rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

If the majority’s in favor of spawning with no gun then I want everyone to spawn with absolutely nothing to potentially balance the urge to farm the coast.

YES

But with far less valuable spawn kits. Make the Makarov gun and 2 spare clips spawn more often/have its own loot pile.

If the majority’s in favor of spawning with no gun then I want everyone to spawn with absolutely nothing to potentially balance the urge to farm the coast.

spawn with a can of food, a can of pop, one bandage and aspirin

these are commonly found items around the house

I feel the need to pipe in with another 20 or so words:

Let's make ammo much scarcer as well, so that firing one's weapon becomes a potentially very expensive action, and a decision to be made carefully each time. To limit the amount that freshly spawned players are preyed upon, they should start with no food, too.

YES

i think is a great idea, ramps up the tension straight away. i think a melee mechanic needs to looked at to though, finding a hatchett early on and killing a few Gs with it while your looking for a gun...

do it rocket do it

YES

We are going to have a chance to hide from infected in 1.7.1. Let's get rid of that russian stapler and make it lootaple item (with less ammo too). It's a player choice to run inland or stay and search coastal towns.

(sorry, more than 20 words)

VERY interesting point... but do you actually think this would happen? Interested to hear other thoughts on this.

No it's a pipe dream. What good does a tag along with no weapon give me? What happens when he GETS a gun? You'd shoot him for the same reason you shoot some one now. (whether it's banditry, protecting your loot, or taking his)

NO

Too many bandit spawn campers are around as it is..this will only make it worse. (maybe less ammo though)

On a second tought:

Yes

It would encourage groups of survivors to stick together with the guy that has a gun at least while looking for more weapons, and thus making "friends" to play during the start, unless the guy with the gun is a faggot like 90% of the current user base and kills every survivor with no gun for fun, or because he is a greedy fuck.

Yes and no.

I'm on the fence. Try it out. Lets see how it goes.

I came in here to say fuck off this sucks. But playing it through in my head I'd like to actually test it out first before making a decision. Hehe.

20 words or less HAHAHA! You're a funny guy' date=' you.

(I won't be doing shit though if lighting stays the way it is *jab jab* :P)

[/quote']

This pretty much sum's up my thoughts too. It's a curious idea.

Well the bandit skin removal was on the basis of "oh we'll try it out and if it sucks, we'll revert it". It didn't work and it wasn't reverted.

However, this is actually a fun suggestion so I wouldn't mind it staying in.

No.

Removing the Mak is only gonna make fresh spawns even easier to kill, and having no gun won't make people trust you more. It could be in your pack, out of their view, and even if it isn't, you'll eventually find one and become a possible threat. It won't work.

YES, BUT give a players FIRST character Makarov and 5 mags. One less mag/respawn, down to no mags, no gun.

+new players gets gun/defense

+old players don't

+easy GUID fix?

+Learn to not rely on gun

+Learn to value every characters life since next character will have less ammo

:idea:

Yes

This might actually promote stealthy gameplay for beginners. Sure, new spawns will be easier targets for zombies and geared bandits. Then again, what do you have to lose when you have just spawned anyway? Learn from your mistakes and try again.

It is an alpha. I think this is a change worth testing.

Way over 20 words, but that is quite a restrictive limit you got there.

(Tentatively) YES

Its an alpha, this is the time to try out these ideas. If it genuinely turns out to be shit, you can always roll back.

This community is a pack of masochists anyway; social experiment and all that crap. :P

@Trust-thing: I definitely would not shoot an unarmed person, I might even give them supplies that I dont need. Currently I just stay the hell away from people I don't know.

What word limit?

NO.

Give people a starter gun. They would just be pray to the COD kids already running rampent in this game.. Also this game has WAY to much ammo in it..

Thinker.

Sorry for more then 20 words...

It would works if only adults were playing, but unfortunately it's not like this and the griefers kids will ruin a possible good idea: I already see ppl camping over the beach killing just spawned players, it's already happening now, but without a weapon it will be tons worse coz the griefer doesn't pay even a minimum risk.

I think a respawn (mid-long) timeout works better.

PRO:

- You cannot recover your loot: it's not supposed you recover all your loot, it's just too easy for an organized team to do so. In fact when i played in team i wasn't "scared" at all, since i known that if i were dying i had the possibility to recover everything within minutes, because all my friends were protecting my gear!

- You don't do much stupid things: because if you die you cannot start to do the same stupid things again.. and over and over again. You'll be annoyed to have to wait a "long" time before playing again. This will give much more importance to your "life". The timeout may be even "proportional". So if you die a single time in a day, you won't be penalized much (ie: a newbie won't be frustrated to have to wait), but if you die continuosly it means that you're a potential dickhead (lol) so you deserved to wait.

CONS:

- It's not really gaming friendly. I work in the game industry, if i propose something like this to my co-workers they'll think i'm going nuts. It would potentially send away many casual players. Whenever it is a good thing for "us" (hardcore gamers) it's not a good thing under a business point of view (obviously). But this is a decision that only the game owner/developer can keep (money-wise).

EDIT: Holy shtit.. i think i've missed the 20 words thing!

YES

but:

- shooters in debug zone "instacoat" then stay that way on re-spawn for 24hours

- add more goals for team players

YES

Absolutely YES.

But shaking Z's of your tail should be possible.

killing fresh players by heavily armed bandits wont be problem because good weapons will be further north, and gunshots should attract far more z's now to balance it out.

YES

Currently its so easy to find guns, and at later stages i have so much ammo its coming out of my ears, if this doesnt go through atleast make the ammo harder to find.