to being a bad guy only improved advantages to living with a sense of morality and allegiance to those around you, but even then who is the meter on how a group of people, who live well together, reacts and responds to another group?

if you treat your group and compatriots well and work with in a moral compass should you be penalized if you murder another group or survivor rather than admit them into your group? where does it stop? what is cival and moral for one group or survivor may be a death sentence for another all in an effort to survive.

Sounds a bit like PTSD.

Yes' date=' and don't you think that those who go on killing random civilians by choice would be the least likely to suffer from PTSD? That's by definition sociopathic and they don't suffer from PTSD, so there.

[/quote']

No but is it crazy to think crazy people would imagine things that aren't there?

What makes you think those people are crazy? Hallucination is not a symptom of sociopathy.