GBTP

I'm sick of KoS bandits and cowards

No, I got that, I think I am better than people because I don't KoS. Which coincidentally DOES make me morally better. I know how to 'survive this harsh environment' and have, with several of my lives. the evidence of such is my continued willingness to play despite my frustrations. But you can't tell me that you have never been killed, lost good equipment, and gotten frustrated once? I was just venting that frustration, but I also jumped right back in and started trekking back into Chernarus excited to see what great new peice of gear I would find.

You are correct I cannot say that. But i never felt the need to come here to "vent." I just learn from it. As for the morality bit lets agree to disagree. I am a big fan of "morality" tests in games, but i fail to see these actually depicting the person in the real world.

Now the cheaters that's different!

Wife is up, kids are running amuck, i worked all night, time for bed! May this current life be blessed with plenty of beans!

• Like 1

Well, unnecessary killing of unthreatening players is not my cup of tea either, but I'm willing to accept that in a lawless post-apocalyptic world douchebags and gangs of murderers will run rampant. I don't like it, but I feel I just need to adapt to it accordingly. During this "life" I have been spawning on the coast probably ten times with or without my gear due to bugs by the way, never once ran around there long enough to get shot at.

My last 3 deaths were because I trusted people. 3 in a row. After the second one I vowed never to trust anyone again. Killed a survivor, then a bandit and ended up with lots of gear. Then I trusted this guy who had no gear. Let him pick up a gun. Then I turn my back and... dead.

The bandit skin is pretty useless. Seems like most people are wannabe bandits who just can't get the kills. I keep swinging between KoS and trusting new spawns / talkers.

I hate to say it, but after playing for a couple of months and battling with this, I think I'll just have to KoS no matter what, even if they have no gear. Looks like I'm now a bandit.

Dude, it doesn't have to be.

If everyone would be cooperating then the game would get boring as fuck.

And stop blaming people for doing what the game supports. If killing people wouldn't be beneficial or at least equally beneficial to not killing, THEN you could be pissed off about their choice.

Edited by SillySil

The problem is that mercy is taken as weakness in the DayZ apocalyptic world. The moment you pass over a newbie, letting them go ahead and loot around, is the moment you sign the liability waver that this guy will most likely drive an axe into your back. More often than not people run away the moment something pops up in direct chat. Heck, I said friendly once and the guy ran for the hills like I was holding a 50 cal machinegun to his back. I'll admit I've been a killer, as well as a helper, and helping has no reward in the human eye compared to an extra can of beans.

It all boils down to fight or flight, in which the nicest players then become the most obscure tree-men of the forest, simply because the civilization of DayZ has become an angry pack of teenage-tryhards trying to be the Internet lone-wolf.

The sad thing it works too in Dayz...

• Like 1

Are you laughing because you don't understand the 'big word' or because you just don't understand the concept? Killing everyone you see, regardless of what you use to do it, isn't killing for survival, it's killing to kill. Killing is not a requisite to survive.

Don't try and speak down to people, it doesn't become you. Especially since you appear unable to comprehend simple English.

I wasn't saying killing people using a gun, I was saying killing people who have a gun. Killing people who you see, who have a gun, who have seen or may be about to see you, is killing to survive. Due to the fact that most folk who see you, will shoot at you. That or call friendly, and then shoot at you. At the moment killing most certainly is requisite to survive, if it wasn't you wouldn't be making this thread. It is naive to believe otherwise at the moment.

I was laughing because you think that is a quality that matters (in DayZ) to anyone but the people you're playing with.

FFA DM is what you get if you don't put any donwsides to killing people.

Right now the game mechanics are very similar to quake, just the map is bigger and there is no scoretable. There's a lot of people following the mechanics and there are people who are trying to make the game more than it actually is, swimming against the tide.

^^^this^^^ guy gets it..

currently its not the game thats borken its the community as a whole overall..

somehow this game went from being a zombie survival game to a FFA KoS quake set to a huge ass map.. which is a shame..

but i'll still play my way of avoiding players and surviving in the game world, you know like the designers intended..

cbb reading through this thread

dont go to electro / cherno on medium or bigger servers?!?!

if you go to where there are obviously snipers; youre going to get sniped. whats even funnier is that you let them snipe you. if you actually knew where they can shoot and never stand still in those areas, dying from the snipers almost never happens.

Don't try and speak down to people, it doesn't become you. Especially since you appear unable to comprehend simple English.

I wasn't saying killing people using a gun, I was saying killing people who have a gun. Killing people who you see, who have a gun, who have seen or may be about to see you, is killing to survive. Due to the fact that most folk who see you, will shoot at you. That or call friendly, and then shoot at you. At the moment killing most certainly is requisite to survive, if it wasn't you wouldn't be making this thread. It is naive to believe otherwise at the moment.

I was laughing because you think that is a quality that matters (in DayZ) to anyone but the people you're playing with.

I only talk down to people that are below me. You need a better understanding of context. You can't assume people will immediately understand what you are saying when you type something that can be interpreted multiple ways. You are culpable.

And no, it is not naive to believe otherwise. Idealistic maybe, but you don't HAVE to kill to survive. It is a choice.

I think it IS a quality that matters to other people, because it is a quality that matters to me. Whether other players feel that integrity is important or not, I feel that it is. I don't consider it a weakness.

I'm very sorry that you don't like DayZ.

Here is something that you may enjoy more: http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

I never said I didn't like DayZ, I'm not sure why people can't seem to grasp that. So to spare everyone the seemingly impossible task of reading between the lines: I really enjoy DayZ, I have fun playing it despite KoS mentalities, Bandits and numerous bugs/glitches. It is an incredibly fun mod of what I imagine is a really worthwhile game. I apologize if my venting a frustration is being misinterpreted as not liking the mod.

