wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

My feedback about the latest build:

Extremely boring. You basically spend an entire evening going from place to place (now forced by the 30 minute loot respawn),

and at the end of two or three hours, after putting your character under constant danger, you have absolutely nothing to show

for it except a backpack full of garbage.

Repeat evening after evening ad infinitum. These last few days are the worst sessions of DayZ I've had in eight months of playing.

Time + effort + danger must be ultimately <= reward, otherwise there is no motivation to scavenge.

And this is coming from someone who has done nothing but scavenge for eight months.

I've only killed twelve players during that time, and I've only been killed eight times (three of those times by bugs).

I've let about 40 players walk right past me without engaging them.

Now I'm being encouraged to kill other players just to see if they have beans on them.

Further, gear is too easily lost in this game (especially now tents have to be out in the open) so gear can't be made too difficult to obtain and hide, otherwise no-one is going to spend hours trying to 'craft' a weapon only to have it taken away a couple of days later.

ease of scavenging and storing gear must be >= ease of losing gear

Finally, I don't see how we can be testing 'crafting' if there are no blueprints on the server.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

My feedback about the latest build:

Extremely boring. You basically spend an entire evening going from place to place (now forced by the 30 minute loot respawn),

and at the end of two or three hours, after putting your character under constant danger, you have absolutely nothing to show

for it except a backpack full of garbage.

Repeat evening after evening ad infinitum. These last few days are the worst sessions of DayZ I've had in eight months of playing.

Time + effort + danger must be ultimately <= reward, otherwise there is no motivation to scavenge.

And this is coming from someone who has done nothing but scavenge for eight months.

I've only killed twelve players during that time, and I've only been killed eight times (three of those times by bugs).

I've let about 40 players walk right past me without engaging them.

Now I'm being encouraged to kill other players just to see if they have beans on them.

Further, gear is too easily lost in this game (especially now tents have to be out in the open) so gear can't be made too difficult to obtain and hide, otherwise no-one is going to spend hours trying to 'craft' a weapon only to have it taken away a couple of days later.

ease of scavenging and storing gear must be >= ease of losing gear

Finally, I don't see how we can be testing 'crafting' if there are no blueprints on the server.

I'll pass on your thoughts and feedback to R4ZOR Phil,...

Remember this is a 'work in progress' and he does listen to us and uses our feedback to help craft the next pre-release. Keep smiling and keep the faith brother :)

Kind regards

Mac

New players wishing to test the pre-release are very welcome. details in our first post..

Kind regards

Mac

Server News: All Vehicle Damage is now working properly including the in game HUD!

Any new players wishing to try the pre release pleas join and get kicked.

Kind regards

Mac

Server News: June 3rd.

50 Vehicle Spawns. (up from 42)

Backpacks work as normal during play but they loose ALL items (except guns) on player logout - (anti Infinite ammo backpack glitch fix).

Server runs Full moon Nights from 8pm - 5am - no more pitch black play.

Enjoy

Mac

I am officially done with this server.

I have no idea why you are so desperately trying to lose all your players, but you are doing a good job to make that sure Mac.

This last patch is so terrible in my opinion and your last "fix", jesus why? Just fucking why?

I mean its like totaly impossible to find anything and when you find something you cant even carry it arround for longer. Backpacks are completly useless. Good job.

But atleast i can keep my fucking 2nd gun, yea like i even have the space to suply it with a 2nd type of ammo, jk i have to carry all my other shit in my inventory. Seriously?

I have played on this server for like 8 month and it was awesome most of the time, but this is over since Calibre and his crew left the server. I have an idea why that might have happened, but i am not going to start on that.

Bye bye

• Like 1

I am officially done with this server.

I have no idea why you are so desperately trying to lose all your players, but you are doing a good job to make that sure Mac.

This last patch is so terrible in my opinion and your last "fix", jesus why? Just fucking why?

I mean its like totaly impossible to find anything and when you find something you cant even carry it arround for longer. Backpacks are completly useless. Good job.

But atleast i can keep my fucking 2nd gun, yea like i even have the space to suply it with a 2nd type of ammo, jk i have to carry all my other shit in my inventory. Seriously?

I have played on this server for like 8 month and it was awesome most of the time, but this is over since Calibre and his crew left the server. I have an idea why that might have happened, but i am not going to start on that.

Bye bye

Relax Infy, I was just testing that backpack idea out. I'm pissed off with players exploiting their ammo...

I've just put the final pre-release 1.7.7 on the server and it's totally vanilla with no changes from me, so your back packs work again as intended.

Its the final build that R4ZOR49 is waiting to hear from Rocket if it's ok to release.

Checkout the changelog in our first post...

So if you want to have a look at the real 1.7.7 before it's officially released now is the time to get back on our Server.

Hope you come back, if not, It was nice to play with you all. Never thought I'd say this but I'm going to miss the Germans :P

Kind regards

Mac

The last build wasn't much fun to play, I'd agree with that. This build has no crafting items so no more of those and good riddance

Edited by wireworld

Relax Infy, I was just testing that backpack idea out. I'm pissed off with players exploiting their ammo...

I've just put the final pre-release 1.7.7 on the server and it's totally vanilla with no changes from me, so your back packs work again as intended.

Its the final build that R4ZOR49 is waiting to hear from Rocket if it's ok to release.

Checkout the changelog in our first post...

So if you want to have a look at the real 1.7.7 before it's officially released now is the time to get back on our Server.

