TheMedic

DayZ Other Maps?

New Maps for Dayz?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. New Maps for Dayz?

• Yes
    • No
    • Waiting for standalone

Anyone have an idea whether or not a DayZ private hive could be modified to work on other maps, such as custom ones from Armaholic? Seeing DayZ playable on Chernarus, Utes, Takistan, and Lingor has piqued my curiosity on what DayZ would be like on other maps available. I recommend going to armaholic.com to get an idea of the maps I refere to.

Edited by Medic (not bandit)

The Takistan and Lingor is way too easy to gear up fast upon spawn. I dislike them for this mod.

Agreed, for me those maps don't suit the game very well and the balancing is way off. That's the problem you get when admins get too much control. Each one thinks they can twaek the game for a better experience, 99% of the time they are wrong. In the future it will get opened up to user created maps so we'll have to see.

Edited by Fraggle

In the future it will get opened up to user created maps so we'll have to see.

It just hit me: It's pretty certain (confirmed?) that DayZ standalone will be based on the same engine as ArmA II.

I wonder if it will be compatible with maps created for ArmAII? The map variation would be pretty much unlimited from start if this was the case.

I understand limiting moddability in order to stop scripters, but it should be possible to allow custom maps without allowing god mode and teleports...

I agree that some maps aren't suited for DayZ, but having options is nice.

It's actually a new engine. 2.5 will be taking the best parts it need's from this engine, "TOH" engine and Arma 3's engine so it's all good news. Porting over maps is apparently pretty straight forward.

I haven't seen all of the standard map of Dayz. Give me a break, it's just too big for walking :-)

True, but it wouldn't be so boring if that Chernarus-sized map had fully enterable buildings or near fully enterable buildings IMO. I've seen a couple on Armaholic.com that I think could play out very well for DayZ, but again that's just me.

• Like 1

You mean like "Chernarus Plus" that's being developed as we speak?

I'm still waiting for someone to make a DayZ map out of Fallujah... :D

Nothing but a big city, buildings everywhere. Zombie urban combat? Yes please.

Unfortunately AI can't enter buildings on Fallujah so it would be a pretty boring game... Or a huge job converting the map...

Nice to hear map porting is expected to be simple, although if there's time for the development team to design some new maps, with DayZ as the primary focus. I believe we would get some really nice maps. Too bad maps take years to create...

Edited by DuggeDank

Unfortunately AI can't enter buildings on Fallujah ...

is this a problem on the Takistan servers? I haven't put much time in on them yet.

is this a problem on the Takistan servers? I haven't put much time in on them yet.

It shouldnt be. Takistan is an official map and includes buildings with full AI pathways. Fallujah removed all the building pathways in order to reduce the load on the server (so many buildings that the AI routines were overpowering as soon as you added a good amount of AI groups)