Sign in to follow this  
JimmyMeatsock

Hero skins have bullet proof vests?!

I only just read this on the wiki after i suggested it foolishly on the forum....

"Players who become Heroes also gain the perk of being able to run slightly faster than Survivors and Bandits. They also have a bullet resistant vest that will block most low calibre bullets such as makarov or m9 rounds. You will still receive shock, however you will not take any damage nor bleed."

Im glad i found this out, i thought people wanted to be heroes just to look more stylish in their designer shirts.

I might try and be a good guy, but i wish u got humanity for killing bandits, giving out beans and morphine is a bit too nicey nice for me.

A bounty system for nasty bandits with humanity reward points. Could that work? (im not putting it in the suggestions yet)

Don't know if the survivor skin does it, but the camo gear definitely does.

You'll most likely be in pain too, so youll need painkillers.

I have a hero skin, not sure why. If anything it gets me shot at more than the regular skin did.

Maybe it's higher visibility, or heroes are higher value targets.

No one has ever shot me with a Makarov though, so it seems like the benefit is mostly null.

I knew about the speed bit but they have resistance to damage too?

Won't affect me since I snipe for the head anyway, but that's still extremely stupid. What kind of sandbox game punishes a particular gameplay style?

Honestly I've not been terribly impressed with most of the latest features that have been added and discussed. Would rather bugs be fixed rather than adding new problems.

I got a hero skin. Today me and my brother (He also got it) went to a supermarket in berezino. We walked in and another Hero shot my brother, and i shot him in self-defence. It turned out that I got 600 humanity for that kill, and I got 1 bandit kill in my stats. So I guess it gives you humanity for killing bandits. As he turned into one in the moment he shot my brother.

If this is true then frankly, it's fucking bullshit.

Didn't rocket always say he'd never punish a gameplay style?

Thats not punishing bandits, its rewarding the good guys... :)

Edited by b3x
  • Like 7

Read how much work you need to do if you want to be a hero. That is something to be rewarded of, in my opinion.

If there were bounties on bandits, maybe displayed similarly to the Book of the Guilty on Dark Souls, I would definitely consider going out hunting.

Thats not punishing bandits, its rewarding the good guys... :)

What he said. Rewarding one style of play is not the same as punishing other play styles.

35d6fco.jpg

• Like 6

dolwitet.gif

It's called an experiment brah.

Guys, this is not a punishment. Its an encouragement to play one style over another. A punishment would be to make anyone with bandit status weaker. Stop bitching.

scavenging, helpful hero- a slight move speed buff and a little extra protection.

a kos noob hunting bandit- faster opportunity for gaining equipment/weapons...

I fail to see a punishment for playstyles here, just different incentives.

but I didn't mean to interrupt. please bandits, continue to cry...

• Like 3

Read how much work you need to do if you want to be a hero. That is something to be rewarded of, in my opinion.

lol right, because humanity and skins are working so perfectly right now....OHWAIT.

can't tell you how many people i've killed while wearing a hero skin and had no skin change occur, regardless of relogging or respawning.

shouldn't be handing out rewards for a system that doesn't work.

Judging by the replies on this thread and the countless morons who come on here explaining they hack because of 'bandits player killing them'(and people just agree with them too), I think it's safe to assume people will just agree with whatever, if it punishes those better at the game.

You're all idiots.

Don't worry guys, it won't be long before there's 'no pvp' safe zones for you to go to if we continue on this 'pandering to the care bears' road.

And if heroes get bullet proof vests then bandits should get something equally useful for being good at killing players.

Oh, or is that not allowed?

Edited by TheMachine
  • Like 1

Honestly I've not been terribly impressed with most of the latest features that have been added and discussed. Would rather bugs be fixed rather than adding new problems.

Software development is not always linear. The person working on fix A might not be the same person that is working on new feature B.

Never ever in this game have i been shot to the death with a makarov or some similar pistol. In like 90% of all the cases of pvp it is an assault or a sniper rifle. In 9% it is an axe. In 1% it is something else - shotguns, pistols, smgs...

IMO having a protection from pistol bullets isnt an advantage.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to assume people will just agree with whatever, if it punishes those better at the game.

Better at the game, lol.

• Like 1

If you're trying to bandit with a pistol, you're doing it wrong.

Seriously, it takes all of 10 minutes to find a shotgun or high powered rifle in a barn. You can't even kill someone with 1 mag from anything short of a military spawn pistol.

And if heroes get bullet proof vests then bandits should get something equally useful for being good at killing players.

Rofl, you think that all bandits are "good" at killing players.

Implying aviators and rags on your head don't protect bandits from harmful UV radiation.

tomcruisetriplelaugh1.jpg

• Like 3