amaROenuZ

Learn to love death, not fear it.

We've all been there. Were on top of our game. We have a hyper-rare weapon. We're fully kitted. We've got enough food, ammo and medical equipment to supply a small army. Then as you're minding your own business, that bush starts shooting at you and you see the hourglass of death. It's frustrating, it's unpleasant, and there was almost nothing you could do to stop it.

Rejoice.

The monotony is over. You don't have to hang onto that gun or watch your every move anymore. You can walk into towns and loot without it feeling like a waste of time. You can use that Winchester, or Lee Enfield that you just love. but can never justify carrying over your battle rifle. You don't have to skulk around your comfort zone. Wander the map. Be free. Because DayZ isn't a game where living is fun. It's a game where losing is fun.

• Like 5

It's a game where losing is fun.

After you calm down from wrecking your keyboard.

Edited by Forceflare

Getting killed is a relief sometimes. Other times it makes me want to smash my face into my desk.

• Like 4

sometimes, you feel the stress of having an old geared to the impossible character leaving you, and you can happily run in barns and then in cherno, happy when you find a map or a hunting knife|

The only thing I dislike about being killed, is some bandit got the better of me.

Don't care about losing my stuff, but getting outsmarted/outplayed always hurts.

The best thing about dying and not heading straight for the camp full of goodies, is that a Czech backpack or a doublebarrel shotgun feels like treasures. If I'd get on wish granted for the standalone, I'd love to see alot more variation for low tier items and high tier gear much much more scarce.

• Like 1

When I'm about to die, I start to feel that the journey is over, that I have gone far enough, so I don't alt-f4 everyone a sniper rifle misses me, I attempt to fight back, to make sure if it wasn't really wasn't my journey ending, it was theirs.

Edited by Beanus

Agreed, it's the fact that someone get's the better of me that I hate the most. I actually enjoy running round as a noob.

• Like 1

The only thing I dislike about being killed, is some bandit got the better of me.

Don't care about losing my stuff, but getting outsmarted/outplayed always hurts.

Same thing with me! I hate losing because someone out smarted me. That is the competition i like in this game and why it has more depth to the pvp then other fps shooters. You have the whole environment to take into account when hunting someone.

Being a fresh spawn has a certain freedom to it and the having the "newbie" player experiences is on of the best feelings to the game like finding that first weapon, fighting it out for your gear, and using your favorite low tier weapon.

I look at death as a statistic.

What did I do wrong?

What can I do to possibly prevent it?

Should I have actually ran or fought?

It also starts me out fresh, and I don't have to be paranoid about everything I do, and I like that.

We've all been there. Were on top of our game. We have a hyper-rare weapon. We're fully kitted. We've got enough food, ammo and medical equipment to supply a small army. Then as you're minding your own business, that bush starts shooting at you and you see the hourglass of death. It's frustrating, it's unpleasant, and there was almost nothing you could do to stop it.

Rejoice.

The monotony is over. You don't have to hang onto that gun or watch your every move anymore. You can walk into towns and loot without it feeling like a waste of time. You can use that Winchester, or Lee Enfield that you just love. but can never justify carrying over your battle rifle. You don't have to skulk around your comfort zone. Wander the map. Be free. Because DayZ isn't a game where living is fun. It's a game where losing is fun.

I agree but the pvp needs work.

I have to agree with you. BUT it depends on the death (yes i mean to a script kiddie but i am not here to bitch). I LOVE the rush of an amazing firefight wether i live OR die. that is what this game is about! These are the emotions that rocket wants players to have but WAY to often are ignored or ruined by 1 thing or another.

the only time i get flustered by death now, is when its due to a bug..

like the broken bones from clipping objects.. that one really steams my clock.

GRRRR !!!!!

getting killed and spawning on the far west side of the map is never fun.

West side is better than east. It's covered with deer stands, Zelenogorsk is normally pretty safe, and it's a straight shot to either the airfield or cherno, whichever you prefer for high stakes action.

Edited by amaROenuZ