Per Ole

FN FAL or AKM?

Thoughts? Had to choose one, so I took the FAL simply because I haven't used it before, but what are the pros and cons of each rifle compared to eachother?

fal is loud as hell, but does much more damage.

Edited by Dankine

fal is loud as hell, but does much more damage.

Really? Thought both did 8000

I find the AKM one of the best assault rifle by far, nice damage and a very, VERY good ammunition supply in military areas.

Hello there

AKM for me, as I solo, and ammo is plentiful. Plus one doesn't look as interesting to robbers.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

The AKM does 4500 blood per bullet, but has less kick and is quieter than the FN FAL. The FN FAL does a kick ass 8000 blood per bullet (yes that's a two bullet kill). But on the downside the FN FAL has a decent amount of kick and is significantly louder than the AKM. I would personally go with the FN FAL because of its power. But if I had a choice I would always take a M14 AIM because it too does 8000 blood but it has a CCO sight, and has less kick.

• Like 1

I only use the dinner bell if I feel like killing a bunch of Zed's from the safety of a building.

Edited by smasht_AU

For zombies or players? AKM for zombies and PVP, FN FAL for purely players.

The FAL is one of the coolest sounding guns though, it's terrifying!

Some guy started popping a few shots off at me the other day with one and I was shitting myself, 1 hit would've taken away 8000 blood.

I ended up killing him with my M4A3 but damn, if he'd have landed a shot, I would've been screwed since I was alone.

• Like 1

FAL;

pros: Good for pvp, nice distance, 1 hit zombie kill and "workable" iron sight.

cons: 20 mag size, rare ammo, no zeroing, pretty noisy and bad recoil.

AKM;

pros: decent in pvp, good range, 1 hit zombie kill, common ammo, 30 round clip, fully auto and can zero

cons: AWFUL iron sights, loud

Fn FAL

oh damn, well that damage difference makes the FN FAL superior then, in my opinion. The AKM is already loud as hell, so I only use it in situations where I don't mind being loud, so that's not an issue with the FAL. Haven't actually fired it yet, and never been shot at with one, so no idea how it sounds. Looking forward to the first time :) Also found 7 mags with it, so ammo won't be a problem for a little while.

AKM for sure - quieter, more ammo, etc. If you can get your hands on a Kobra, though, that'd be a good choice. They're relatively quiet, nice sight, lots of ammo, relatively quiet. For me, the FN/FAL is too loud and the iron sights aren't my favorite. Always tempted to hang on to the night vision one though.

FAL;

pros: Good for pvp, nice distance, 1 hit zombie kill and "workable" iron sight.

cons: 20 mag size, rare ammo, no zeroing, pretty noisy and bad recoil.

AKM;

pros: decent in pvp, good range, 1 hit zombie kill, common ammo, 30 round clip, fully auto and can zero

cons: AWFUL iron sights, loud

I can't stand any of the sights on the Russian weapons besides the kobra. I would choose the FAL purely because of that, provided I had enough mags to last a while.

AKM for sure - quieter, more ammo, etc. If you can get your hands on a Kobra, though, that'd be a good choice. They're relatively quiet, nice sight, lots of ammo, relatively quiet. For me, the FN/FAL is too loud and the iron sights aren't my favorite. Always tempted to hang on to the night vision one though.

kobra - one of the weakest ARs in the game. I don't see why you'd ever choose it over something else.

kobra - one of the weakest ARs in the game. I don't see why you'd ever choose it over something else.

This is like the first intellectual thing I've ever seen you post. It's usually nonsense gobbledygook.

But I agree, I can't stand the AK-74 or Kobra, it's like 3 shot zed kill and who knows for a human.

Really? Thought both did 8000

AKM does about 3-4k

i would debate that FAL does 8k but it does do more and alot more accurate, i would take the FAL til i use the ammo than find another akm since its common.

Edited by BobDole

This is like the first intellectual thing I've ever seen you post. It's usually nonsense gobbledygook.But I agree, I can't stand the AK-74 or Kobra, it's like 3 shot zed kill and who knows for a human.

show one thing that has been "nonsense gobbledygook"

(n.b. just because you disagree with something, doesn't make it nonsense)

AKM does about 3-4k

i would debate that FAL does 8k but it does do more and alot more accurate, i would take the FAL til i use the ammo than find another akm since its common.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Weapons

debate all you like

Edited by Dankine