Sign in to follow this  
mikyjax

Low humanity --> gun on respawn

Seeing Rocket trying to find a solution to those both problems gave me an idea that I didn't developped in his thread to stay in the 20 words rule.

Here is my thought:

The crowd/flies is negative for bandit, I think the solution is not to penalize bandit but give something to "good guys"

Why not mix the two last ideas:

Give a gun to "good guys" but nothing else on spawn.

Give nothing to "low humanity guys"

Before yelling, read the explainaition:

A guy with a low humanity with a gun will be able to defend himself earlier, but he won't kill anybody because, remember? It s a good guy.

In fact, this give an advantage to survivor to defend theimself.

If you shoot someone without a gun, no matter he is bandit, you loose humanity it s a murder.

So we don't have the scenario where survivor kill bandit seeing they have no gun to defend theimselves.

The only person who will kill a non-armed bandit will be "a bandit"...

I m already laughing at this.

No it s not reallistic, no more than bandit skins or crowds. Just a different mechanic.

Thoughts?

Yes.

I like the idea because usually bandits are experienced and can handle the more difficult spawn. Most players will want a gun on spawn so they will think about totally random killing before doing it. Also, it is very subtle and a temporary problem starting out that doesn't permanently cripple.

Meh. Doesn't fix or change anything. The optimized way to play after respawning is to just run straight to barns/buildings and quickly get yourself a weapon. If you die, no biggie, rinse and repeat. Not like you lost anything. Continue until you find a weapon (shouldn't really take more than one try), then play normally.

yes Xant, that s why giving a gun to "good guys" is just giving theim a slight more advantage on that start. Nothing more.

+ it can add a funny thing.

bandit grouping with a survivor on the start. Maybe that can give birth to a nice friendship. Yes once the bandit find a gun maybe he will put a bullet in the survivor's head who helped him. But still, it s tryiable. Since we the goods are dumb enough to forgive :p

I'm very confused at why bandits need to be recognized. Let's think for a moment about real life situations in a zombie survival world, as best as we can. Would a bandit be instantly recognizable? No, they could have traces of murders, such as blood on them, but that would not be suspicious, as it could be the zombies blood. I understand that's annoying for people, never knowing who's good and who's bad, but we have to understand this is an attempt at the most life-like zombie survival, not Left 4 Dead.

A good guy wouldn't be the guy who knows where to find weapons.

A bad guy would totally know where to find weapons.

So, no.

I would rather see something similar depending on how long you survived last life, makes more sense to me. I don't think it should matter how you manage to survive as long as you don't die. Best would be if everyone started without it though (that's my opinion either way).

A good guy wouldn't be the guy who knows where to find weapons.

A bad guy would totally know where to find weapons.

So' date=' no.

[/quote']

i understand your perspective. We are just looking for a mechanic, for the gameplay, of a GAME.

Nobody knows what happened before dayz, nobody knows why some guy could have a gun and other not.

See it like: "yes, some guys have guns, other don't"

With this:

Bandits will have an harder start.

Survivor keep having an harder end.

I'm not really up for this. I'm a "good guy" for the record.

not having a gun at start is SUCH a disadvantage. it's a way of punishment for a game style.

What would happen is bandits would cease to be.

outcome 1

Bad guy A starts with nothing, goes to town and agro's zombie. dead. AND repeat.

this will force people to play good, witch takes away from the dynamics of the game

Outcome2

Good guy B runs in to Bad guy A (who manage to live) Badguy A shoots at Goodguy B but misses, Good guy B returns fire, kills Bad guy A, now Good guy B turns in to bad guy B

if that at all makes since.

A for effort ;)

Not having gun is SUCH a disadvantage, I can agree. But it s maybe coming in the next patch. For everybody. And personaly I would love to experience it, even if I m a "good guy".

I don't think this option will remove bandit from the game, really.

I defended myself, but never stayed bandit for long. Healing around ect. So be a bandit is never forever. Your call to decide to change or not.

i think that a bandit should only have a disadvantage when it is only visible and/or affects them without everyone else knowing it. they should not be singled out for their actions during game play by others in the game.

