landon0605

Using Hacked Weapons May Give You Global Ban

Just a fair warning for those of you who do pick up hacked weapons. My buddy got a global ban a couple days ago for using an AS-50 TWS (Thermal AS50) and tried to appeal it since he figured it was a false positive, but was denied by Battle-eye. I know with 100% certainty he doesn't use hacks of any sort to acquire the weapons or has ever even ran a script before. If you run across them, let them be, or hide them on bodies.

I know everyone says you won't get banned for just using hacked weapons, but as of the last update, he did get banned. If anyone else has any other experiences like this, you should post them. As of right now, I would say it is a total myth that you have no chance of getting banned for using a hacked weapon.

Please, no, "I got banned and have never done anything wrong posts." The chances of that actually happening are very slim.

No it cannot, that is not how BattlEye works, it is impossible to get a global ban for picking up a hacked weapon. Someone cheated on your friends account, whether it was him or someone else who obtained his cd key because he purchased it from a dodgy website, downloaded malware or his 'brother' using his computer when he wasn't home.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 7

My buddy got a global ban a couple days ago for using an AS-50 TWS

No he never.

Edit: Damn you Smash :P

Edited by Gogster

Oh you.

Rocket clearly stated that it is fair game.

I should have been banned a week ago if that were the case.

Edited by ExESGO

When i find players with hacked weapons, i just hide there bodies so that nobody els can find them.

Everybody should do this to.

• Like 6

Uhhh...how does it feel to get burned this hard :D

Tell your friend to never show his face here again, oh wait, he is banned, damn cheater : ))))))

• Like 1

Lets just make a simple little point here, I see too many people come running to the forums and in videos saying you can get banned for picking up a scripted item well kids that's (pardon my french) Bullshit.

Now lets take a moment to think about this.

Person A (scripter) : scripts in all his items and tool-belt but does not script in any items that are not in the DayZ mod, he then takes a nice stroll along the docks at Cherno then gets mugged then Axed to death.

Person B (Innocent bambi): Runs over to the scripters body and finds all his loot (but remember the scripter did not script any items that are not in the DayZ mod) so the bambi is none the wiser, picks up all the items and dies moments later.

How does one find out if something is scripted into game and what is not? how do you know that bag that's laying in the supermarket is not scripted in? how about that pair of night vision goggles you looted from a person at Stary? How about that hunting knife you picked up at one of the bars in town?

Simple answer to that is YOU CAN'T know 100% so why would anyone with common sense start banning people for using a item since there is no way to know what is legit or illegal?

I bet we have all come across a item that's been scripted in and not even had any idea that it was.

• Like 2

Oh how I wish using hacked weapons would get you banned. Would love a warning system "You have logged on with a hacked item [AS50 TWS] please drop it this is your final warning" So many problems solved.

• Like 4

He said "global bans", not "admin bans."

Sorry you must not grasp that point i just made take a few mins and think about what i said.

Battleye won't start banning people for using a scripted in item because no one knows that is legit and whats been scripted in. Take a few moments and reread what i said.

I know with 100% certainty he doesn't use hacks of any sort to acquire the weapons or has ever even ran a script before.

Unless he has played every minute of the game on your computer while you stood over his shoulder watching him the entire time, you don't "know with 100% certainty". Also, you don't know he was specifically banned for the AS50-TWS. Your "friend" could have just been globally banned for something else around the time he aquired the weapon. There can be quite a time lag between the detected cheating and the when BE actually issues the ban.

I love how so many of the incidents were "a friend".

Oh how I wish using hacked weapons would get you banned. Would love a warning system "You have logged on with a hacked item [AS50 TWS] please drop it this is your final warning" So many problems solved.

Soon.

• Like 1

I'm not upset for being burned at all. I learned something today. Sorry not everyone takes criticism of their opinion or story as a personal attack. I clearly am missing something from my friends side of the story if Rocket said they are fair game and there is no way BattleEye would give out a ban. Next time I see an AS50 TWS I will pick it up, which is quite often in my opinion.

