Puffy

GETTING. INFECTED.

Getting the infection, yes or no?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Getting infected by a zombie

Seriously, "most realistic zombie game in the world," but you still don't get infected if you're bit by a zombie?

I think that if a zombie hits you until you fall on the ground and start bleeding out, and it starts to take bites out of you, that your character should get infected and turn into a zombie after all of your blood runs out. So only after you are fainted and screaming you start zombification. Your blood drains at the same rate as though you are normally sick, only the blood doesn't stop at 6k, you just keep going until you die and become a zombie (AI controlled, not player controlled). The infection is incurable by antibiotics, although antibiotics should slow the infection so you have more time to get your gear in a safe place or something. Anyone else agree?

EDIT: To clarify, you DO NOT walk around as a zombie. You die and respawn and your body walks around until someone kills it for the loot or it despawns.

Edited by Whiteshadow197
  • Like 1

I didn't read all of it but lets simplify it.

If a Zombie Hits/Bites you; You become infected somewhat and need anti-biotics.

If you die after being Hit/Bitten your dead body with get up after death and become a zombie, but if someone kills the zombie he can still loot the gear/backpack. Also after like every 60 seconds of the Zombie roaming he loses one item from his gear or so, I mean zombies can't hold onto gear but items won't fall out of your backpack of course.

Nice idea but i think:

In nearly every zombiestory there is a small group of ppl who are resistent against the virus. We are playing this small group in DayZ. Or?

Devs!!! Give us a basic story please! Maybe newspapers to read in game, radio messages, tv, graffiti...

• Like 1

I didn't read all of it but lets simplify it.

If a Zombie Hits/Bites you; You become infected somewhat and need anti-biotics.

If you die after being Hit/Bitten your dead body with get up after death and become a zombie, but if someone kills the zombie he can still loot the gear/backpack. Also after like every 60 seconds of the Zombie roaming he loses one item from his gear or so, I mean zombies can't hold onto gear but items won't fall out of your backpack of course.

If a zombie hits you AFTER YOU'RE KNOCKED OUT. Being hit standing up would just make the game too hard, and a real zombie would try to knock you down first if you're running away.

It would make for some sweet-ass roleplay to have to hatchet your best friend... or dog.

Edited by br00mmmm

... or dog.

That made me feels.

Personally, while the concept is intriguing, I don't think this would be a good idea for the game. I can't really say why aside from the fact that it just "doesn't feel right" to me.

The idea of having the possibility of turning into a zombie if you're eaten (and only if you're eaten to death) even if only temporarily does sound like it could provide for some funny stories, but in the end it would mostly prove as an annoyance.

What becomes of you after you become a zombie though? Do you control it, do you die after a certain amount of time? If you were to just wander around aimlessly without control, people would stop playing the game due to boredom. I know i certainly wouldn't stick around if i were unable to control my character who just keep's wandering around, who needs to be killed to play again.

Personally, while the concept is intriguing, I don't think this would be a good idea for the game. I can't really say why aside from the fact that it just "doesn't feel right" to me.

The idea of having the possibility of turning into a zombie if you're eaten (and only if you're eaten to death) even if only temporarily does sound like it could provide for some funny stories, but in the end it would mostly prove as an annoyance.

Well not eaten to death, like if you're knocked out and get munched on a couple of times, then wake up and shoot the zeds but live with the infection until you eventually die out.

What becomes of you after you become a zombie though? Do you control it, do you die after a certain amount of time? If you were to just wander around aimlessly without control, people would stop playing the game due to boredom. I know i certainly wouldn't stick around if i were unable to control my character who just keep's wandering around, who needs to be killed to play again.

No, the zombie is AI controlled. You die, your body lives.

Oh, you're saying that if you die via being munched, it adds +1 to zombie counter and you respawn?

If so, then I'd be perfectly fine with that. Having to go and hunt down your own reanimated corpse (which shouldn't despawn) to get your gear would be a nice twist

Edited by Ipurgepeople
  • Like 1

Yea, you respawn, and your player character walks around as a zombie until someone kills it and gets the loot or it despawns.

