andrewmont

Green Mountain's cursed? Devils castle is home to the devil?

I've heard a lot about the 'legends' avout Devils Castle, Green Mountain and Mt. Dew but I've been to these places and had mountain dew and never met with any bad luck. Devils castle can be home to clans I know that though I've never met any there and apart from the lack of loot that green mountain has to offer I don't see what's so bad about it. My luck in these places so far hasn't been bad.

What's your personal experience(story)/opinion of these things?

Are there any others apart from these legends that you've heard of or experienced?

I think the fact that the Day Z community has actually created a lore for certain items and places in the game is pretty damn amazing and shows a lot about the game and actually makes it a little more interesting :L for those brave souls that would look to investigate them.

• Like 4

you are right..it gives something to do in an interesting way..

i got killed by player once at green mountain..that's all!

As much as I know it's just lore. It still terrifies me and I seem to be more alert in those areas. I still have yet to touch Mountain Dew because of fear.

Edited by PygmyJess
  • Like 4

If you have an AS50, the antenna on Green Mountain is a great spot to snipe tbh. Not too many people there and if there are people they're in the towns up ahead.

And in all of my days sniping from there, I've only twice encountered something that scared the hell out of me.

Edited by Kimberlah

Mountain Dew and Green Mountain are merely items of communication. Having a can of mountain dew directly connects you to the Mountain Dew gods. Only those found worthy by them are deemed worthy of life.

Green Mountain is just an area more effected by their realm.

If you drink mountain dew here and kill a player here in their honor, they give you new power.

There are legends that if you make a hero drink a mountain dew at the top of the antenna at 12am sharp, then immediately slaughter him, the mountain dew gods will turn you into something more powerful...

That is, if you are one of their worthy reapers of innocent blood.

Edited by Hydra
  • Like 6

We do NOT talk about the Green Mountain. You do NOT want to go there. Believe me. I was there once....cannot talk about it. These haunting ghosts - terror in the night.....leave me alone, please, leave me alone!!!

• Like 2

Green Mountain? I remember going past it, I heard mad gunshots... It was kinda eery to see the radio tower from a distance.

Both have their stories and lore along with Mountain Dew and what not. Most of it isn't true but as always there's a grin of truth in the myths. Devils Castle is usually a group or clan meet up so not somewhere to hang around and Green Mountain has two low value loot points but spawns a million bloody zombies. Best to avoid both really.

It would be cool if the stand alone built a little on the lore. Making Green Mountain haunted would be lame but making it into a numbers station wouldn't. Transmitting the same creepy automated message over and over would add a lot of atmosphere. Rocket has said he want the player to hunt for the back story and using Green Mountain is a no brainer.

Edited by PoisonedAl
  • Like 3

We don't go to Green Mountain.

Never. Never. Never. Never. Never.

Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never again. Never agai-

I heard that if you light a campfire on Windy Mountain and eat 2 cans of baked beans something happens...

• Like 1

As far as the Mountain Dew goes, me and my group never payed much attention to it. Thought it was just silly lore. Until we picked one up..

Now, I don't necessarily believe in the legend, but every single time we encounter a mountain dew, the individual who finds it dies. If they keep it on them and stay with the group, they along with other members, die. Every. Single. Time.

We now force those who admit to having a mountain dew to drink it, or leave. =|

Hey! I found a Mt. Dew, four weeks later I died! Let's automatically blame the drink immediately!

Seriously, unfortunate things happen all the time, I don't know why people connect them to a can of soda.

It would be cool if the stand alone built a little on the lore. Making Green Mountain haunted would be lame but making it into a numbers station wouldn't. Transmitting the same creepy automated message over and over would add a lot of atmosphere.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

By the way, for those who are not fluent in Morse code, this is what they are saying:

We are no longer alive STOP This message will play every hour if operators are no longer responsive STOPMESSAGE Unable to quarantine subject change STOPMESSAGE *roar...zombie?*

Edited by burtondrummerNY

My character got herpes on green mountain, so yea don't want to talk about it.

I have been playing and have only been there twice and nothing interesting happened either time. Sadly no mountains dew ever, starting to think it is some elaborate inside joke.

Went up to Green Mountain a few days ago with my sister. It was kinda freaky how many zombies spawn there at a time, but the view from the radio tower is pretty nice. It would be cool to be able to go inside those buildings, though.

As far as the Mountain Dew goes, me and my group never payed much attention to it. Thought it was just silly lore. Until we picked one up..

Now, I don't necessarily believe in the legend, but every single time we encounter a mountain dew, the individual who finds it dies. If they keep it on them and stay with the group, they along with other members, die. Every. Single. Time.

We now force those who admit to having a mountain dew to drink it, or leave. =|

None in your group are worthy to carry a can, then.

Hey! I found a Mt. Dew, four weeks later I died! Let's automatically blame the drink immediately!