There, so you guys don't hurt yourself using 'intellect' to read more than is just in front of your face.

I for one will not shoot on site. I also haven't been in situations where I have faced too many other players. 2 times I saw some crawling around the side of a barn I was in. I just booked it out of there.

The only time I was killed was in the middle of The Black Forest. I believe it was a hacker who teleported in as out of nowhere everyone on the server started dying and I did not exit quick enough. If not a hacker, it was a coward who shot me in the back.

I only use Steam as a lines of communicating over mic using DayZ Commander with Steam overlay. You can add me on there(see my sig) or PM me if you ever want to team up.

IF you play on high pop servers and enter high PvP areas be on your guard, move around in a smarter manner and be ready to kill unfortunately.

Op has a point IMHO. There are MUCH better PvP mods for arma, if that's ones thing. I too am sick of utterly pointless murdering for no supplies or weapon. Beans you say? bullshit. Beans can be found in massive amounts asw ell other food.

I for one hope all this will be adjusted else I'll stick to low pop servers or play ''true'' PvP mods. Another thing is, you can meet way too many ppl in the post apocaliptic settings and that kind of brakes immersion for me, as I'd expect too meet (armed) human once in a good while but not every 5 minutes.

• Like 2

were all trained russian pilots in a russian occupied militarized area

we were made to be killing machines

this is what you do. every time you get killed because you weren't careful enough- whether it be from running in a straight line, not using cover, trying to talk to chars with bandit skins- whatever the case may be, unzip your pants and snap the head of your pecker with a rubber band. Not like any rubberband, but like one of those medium-thick rubberbands.

after a few of those, mistakes will be a thing of the past...

• Like 1

I only talk down to people that are below me. You need a better understanding of context. You can't assume people will immediately understand what you are saying when you type something that can be interpreted multiple ways. You are culpable.

And no, it is not naive to believe otherwise. Idealistic maybe, but you don't HAVE to kill to survive. It is a choice.

I think it IS a quality that matters to other people, because it is a quality that matters to me. Whether other players feel that integrity is important or not, I feel that it is. I don't consider it a weakness.

Rich from a person with a lack of comprehension. You need a better understanding of grammar.

At the moment it is very naive to assume you won't be shot. The very fact you've made this thread is proof that it is kill or be killed currently.

Rich from a person with a lack of comprehension. You need a better understanding of grammar.

At the moment it is very naive to assume you won't be shot. The very fact you've made this thread is proof that it is kill or be killed currently.

it will always be this way

as long as theres the chance that one of the 10 people you meet will shoot you, you will take precautions against everybody.

never know which of the 10 will shoot you, so if you want to keep your stuff: no risks.

The problem is surviving just to survive gets boring. I have done the hero/survivor role and have recently moved to lingor banditry (made the decision to keep playing chernarus as a semi friendly player with hero skin) because I was bored. I don't snipe and I definitely don't hunt new spawns but I will shoot you on sight in lingor and then use your tears in side chat as my fuel to keep going.

Stop walking g around the coast as a new spawn, learn the lesson and adapt or just don't be surprised. I will run into cherno as a new spawn (but avoid sniper hill) and of I die I could care less because I expect it and have nothing to lose.

• Like 1

Trick is find fresh spawned players to group up with. Even if they are the KoS type they will probably enjoy the extra bullet bag scavenging with them for a little while.

KoS is the only way to play this game since killed unarmed players isn't punished, it's you or the other player, I try to avoid players with no gear but when I see anyone with a gun I shoot for the loot, that's the way it is and that's how the game was made.

My advice, gear up in a low pop server, try to find NVG, loot more, go and kill ppl for fun and more loot.

Rule #1 No one is friendly

Rule #2 Everyone is KoS aka Fuck you PvP

Rule #3 Don't ever get used to having gear

Rule #4 Start @ Rule #1 again.

No you are wrong.

There are plenty of friendly people out there, but you are more likely to survive in a group.

OP, dont listen to these morons, it wont always be this way.

We work with the coalition and other friendly groups to help restore order. Many of our missions have managed to force everyone out of a server when 10-12 of our guys roll into and secure cities, or ge rid of most of the bandits on a server allowing us to help those in need.

OP, if your interested we would like to have you in our clan [Regulators]. We help those willing to accept it and hunt down those that just sit for hours waiting for one noob to come along so they can snipe them.

Our videos and forums will tell you everything you need to know, we are not KOS (except against known threats and snipers camping) and will usually call out to people as friendly. Because we usually move in groups we can handle most situations. A lot of players out there dont shoot on sight when they bump into a group of 4-5 people that have them surrounded and usually accept help or just ask to be left alone.

All the links you will need are in my signature :)

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 3

You should check out Trusted Medics of the Wasteland, dozens of players dedicated to nothing else but providing assistance, medical attention, and advice to players.

This could be way more interessting than a pure Deathmatch arena, but in the current state creativity is often killed by greed and k/d-whoring ^^

If you guys wanna play reasonable(no meaningless kos), I am not talking about pascifism, try to stick to it, but if you start doing the same shit than the others, you are not better :)

"If everyone KoS I do it too because I am so greedy about my gear." Is an argument, but a rather weak one in my eyes. I really had the hope that this could be a survival game, where a playerkill is a decision to take, not some Quake-Arena on a big map. Sadly the mods best side is also its worst: Players make this game and this is where they brought us.

• Like 1

Sadly KoS is quite a large part of encounters, but it doesn't mean you have to do it, I never have and never will, but ultimatly that will end up getting me killed.

I'd rather let someone go on with what they where doing that insta-kill them just because I am too scared to lose my stuff, if you get killed because of it then that sucks, but at least that way only one of you that KoS, which is a shite-site better than both of you going KoS.