wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

So my five tents full of guns, ghillies and NVG's have been deleted? Phtt! :o

One of the reasons I've not been on Wireworld is that the DayZ Commander 'directory over-ride' feature is still broken. That was alright when I only played on Wireworld, but now that I've got established characters on v176 servers, it's too much of a pain to manually swap folder names around each time.

If any Wireworld players want to express their desire to have this DayZ Commander feature fixed, the thread is here:

http://forums.dayzcommander.com/index.php?/topic/699-directory-override-broken-for-the-last-few-versions/

So my five tents full of guns, ghillies and NVG's have been deleted? Phtt! :o

'Fraid so m8, time to start again! Welcome to the new Zombie Apocalypse :D

Kind regards

Mac

Omg. whats happening, its not mac and the admins fault that some have a shitty game experience, its some ppl on this server that is imature, and cant see the fun in it, so if everyone just shut up, and play isnted of talking to ppl and saying how bad or shitty they are, then it probably will be much better. respect one and another.

Peace MF`s ;)

• Like 4

respect one and another.

Peace MF`s ;)

Well said that man :beans: :beans: :beans:

Looks interesting!

Downloaded the rar file but can't find the instructions on where to copy what files etc..

Looks interesting!

Downloaded the rar file but can't find the instructions on where to copy what files etc..

sup chopper...hope you are doing well buddy. All you have to do is download the rar file and then extract the two folders (@Dayz, Keys) into your arma 2 operation arrowhead folder. You will have existing folders and you will be asked if its ok to overwrite existing files. You will have to say yes for a successful install. If you play other DayZ servers, you'll notice in DayZ Commander that your DayZ mod is "corrupt". Simply hit repair if you want to go back to playing other servers and repeat my instructions to come back to Wireworld....

Pain in the butt? Kinda, but Wireworld is headed in a direction that will make it well worth it.

• Like 2

Why would anyone wanna play on other servers?! Wireworld server rules! There was never cheaters on this server and i am playing only on this server for last....I don't know....many, many months XD.

• Like 1

Why would anyone wanna play on other servers?! Wireworld server rules!

It really does rule! I'm playing on a server now that has 35 players in the evening and 100 vehicles, and there is less equipment in circulation than when Wireworld only has 5-10 players. In other words, Wireworld players scavenge, repair vehicles and build camps just as much as they PvP, whereas most other servers just PvP in hotspots. Also no-one else uses the Mumble/Teamspeak provided on other servers; they are mostly empty. Wireworld has a very active community by comparison.

However, at the moment I'm enjoying fighting with AI patrols, and this other server also has animated heli crashes spawn every 20 minutes; I like to listen out for them to get a general fix on the location, and then go hunting for them on foot. If DayZ Commander fixed its 'directory over-ride' feature, I'd switch between the servers more often.

• Like 1

GB Wireworld Friday Night Fight Club is Back.......

This Friday 10th May at 8pm GMT on our TS3 Server

Kick Off 8:30pm GMT Sharp - NO LATE JOINERS ALLOWED

Separate DB for the Event, your usual DayZ characters won't be affected by this Event.

Event details - Two teams, one Team as Attackers (ghillie suits), One Team of Defenders (camo). Bases provided for both Teams with full gear (4 Trucks packed with loads of gear).

Objective based, Attackers have to destroy a Target with Pipe Bombs, Defenders have to stop them at all costs.

Times Rounds, Attackers have 90 mins to complete the task.

Team Switching after each Round.

Looking forward to hosting this Event for you all... Tell you're friends...

Kind Regards

Mac

It really does rule! I'm playing on a server now that has 35 players in the evening and 100 vehicles, and there is less equipment in circulation than when Wireworld only has 5-10 players. In other words, Wireworld players scavenge, repair vehicles and build camps just as much as they PvP, whereas most other servers just PvP in hotspots. Also no-one else uses the Mumble/Teamspeak provided on other servers; they are mostly empty. Wireworld has a very active community by comparison.

However, at the moment I'm enjoying fighting with AI patrols, and this other server also has animated heli crashes spawn every 20 minutes; I like to listen out for them to get a general fix on the location, and then go hunting for them on foot. If DayZ Commander fixed its 'directory over-ride' feature, I'd switch between the servers more often.