Yea, you respawn, and your player character walks around as a zombie until someone kills it and gets the loot or it despawns.

In that case, vote changed from no to yes. You should clarify that in the first post.

EDIT: However, I don't want to see a zombie sniping people. They can't use the weapons for anything other than blunt force. They're not smart enough.

Edited by Ipurgepeople
  • Like 1

In that case, vote changed from no to yes. You should clarify that in the first post.

Edited post.

If a zombie hits you AFTER YOU'RE KNOCKED OUT. Being hit standing up would just make the game too hard, and a real zombie would try to knock you down first if you're running away.

Have some experience, eh? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Have some experience, eh? :rolleyes:

What are they gonna do, start trying to grab and bite if you're sprinting away at full speed? No, they're gonna punch you as you run by.

If I remember correctly, story goes something along the line that all "survivors" are somewhat immune to the virus that infected the population.

Still you can get infected when zed hits you, who knows if the infection is from "the" virus or just cold from the bastard ^^

How do you know that zombies are hostile in RL=real zombie?? They could be carebears as well..

Edited by Zeppa

Also a Zombie would not try to knock you down first, the part of the brain still active when you're a zombie is simply craving blood/lungs/and more preferably brains. By them knocking you down first it's making them have increased intelligence, if they're learning then "one year after the apocalypse zombies picking up guns and shooting us down" isn't far fetched as we do still have the memories and abilities in our brain they're just in a hibernation stage.

Edited by #Sleepy

Absolutely yes. Anything that involves Zeds more in the game gets a thumbs up from me. I really like the idea of your body becoming a Zed after death, well done. Beans.

The problem with this is that these arent Zombies per se. They are infected, as Rocket himself has pointed out many times in interviews. Which means they aren't dead, so the whole 'reanimation' thing is of the table. Though that doens't mean there couldn't be some sort of infection turnin you into one of those things, just it couldn't involve your death.

What I think might be possible is that the current survivors have been immune to the virus so far, but viruses can mutate and become more deadly and agressive. So maybe this Virus went from being ariborn, to being transfered from human to human through the blood of the infected(28 Day Later anyone?). When you get infected you then start to notice some spasms that keep getting worse the more time passes, you get a fever, blurry vision and eventually you pass out. Once you pass out you're basically 'dead' or rather turned. After a few minutes you wake up and no longer have control over your character, at this point all you can do is abort.

My two cents.

• Like 2

The problem with this is that these arent Zombies per se. They are infected, as Rocket himself has pointed out many times in interviews. Which means they aren't dead, so the whole 'reanimation' thing is of the table. Though that doens't mean there couldn't be some sort of infection turnin you into one of those things, just it couldn't involve your death.

What I think might be possible is that the current survivors have been immune to the virus so far, but viruses can mutate and become more deadly and agressive. So maybe this Virus went from being ariborn, to being transfered from human to human through the blood of the infected(28 Day Later anyone?). When you get infected you then start to notice some spasms that keep getting worse the more time passes, you get a fever, blurry vision and eventually you pass out. Once you pass out you're basically 'dead' or rather turned. After a few minutes you wake up and no longer have control over your character, at this point all you can do is abort.

My two cents.

Bringing us back to how interacting with players and being in a group can help you considerably, as they can find you anti-biotics and medicine to fight the infection. I'm liking this idea.

Hmm... so I will respawn as a human, but my corpse will turn into zombie?.. i like that

Edited by Ladas325

you've arrived at cherno or lingor AFTER the infection.

this is a nice idea, but an anditote woulb be nice to.

and if the player is murdered, i think it would be nice if he became an undead, just like shane in the walking dead.

We (the players) are allready infected. Thats why we allways have brain melting temparature (42C°) and we have infinite Stamina and we of course have a way higher methabolismn, thats why we have to eat and drink so often ingame.

There is no point in this whole thread after all.