Hank_scorpio

Standalone Yay or nay

Has any date for a standalone been confirmed and will you buy it and play it as much as you've played dayZ , or is everyone getting bored with our beloved zombie survival game ?

Standalone by the end of the year i think (very much hope) and as for getting bored, hell no.

• Like 3

I also hear EOY - I am so syc'd I started playing when the single was available and then Puff - All gone, I tried some of the You Tube Vids on setting it up and they failed which was fine, I am having a blast as is so I can wait,

Edited by Wabid Wabit

Sometime November/December.

And I'll definitely be buying it and playing it a lot.

• Like 1

I believe something (alpha probably) will be released in the upcoming month or so, and it's going to be bloody brilliant. I can't wait to see the new zombies with their life spans and new building interiors in Chernarus+! Definitely buying during alpha I am :)

If standalone really curbs hacking, duping and combat disconnecting / ghosting, then I am all for it and will gladly fork out 25 EUR for the Alpha stage it will be sold in.

• Like 1

Has any date for a standalone been confirmed and will you buy it and play it as much as you've played dayZ , or is everyone getting bored with our beloved zombie survival game ?

What an insipid post and title. We don't know, it's been announced, everything else is speculation. Yay or nay what?

Will I buy a car that isn't even out yet? Maybe yay, maybe nay, maybe I'll bang my head against a wall for a bit.

What an insipid post and title. We don't know, it's been announced, everything else is speculation. Yay or nay what?

Will I buy a car that isn't even out yet? Maybe yay, maybe nay, maybe I'll bang my head against a wall for a bit.

Yeah go bang you're head

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to Zombies that don't suddenly slow down once they get indoors. That should make the game much more intense.

Edited by Cherno Journo
  • Like 1

Getting boring? Hell to the fuck no. I will be having much more fun in standalone than now, since it will polish the features, add more enterable buildings, comes with the new engine and and smoother controls.. I could go on for ages. And if there's one thing that will make me play even more is better servers and shorter loading times.

• Like 1

I'm not getting bored at all, love the game even with all it's flaws. The stand alone will only improve on everything and I will definitely be buying it. Gaming had gotten really stale for me there wasn't any game I had got excited about in a good long time until Day Z came about and all of a sudden I remembered why games could be so amazing.

• Like 1

IDK, YES, NO (all in order of questions asked)

• Like 2

i am looking forward to it but also fearing for it as dayz is being killed off more and more every day by cheaters.

my friends have had three servers and all have become so annoyed with how many cheat they just shut them down and they were very busy aswell

another one went live today and within a hr hacked again.

hope there is better protection or anticheat than current as the whole game is in jeapody if it isnt.

hope there is better protection or anticheat than current as the whole game is in jeapody if it isnt.

I think that the cheat protection will be better, but PC gamers always find a way...lol

There is always hacking in any pc game. I have only been playing for about 2 weeks and I have yet to see a hacker. Knock on wood and cross my fingers. I dont think I will ever get bored of DayZ. The only thing I am really hoping for in the standalone is the abillity to clear out an area and establish a better base. Seems like now the tents are very unreliable as well as the cars.

I say yay. even if I sat down and played the standalone for just a day, I would consider the money well-spent, as very few games, if any, have been able to affect me on an emotional level while questioning my morality.

oh, lol I think I got all teary-eyed playing Ico once...

Absolutely. I've taken a bit of a break and only play here and there with a few friends(actually going to go in for a few hours when I'm done snooping around in here). The moment the standalone is available to purchase, I'll be grabbing a few copies.

Thank you all for you're feed back great to hear so many of you are still passionate about one of the best games or alpha mods ever made !

It really is going to be a great great game when it finally does arrive I myself can't wait even tho I'm gonna have to as I'm away from my pc for 8 weeks !!! Eeek!! Damn you work you evil bastard at least I'll have the money to buy it the second it comes out I guess .

See you all in the apocalypse guys if ya ever spot Hank_Scorpio hit direct and have a chat im always up for a laugh or just a few campfire stories about "that mountain" !

Later peeps all the best

Hank

• Like 1