Hope you come back, if not, It was nice to play with you all. Never thought I'd say this but I'm going to miss the Germans :P

Kind regards

Mac

The last build wasn't much fun to play, I'd agree with that. This build has no crafting items so no more of those and good riddance

Mac,

I personally like what you are trying to create. A zombie survival sim. Simple. The backpack/ammo exploit is BS and its a game changer. If I can put ammo in my backpack, quickly abort and rejoin without even having to leave the server, and get all my ammo back.....it makes looting almost irrelevant once you get the magazines. I don't agree with Infy in that this is a bad fix. You will GAIN players in the long run. Yes, you may lose some players who only play for PVP and don't want to consider the conservation of expendables like ammo....but everyone knows its BS. With the backpack/ammo fix, it changes the game to what the game was intended to be. It makes looting important. It makes your finds important.

I will say that to be effective, the loot must be fixed too. The crafting BS and the items that spawn as a result needs to be removed. Those items only take up opportunites for good, useful items to spawn.

My two cents.

Love it when you bump the topic boys.... :D

Any new players just make sure you check out our first post, everything you need is there.... :beans: :beans: :beans: 4all

Guys,

I've decided to implement my hacky backpack ammo glitch fix on the server for the next week. I want to see how it affects gameplay for us all. It's going to be interesting to loose the ability to put your ammo into a backpack, log out, log in and have full ammo. It should make ammo a real issue and you'll think twice about firing your gun from now. Weapons and any tools, (compass, GPS ect) are NOT affected by the fix, when you log out those items will still be in your backpack when you log back in.

You can still use your backpack to store whatever you want while you play just as normal, the backpack is fully functional. it's only when you log out the items get destroyed/removed.

Before i get flamed to bits about this change, lets just play with it for a week and see how it feels. Small and Medium Stashes now work and sandbags aren't too hard to find.

All my other addons, dynamic chopper crash sites, random air raids, combat log penalty and AN2 cargo drops have been added back on the server for your pleasure.

Thanks to R4AZ0R49 for letting us use the latest 1.7.7 patch, we love you man! :beans: :beans: :beans: for you :D

Kind regards

Mac

• Like 1

Guys,

I've decided to implement my hacky backpack ammo glitch fix on the server for the next week. I want to see how it affects gameplay for us all. It's going to be interesting to loose the ability to put your ammo into a backpack, log out, log in and have full ammo. It should make ammo a real issue and you'll think twice about firing your gun from now. Weapons and any tools, (compass, GPS ect) are NOT affected by the fix, when you log out those items will still be in your backpack when you log back in.

You can still use your backpack to store whatever you want while you play just as normal, the backpack is fully functional. it's only when you log out the items get destroyed/removed.

Before i get flamed to bits about this change, lets just play with it for a week and see how it feels. Small and Medium Stashes now work and sandbags aren't too hard to find.

All my other addons, dynamic chopper crash sites, random air raids, combat log penalty and AN2 cargo drops have been added back on the server for your pleasure.

Thanks to R4AZ0R49 for letting us use the latest 1.7.7 patch, we love you man! :beans: :beans: :beans: for you :D

Kind regards

Mac

It will be fun, it's like with all the other changes u need to adapt and the game gets better with all this adaptations, then u never get bored playing it :)

• Like 1

Mac, my tuppence if I may regards new patch? Please have the chance of being knocked to the ground by zeds reduced bigstyle! It is bloody awful as it stands. Awful. Will be glad to see back of all that crafting loot, but wish the ammo exploit could be sorted once and for all, eh? How many times has my survivor been blown away by magically restocked ammo? Maybe Titor could pull down some figures?! Finally, have I mentioned how overpowered the zeds are now that they appear to have a 50/50 chance of knocking you down on hitting? Please have it turned down - 10% or less is reasonable. +++Jake S+++

• Like 1

Chance of being knocked down doesn't even seem like 50/50 - it's very nearly 100% from my experience.

It's a nice feature, but definitely needs reducing.

Chance of infection is also very nearly 100%. Infection takes your blood to zero and kills you unless you

eat continuously. Infection rate needs reduced.

There are virtually no antibiotics spawning, so death is imminent a couple of hours after taking a zombie hit.

This needs fixed ASAP.

Apart from the above points, which are fairly game-breaking in this build, I'm quite enjoying the PvE emphasis and tense atmosphere.

If you're a 'survivor' then you'll love where this patch is going.

If you're a PvP player who never leaves the cities and racks-up ten kills per night, then you're probably going to hate this patch.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

I'll pass the feedback on to the man, Beanz to you all for posting. :beans: :beans: :beans:

BTW I've had two days away and it's been lovley :D

Back now in the driving seat... new patch soon...

Mac

Ok,

It's time! Just got the newest 1.7.7 from R4Z0R49 and I'm testing on my local server and updating our main Server for the 11pm GMT restart tonight. So far it all looks great! Vehicles and their damage systems are working just fine.

Please remember that were running our own custom backpack ammo glitch fix, when you log out of the game you loose all backpack ammo and items EXCEPT guns and tools, (you keep your compass, axe, etc).

Check out the changelog in our first post.

Kind regards

Mac

Edited by wireworld

Please remember that were running our own custom backpack ammo glitch fix, when you log out of the game you loose all backpack ammo and items EXCEPT guns and tools, (you keep your compass, axe, etc).

So no food storage in backpacks or medical stuff?

Okay, I'm really interested in playing this but I can't for the life of me find the rar file that's mentioned in the thread.

This build will be released to the general public tomorrow (Monday 10th June). So Wireworld players won't need to download the .rar file anymore; the download from the official forum, or the update through DayZ Commander, will work on the Wireworld server.

JFYI, you have to join the Wireworld teamspeak before you get the link to the .rar file.

And you can't get the teamspeak details until you ask to be whitelisted.

Sent you an email.

Edited by Zecele

Hey new guys, been away today but back now, whitelisting all who have asked. If you want to be whitelisted read the first post.

Kind regards

Mac

PS thanks Anti

• Like 1