Seriously, unfortunate things happen all the time, I don't know why people connect them to a can of soda.

hey let's take a running joke seriously

ALL OF YOU ARE A JOKE!!!! and i mean that seriously!!! I was at green mountain hundreds of times before last night. It was about 11-12 early morning and the server was pitch black also but i had NVGs so i was good. I was at the big white tower on green mountain by the pile of dead corpses when all of a sudden i hear "We are the voices of....." followed by a meaner, sterner voice saying "We will not be forgotten" I had just arrived and was only there for about 30 secs and quikly scrolled the mouse wheel and got the hell out of there as quikly as i had gotten there (DONT ASK). Anyway im not making a joke, and i know that no one was hiding in the bush like another guy said above. I know 110% positive that it was not direct chat in game (DONT ASK) I just know for a fact that i was alone and when i turned fast from left to right i could just barely make out foggy images. I was covered in goosebumps and pure out freaked out!!! I wasnt going to post on this thread because of the lack of seriousness and am trying to find someone else who has heard the voices before. I did not have mtn dew and did not have a radio. I do not care about the morse code, never heard it but not freaked out about a recorded beeping message. And i do not care if you believe me or dont take me serious. I know what i heard and possibly saw!!! i will not be going back EVER EVER EVER!!!

After a long journey I was almost to Green Mountain(just a few hundred yards away) when I got teleported back to the coast. I said forget it.

Green Mountain? I remember my trip to Green Mountain...

It was early in the morning, foggy. The low light conditions made it easier to sidle passed the hordes, but the mist did weird things to sound. The mutters and moans of the nearby zeds sounded strangely muffled; though I could see their ghostly silhouettes through the fog they sounded half a mile away, so I had to take it slow. And there were other noises below the usual ambiance, metallic clatterings and footfalls that had to be nearby, though no source could I determine. Ignoring these oddities I winded my way up toward the radio tower, cradling my Lee Enfield at the ready but not daring to ring the dinner bell amidst all that mist. At last I reached the radio tower and took a moment to stare up at the colossal structure, vanishing into the fog above me. I'd mostly come just to check the place out, but now that I was there figured it couldn't hurt to check the loot spawns, so I did a quick circuit of the two loot piles. There was nothing at the first but a pile of scrap, too cumbersome to bother with... But at the second, buried amongst the usual pile of trash was a single can of Mountain Dew. I must admit a chill went down my spine but I reminded myself that the rumor was only that; a rumor, and stuffed the can into pack. As I did and turned to go I heard a sound reverberating through the fog, a sound like tin cans shifting, back the way I came. At that moment I felt like an adrenaline shot went through me and I turned and began to run, staggering through the mist. As I reached the treeline I heard the most deafening sound I could have ever imagined, almost as right behind me. And suddenly I was on the ground, bleeding profusely. I heard a second report and the ground exploded next to my head and as I gazed into the mist I saw a flash from on high. A sniper on the tower, though he might as well have been a world away for all I could do in that cursed fog. But as I lay there waiting for him to mark me I happened to glance at my readout and was surprised to see my thirst had reached critical levels, despite it being green only moments before. With a shrug I figured 'what the hell' and cracked the green can of soda, downing it all so that I at least wouldn't die thirsty. And as I tossed the can away I heard it bounce, right next to my head, crisp and clear as anything. For a moment the fog parted. For a moment I caught a clear glimpse of the tower, and the silhouette on top. Raising my Lee Enfield I fired once and saw it crumple to the ground. I fired again. And again, until the fog rolled in again and my rifle was empty. Then I died.

Sometimes I lay awake at night, wondering. Was it the curse of the Mountain Dew that drew the sniper down on me? Or was it in fact an agent of my vengeance, clearing the fog long enough so I might die at peace? I still don't know to this day. But even now when I play, whether rolling through Elektro with an AK-74 or trying to get my hands on a fire axe after a respawn I still keep every can of Mountain Dew I come across, no matter what I have to drop to hold on to it. And I only drink it when absolutely necessary.

Edited by Tsuchinoko
  • Like 3

I always find Mountain Dew and its completly lucky to me.

We don't go to Green Mountain. Not Anymore. Ever since we saw the 'Thing'...

• Like 1

Green Mountain : way too many zombie spawns on a very small space. Minimal / no loot. Most people only go there once because it's not worth it. It's quite hard to get in completely unnoticed (took me about 20') and I got absolutely nothing for my trouble.

Devil's castle is supposedly a bandit area but that's bs. No good loot, not a high traffic area (for ambushes etc) + zombie spawns = bad place for a hideout.

Both of these locations have too much hype on forums/wiki pages, in reality they're crap, if you want to go there you might consider watching your ceiling for 30 minutes, it might prove to be more fun.

its odd reading these posts as i used to set up defense missions in arma 2 editor at green mountain i would get a squad of of marines vs a large number of insurgents and man those insurgents never cracked our defense was always more fun when we had a ton of players assaulting the outpost was always another story