I miss the good ol' days when the Germans and the English were having a go at each other and when the two Americans culled an entire herd of Canadian butt :)

• Like 2

I miss the good ol' days when the Germans and the English were having a go at each other and when the two Americans culled an entire herd of Canadian butt :)

Hey Cactus, good old days are returning :lol: , we're getting around 10 - 15 players most nights, more when I have guys playing in the shop. Friday night Fight Club returns this Friday too, Kick off 8pm GMT, hope to catch up then... Thanks for the BUMP... Beans for you! :beans: :beans: :beans:

• Like 1

I've been playing on this server on and off for several months and have invited several of my gaming pals to do the same. The experience has generally been exceptional... not one incident I can put down to hacking and the admin (Mac) is very personable and reasonable. The recent changes are very much to my taste so I've been playing a bit more of late. It's a great time to give it a go whether you are new to private hives or not.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who played last nights Fight Club Event - The Battle for Vibor, Loads of rounds played and it was great to catch up with everyone. Expect more Fight Club Events over the next couple of months!

:beans: :beans: :beans: Beans to all who took part!

Kind Regards

Mac

Server News:

Animated chopper crash sites added (the ones that fly in and crash) with MUCH better loot spawns. They happen every 35 mins or so.

A surprise random event has been added to the server too, not saying what it is but OMG you'll know when it's about to happen!

Kind regards

Mac

Current Server Settings.

Helicopters and Planes have been removed from the Server to encourage base building BUT every 2 weeks I will spawn a chopper in.

Animated Crash sites - Choppers actually fly in and crash to the ground!

Surprise Event every Hour (You'll know when its going to happen)

Full Moon Nights with 1.7.7

NVG's will be removed from the game soon (not yet) with 1.7.7

Restarts are every 5 hours,

Timezone is GMT -2

35 Player Server

Side Channel is enabled.

64 slot Teamspeak 3 Server.

Tents no longer removed after death

42 Vehicle Spawns.

Hmm... If you're trying to entice me back, you're doing a damn good job!

Once my character is reduced to no-gear on my current server, I'll start again on Wireworld if you keep those settings.

• Like 1

Hmm... If you're trying to entice me back, you're doing a damn good job!

Once my character is reduced to no-gear on my current server, I'll start again on Wireworld if you keep those settings.

"because of you.... these things I do....."

Shit... I just got two hueys and a Humvee this morning on the other server, all chock full of guns.

I could be a while losing them again.

I wish Dotijosh would fix the DayZ Commander directory over-ride; I guess he's done with DC and not updating it much any more.

Shit... I just got two hueys and a Humvee this morning on the other server, all chock full of guns.

I could be a while losing them again.

I wish Dotijosh would fix the DayZ Commander directory over-ride; I guess he's done with DC and not updating it much any more.

Give up on that Phil, just copy your @dayz folder and install our dayz.rar into that, rename and change as required - but you knew that :o

New Server Setup:

Helicopters and Planes have been removed from the Server to encourage base building BUT every 2 weeks I will spawn a chopper in.

Animated Crash sites - Choppers actually fly in and crash to the ground!

Air Raid Surprise Event every Hour (You'll know when its going to happen)

Knockout Script has been added - You can knockout other players! (removed due to bugs :()

JSRS Sound Mod 1.5 is now allowed on the server

Full Moon Nights with 1.7.7

NVG's will be removed from the game soon (not yet) with 1.7.7

Restarts are every 5 hours,

Timezone is GMT -2

35 Player Server

Side Channel is enabled.

64 slot Teamspeak 3 Server.

Tents no longer removed after death

42 Vehicle Spawns.

Enjoy,

Mac

Edited by wireworld
  • Like 1

:beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :thumbsup:

Thanks m8 :),

New Build from R4ZOR49 today...

See changelog in our first post. DayZ gets better and better......

Kind regards

Mac

Edited by wireworld

Server News:

Combat Loggers get a penalty on re-log - Unconscious for 5 mins plus bleeding - doesn't kill you but leaves you on about 100 blood!

Kind regards

Mac