Sign in to follow this  
Epies

Deciding if I should use a Ghillie or keep my Hero skin.

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

Title pretty much says it all.

I've had a Ghillie suit in my tent for a while, but since I'm a Hero I don't know if I should use it.

What would you choose? Being marked as a friendly person, or wear a Ghillie?

Edited by Epies

You're still going to be shot whilst wearing the 'hero' clothing whether you like it or not.

Ghillie adds the ability to be unseen; to be stealthy.

You'll be shot either way, so I would use the Ghillie suit.

Sounds like I should be using the Ghille suit.. will match my new SVD Camo perfectly. :)

• Like 1

I'd hold onto the hero skin, most players running around in Ghillie suits are bandits because it hides the bandit skin, well the smart bandits.......

60% chance of getting shot with Ghillie - 40% chance of getting shot with Hero..

• Like 2

I have 14k~+ humanity, I haven't actually killed in weeks, and so far on 2 occasions ghillie suit allowed me to be unseen and avoid any contact that wasn't needed. Depends a lot on how you play, if you run down through elektro/cerno, ghillie will loose it's efficiency so mite as well stay hero skin for that 1% chance that you won't be killed on the spot. Me, being a hermit by nature, just move around stealthy and if I need to talk to someone I just do it over direct chat. If that doesn't prove you're friendly idk what since you basically have the drop on him.

SO TL/DR depends on how you play. if you run around for anyone to see I guess you mite as well go hero, if not/change your play style use the ghillie.

BY THE WAY, take off your backpack first, you're welcome ;)

I suppose I can always switch back when I have civilian clothing, unless that's bugged.

keep the hero dude wear it proudly . ghillie suits are for bandits trying to hide away . im a hero and i kill wookies on sight whaddia know havent gotten a murder yet ! having the hero skin has saved my ass a few times and ive made good friends with people that would have shot me in a ghillie in a split second . it'll save you're life quicker than a ghillie unless your a sniper and your turning bandit on us then by all means join the wookie clan

I keep a ghillie in my bag just in case I end up in a situation where I need the stealth advantage. In general I roll around in my hero clothes though, because a bandit is going to shoot me no matter what I'm wearing, where a cagey hero might decide shoot me in my ghillie just to be safe.

The only people I shoot on sight are bandits and ghillie's with sniper rifles. We all know why.

You can use both. When you put on a ghillie suit you get the "civilian clothes"added in its place in your inventory. When you take off one you put on the other. So if you put the ghillie on, due to your humanity being so high, your civi clothes would mean you change back into the Hero skin.

Ghille is more scary for many players but it really depends on your play style. If your out to help others and need to establish trust then keep the hero skin.

If you need to be stealthy and avoid players then the ghille is the obvious choice. I wear a ghille for most of my interviews as it's not about me but about the other player so I want to stay out of sight. I can tell you many of them freak out when we meet up and I'm wearing a ghille, and this is after a bunch of messages back and forth to establish a meet place and time.

I don't do the wookie look, i prefer the always cool under pressure Han Solo look, and c'mon how many chicks did Chewy pick up ?

I didn't read all post, but here's my tiny opinion:

Why you should use the hero skin :

1 - You might, or might not, be more successful with meeting other players.

2 - The style.

(no, the perks aren't a good reason)

Why you should use the ghillie suit:

1 - You might, or might not, be successful in being unseen.

2 - The style.

I'd say, if you NEED a ghillie suit for stealth or want to be the Big Boss of stealth, than take the ghillie and stop wondering.

If you don't fit with the description above, I seriously think you should just go for the one you prefer the most to be wearing. Some people like to look like bushy-ninjas. Some peps prefer the scarf and the cap, etc...

In the end, I'd suggest you make yourself feel and look "good", whatever that means for you.

But if you want sombody to tell you what to choose, then I say you must take the ghillie. The more unique I am with the hero skin, the better ;P

I was going to open a thread about this myself; I wasn't sure if I should stick with my Ghillie Suit or not. I decided that hero skin is the way to go. Every time I pass someone when I have a Ghillie Suit, they assume I'm bad and start shooting. Almost at the hero skin, but I'm almost certain that I'll get shot much less with it.

TL;DR: Hero skin

I keep both on me, it only takes one inventory slot. If you are up north you better be wearing a Ghillie suit. If I'm in the south I'll switch to the hero skin, it gets me shot less then a Ghillie suit when in big cities.

I would stick to Hero skin. I´ve weared ghillies, but now there are TONS of L85s out there, and I think every clan/group/squad has one, its rather pointless, you will glow like everyone else.

Im a hero now, and I try to interact with people a bit more, even though you will be shot on sight or betrayed any moment like the rest of the players. Anyway, you can die any moment due to hackers, so Im not afraid of some fresh spawn runs.