Is it really that rare someone admits they are in the wrong on here? So rare that everyone comes at you like you should be all butt hurt about what you said?

Edited by landon0605

Sorry you must not grasp that point i just made take a few mins and think about what i said.

Battleye won't start banning people for using a scripted in item because no one knows that is legit and whats been scripted in. Take a few moments and reread what i said.

No I read what you said and it has nothing to do with what the OP asked. If you want an answer to your point, it comes down to the server admin to decide what to do with scripted in weapons, often called "illegal" but it's not a good term. The in-game equipment that gets scripted in is, generally, routinely ignored. You'd have to have a very pernickety admin to track down who took what from a spawned ammo box and take action against that player.

I remember when I logged off to go get a haircut. then when I got home, I logged back in and BAM! I was global banned #637 (poor taste in barbers).

never, NEVER underestimate the power of battleye...

Next time I see an AS50 TWS I will pick it up, which is quite often in my opinion.

Just so you know, many admins do locally kick/ban for this, it's just not a global ban across all servers like the ones issued from BattlEye are.

Edited by smasht_AU

Lets just make a simple little point here, I see too many people come running to the forums and in videos saying you can get banned for picking up a scripted item well kids that's (pardon my french) Bullshit.

Now lets take a moment to think about this.

Person A (scripter) : scripts in all his items and tool-belt but does not script in any items that are not in the DayZ mod, he then takes a nice stroll along the docks at Cherno then gets mugged then Axed to death.

Person B (Innocent bambi): Runs over to the scripters body and finds all his loot (but remember the scripter did not script any items that are not in the DayZ mod) so the bambi is none the wiser, picks up all the items and dies moments later.

How does one find out if something is scripted into game and what is not? how do you know that bag that's laying in the supermarket is not scripted in? how about that pair of night vision goggles you looted from a person at Stary? How about that hunting knife you picked up at one of the bars in town?

Simple answer to that is YOU CAN'T know 100% so why would anyone with common sense start banning people for using a item since there is no way to know what is legit or illegal?

I bet we have all come across a item that's been scripted in and not even had any idea that it was.

Well that's quite silly thing you have just posted, isn't it.

Admins of servers can check when someone has injected a script, although sometimes it gives false positives and hackers have found ways to have other players inject scripts for them meaning global bans are a bad idea. Through this method we know what is and what is not a legit spawn. Obviously this only works on a server with active admins, and the scripter can jump to a new server with his gear and no one will know then. But in honesty you're still wrong.

Well that's quite silly thing you have just posted, isn't it.

Admins of servers can check when someone has injected a script, although sometimes it gives false positives and hackers have found ways to have other players inject scripts for them meaning global bans are a bad idea. Through this method we know what is and what is not a legit spawn. Obviously this only works on a server with active admins, and the scripter can jump to a new server with his gear and no one will know then. But in honesty you're still wrong.

I understand where you are coming from but the title clearly states "Global Ban" and yes i know what server admins are able to do. So whats to stop a scripter from standing in the middle of Cherno and scripts in a normal AS50 and drops it on the floor and then some random runs by and picks it up? Battleye can't go around banning innocent people for picking up scripted stuff and yes server admins can ban but we are talking about Battleye here.

Hah, this made me laugh. Your friend was obviously cheating if he got a global ban

Yes, we have already come to that conclusion... If it wasn't him, then it was someone using his account. Obviously, the former is more probable.

Just so you know, many admins do locally kick/ban for this, it's just not a global ban across all servers like the ones issued from BattlEye are.

The M4A1 Holo SD I just picked up says he doesn't really care to play on those servers anyways. B)

I understand where you are coming from but the title clearly states "Global Ban" and yes i know what server admins are able to do. So whats to stop a scripter from standing in the middle of Cherno and scripts in a normal AS50 and drops it on the floor and then some random runs by and picks it up? Battleye can't go around banning innocent people for picking up scripted stuff and yes server admins can ban but we are talking about Battleye here.

Just ban the scripter from the server, also if you report them to BattlEye then they can be globally banned... And you'll have evidence since you'd be the admin and be able to show the script they injected.