You can't possibly link some character's behavior to the respawned character's chance of survival.

When you die, you play as someone different, so there shouldn't be any link between one character and another one.

You can't possibly link some character's behavior to the respawned character's chance of survival.

When you die' date=' you play as someone different, so there shouldn't be any link between one character and another one.

[/quote']

Like Tents?

Like teamspeak and your team waiting to gear you up?

This idea is still a punishment for being a bandit.

Seeing Rocket trying to find a solution to those both problems gave me an idea that I didn't developped in his thread to stay in the 20 words rule.

Here is my thought:

The crowd/flies is negative for bandit' date=' I think the solution is not to penalize bandit but give something to "good guys"

Why not mix the two last ideas:

Give a gun to "good guys" but nothing else on spawn.

Give nothing to "low humanity guys"

Before yelling, read the explainaition:

A guy with a low humanity with a gun will be able to defend himself earlier, but he won't kill anybody because, remember? It s a good guy.

In fact, this give an advantage to survivor to defend theimself.

No it s not reallistic, no more than bandit skins or crowds. Just a different mechanic.

Thoughts?

[/quote']

This is not a punishement for bandits since rocket think to remove makarov for everybody.

It s just an advantage to survivor who will have it from start.

But survivor use their guns against threats, period. Not to harm people or take their loot.

So survivor could have this slight advantage on the start. Don't forget we are talking about an advantage who last about 1 half an hour.

After don't worry, bandit will have the advantage back since they shot on sight.

If you end up starting with a pistol after a few lives cause you didnt kill someone, you are still punishing bad behavior. Its like a dog. Your dog doesnt get a treat unless he does something good. If he does then you give him a treat. When he does something bad you dont give him a treat, you are taking it away. It is a punishment.

To my mind, it doesnt matter that you can get weapons fast or not. This would be the first push down a slope of punishing actions that people take.

If he takes the pistol away, it needs to be across the board with no way of ever spawning with one.

This is not a punishement for bandits since rocket think to remove makarov for everybody.

It s just an advantage to survivor who will have it from start.

But survivor use their guns against threats' date=' period. Not to harm people or take their loot.

So survivor could have this slight advantage on the start. Don't forget we are talking about an advantage who last about 1 half an hour.

After don't worry, bandit will have the advantage back since they shot on sight.

[/quote']

You could add this too:

If you shoot someone without a gun, no matter he is bandit, you loose humanity it s a murder.

So we don't have the scenario where survivor kill bandit seeing they have no gun to defend theimselves.

Your new character shouldn't be aware of the location where your tent was. We cannot delete the tent when the character dies (which would be unrealistic) but allowing new character to know exactly where it is ain't realistic either.

People are starting to talk about " meta gaming " which kinds of ruins the game sometimes.

Your new character shouldn't be aware of the location where your tent was. We cannot delete the tent when the character dies (which would be unrealistic) but allowing new character to know exactly where it is ain't realistic either.

People are starting to talk about " meta gaming " which kinds of ruins the game sometimes.

I totally agree with you.

It does not matter what you do in one life, when players respawn, they should either all have pistols or none of them. It is still a reward system for good behavior.

You could add this too:

If you shoot someone without a gun' date=' no matter he is bandit, you loose humanity it s a murder.

[/quote']

I feel your previous character should have no effect on what happens with your next character

Also, humanity will need proper fixing first. I hate killing people who say friendly, but still insist on aiming their gun at me. I shouldn't be punished for 'surviving', and I don't think people should be punished being a bandit if they choose to be, even if a change as small as this were to be implemented

I feel there shouldn't be a humanity system that affects the game, I'd rather keep it purely statistical and for vanity reasons. BUT if humanity was to affect the game I would like to see the return of skins. But not for identifying bad guys or 'bandits', but rather for identifying the 'good guys'. I would like to a skin for those who risks there lives to give people transfusions and banages. I feel that if humanity was to change, it would be for the unique good guys, not for being/punishing bandits. But even that I'm sceptical about

TL;DR You shouldn't be punished for playing the way you want to, even if you are a mindless griefer