Sign in to follow this  
SKYLN

Helicopter Showdown

[/media]

After finding a bus in the forest outside Stary Sobor, Passing through Guglova on our way to Berezino we run face to face with a pack of bandits in a helicopter. Watch and enjoy.

Edited by Skyline86
  • Like 5

I started to watch but then I had to rave party. It was like Metal Gear Solid when the bus stopped.

pretty neat vid, wondering too why you dont lose any blood

Maybe had the new debug on where it stay's solid green for all

Not sure to be honest, I noticed that too when I re-watched the video. The zombies were doing damage but didn't manage to make me bleed, thankfully.

p nice, tho you shouldn't have proned in a field, from a helicopter's point of view there is no terrain detail. Evergreen trees <3

p nice, tho you shouldn't have proned in a field, from a helicopter's point of view there is no terrain detail. Evergreen trees <3

Aye, a lot of people think what they see as good cover makes it good cover. From like 50+m away that long grass and from being in a heli there is little to no cover unless you have something over your head or possibly some thick tree's.

Pretty cool... but I, too, noticed the lack of damage or blood loss.

Well, thankfully I got killed.

Speaking of hacking accusations though I don't think that chopper was legit... We shot it to shit and it wasn't even smoking...is it possible to hack-fix a chopper mid flight?

any of you carried SAWs or Mk 48 Mods? I mean the AS50 hits alone should have beaten up the heli p badly if not disable it completely. an ammo clip of Mk should have made it come crashing down.

Tho ask yourself. if they were hackers, why would they need puny crash site drops? or how come you managed to kill some of them to begin with.

any of you carried SAWs or Mk 48 Mods? I mean the AS50 hits alone should have beaten up the heli p badly if not disable it completely. an ammo clip of Mk should have made it come crashing down.

Tho ask yourself. if they were hackers, why would they need puny crash site drops? or how come you managed to kill some of them to begin with.

good point, aw well, it was fun regardless. I haven't felt adrenaline like that since I got into a fight in 12th grade

To answer your question, one of us had a mk48 and definitely unloaded a clip on that thing. He was in the middle of the firefight while i was in the forest trying to snipe. Unfortunately he wasn't recording at the time :(

Excellent vid. Heart pounding. You guys handled it well. I wish my team worked together as well you two guys did.

But Kudos to the chopper guys they hung in there under some intense fire.

• Like 1

Your team needs a guy to take out the zombies that go for the loud M107 guy so he can do his job without distractions.

I really like how you guys were joking, having fun and then the second you see the chopper you get all organized and military.

Loved it! Intense!

Also great video editing, music was perfect!

Good job!

• Like 1

I was the other guy(Lambo) with Skyline in the bus. I cannot run a recording program while playing DayZ but I can give you my view of what happened.

I tend to rock a MK48 of a M249 when I get the chance, I love belt fed weapons. Here, I was using a MK48 with 5 mags.

We actually just stumbled across the bus 1500m north of Starry, on our way down to raid the tents there for M203 rounds for my M4+M203.

On our way back, we decided it would be fun to take the bus up and down the coast road to just f*ck with it.

When we came upon the Helo, I jumped into some bushes just left of the road with a perfect view of the left side gunner.

Right when Skyline opened up on it with the 50., I unloaded an entire mag in the side of the thing, killing the door gunner.

I began playing interference for Skyline, so he could get a critical hit, by using the bus and near by pine trees as cover.

They concentrated on me and got a bit cocky, flying in low and close.

We kept up our fire on the helo and I got a good shot on the door gunner/inside of the helo and unloaded again, killing another door gunner and injuring another passenger.

They fly off and land and in town to drop off the injured guy, to my best guess, and used him as ground support.

I did not think they let a guy off.

Flying high in a large circle, they just kept us occupied while their buddy got close enough to help.

They began to come in hard on me again and their buddy on the ground managed to kill Skyline (you can see right before Skyline dies, the door gunner is aiming at me by the bus).

I was alive for about another minute after Skyline died and managed to unload more rounds into the helo as it charged me head on.

Soon after the guy on the ground got me.

I probably emptied 300 rounds at them and about 200 should have hit.

Needless to say, this vid gets my adrenaline pumping and I want to do it again!

Skyline did all the editing and he did a damn good job.

Thanks for all the complements guys!

Good recollection Lambo, I can confirm that his depiction of the events is indeed accurate.

I also want to thank you all for your kind words and comments! We plan on continuing our "Let's play DayZ" series with 4 more episodes.

Afterwards we plan to start the second season playing DayZ Lingor Island.

If you enjoyed the video please please subscribe and like it on YouTube, we will greatly appreciate your support :)

UPDATE: I was in the same server and saw that the pilot in this video was banned by battleye lol. At least now we know why we couldn't shoot it down!