Sign in to follow this  
LeYuno (DayZ)

killing bandits should earn you their negative humanity reversed

Bandits receive negative humanity in the amount of the positive humanity of the players they shot. However, killing bandits currently doesn't do anything for the player that shot the bandit.

As hero status is now a fact, players that kill a bandit should also receive their humanity reversed, in other words, if someone kills a bandit with -10000 humanity they should receive +10000 humanity to their total. It's just logical and it will help serve the game's purpose and ideas.

• Like 1

So if i kill my Friend 10 Times just spawn kill him - hes on about -100000 Humanity ill have Like +1.000.000 Humanity? that system wouldnt really work at all.

So if one Bandit kills an other he will may get a Hero? another bad reason why it isn´t working

Edited by Paddy0610

I like having a high negative amount of humanity.. I wouldn't want to kill someone with around the same and get up into the +'s.. It could work I suppose of they cap out your + humanity. Some have -500k, -1mil etc. Going from -50k to +500k would seem a bit silly.

I'm currently running around with 25+k humanity. If a bandit kills me, he gets that in negative "added" to his score. However if I kill a bandit with -25k I feel I should get that score added to my humanity.

If you're killing a friend over and over you're just boosting, this has nothing to do with the issue.

I'm currently running around with 25+k humanity. If a bandit kills me, he gets that in negative "added" to his score. However if I kill a bandit with -25k I feel I should get that score added to my humanity.

If you're killing a friend over and over you're just boosting, this has nothing to do with the issue.

How doesn't it apply to the issue? There is obviously a flaw in this idea, and he has adressed it.

I like this idea but instead of the whole reverse humanity thing why not just get plus X amount for killing a bandit, let's say +50 or +100.

Not whole humanity. Well at least 25% maybe. Cuz there would be billions humanity btw people.

Ok new scenario:

Bandit 1 (-50000 Humanity) Likes to Shot people in the Face an by People i mean all that walks even other bandits.

Bandit 2 (-100000 Humanity) Badass Sniper like a Boss derping arround at the Beach.

So while Bandit 2 snipes , Bandit 1 hears the shooting an think trololol Noob sniper and want to backstabb him. Finally he finds him Shoots him in the Face just like he always does.

So new Situation:

Bandit 1 morphed to Hero 1 +50000 Humanity - Likes to Shot people in the Face an by People i mean all that walks even other Heroes and Bandits.

Bandit 2 -100000 Humanity Badass Sniper with an Lee Enfield now like a Boss derping arround at the Beach.

Hope you get it right now

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 1

I like this idea but instead of the whole reverse humanity thing why not just get plus X amount for killing a bandit, let's say +50 or +100.

Just even it Killing a Bandit while on + Humanity gives 3000 + like a when a Bandit kills a Survivor or Hero gets -3000

A Bandit kills a Bandit give him his -3000 Humanity , he will be likely to have them added.

Edited by Paddy0610

Ok new scenario:

Bandit 1 (-50000 Humanity) Likes to Shot people in the Face an by People i mean all that walks even other bandits.

Bandit 2 (-100000 Humanity) Badass Sniper like a Boss derping arround at the Beach.

So while Bandit 2 snipes , Bandit 1 hears the shooting an think trololol Noob sniper and want to backstabb him. Finally he finds him Shoots him in the Face just like he always does.

So new Situation:

Bandit 1 morphed to Hero 1 +50000 Humanity - Likes to Shot people in the Face an by People i mean all that walks even other Heroes and Bandits.

Bandit 2 -100000 Humanity Badass Sniper with an Lee Enfield now like a Boss derping arround at the Beach.

Hope you get it right now

I get your idea and I still think it's not right.

The only way would be to award a maximum of humanity points instead of the whole score like bandits get now. A friend of mine has -250k humanity. not because he shot so many players, just ones with higher humanity levels.

I think people should be awarded for getting rid of someone that approaches the game as a bandit that shoots everything.

Perhaps levels of humanity could be awarded different amounts of points. eg; - 10k will get you +250 humanity, -20k will get you +500 humanity etc.

As of now the only way to get positive humanity is to risk your life trying to help others, while bandits just lie in the grass somewhere with a scoped rifle picking off other players. It seems to me that playing bandit still receives way too much positive reinforcement. I can tell since I've been playing on lingor as a player that is the complete opposite of Fritz' character.

Edited by LeYuno

You get +150 while dojgn nothing until the maximum of 2500 Humanity.

Its called "Hero" Skin so following whats makes you a Hero:

Lets say what different Roles ingame do:

Bandit: Shooting people Rob them

Hero: Risking your Life to Help other People

Survivor: Just Surviving

So agreed its harder to become a Hero then a Bandit but surviving doesn´t make you a Hero

• Like 1

I'll ask you in a different way. If you encounter someone in real life that has killed countless people throughout his life, does your killing him not grant you a hero status in itself? You did purge the world from the evil brought by this person.

I doubt killing people can be considered a humane act, even if they're bandits.

This. I still think you should lose humanity even if you kill a bandit, maybe not a much as if you killed a survivor but you surely shouldn't gain any humanity.

I'll ask you in a different way. If you encounter someone in real life that has killed countless people throughout his life, does your killing him not grant you a hero status in itself? You did purge the world from the evil brought by this person.

If you kill a Murder you will be Murder yourself.

Not an Hero at all.

I have no idea of what the actual ingame code is, but those numbers are just obscene,

If a regular murder is -3000 humanity.

Killing a hero should maximum cost between -4000 to -6000 humanity.

Killing a bandit with 0 to -5000 humanity should still cost a decreased negative humanity.

Killing a bandit with -5000 to -10000 might be free.

Killing a bandit with more than -10000 might grant you a little humanity.

No single sinner or saint should make or break your humanity permanently.

+/-50000 humanity for any murder is totally out of proportion, if we tax a regular murder with -3000.

Edited by Dallas

You dont really understand the problem do you?? Their is no humanity in killing people, neither good nor bad. The possibility to killa bandit without getting negative Humanity should be enough for you to kill them, if you think, not getting any negative humanity by killing them inst rewarding enough go kill a bandit you can easily choose to be a bandit and kill everyone if you lust for blood.

Edited by Karon

Killing one person to preserve the lives of many many others is an act of humanity, in my eyes. If I need to protect a group of people by shooting the guy that is trying to kill all of them, then I will. What else is there to do if the goal is survival? You would rather let him live, because "it's not humane" to kill a serial killer? Remember, post-apocalypse means there is no longer any civilisation, no rules, no rehabilitisation, no society to "return to" after committing a crime, etc.

I am not the weak, I am strong. I will survive because I kill those that want to destroy me and the people that wish to survive alongside me. That's how things work. That's how the human race got as big as it is now. Not because they left those that were out to destroy them alive, they killed what threatened them. If that is not humanity, then I don't know what is.

Even though I'm fritz ze friendly doctor, if you try to shoot me dead I WILL return fire in self defence. And I feel that if I shoot a bandit, I should be rewarded for it, freeing the world from someone that is out to destroy everything.

Edited by LeYuno

Killing one person to preserve the lives of many many others is an act of humanity, in my eyes. If I need to protect a group of people by shooting the guy that is trying to kill all of them, then I will. What else is there to do if the goal is survival? You would rather let him live, because "it's not humane" to kill a serial killer? Remember, post-apocalypse means there is no longer any civilisation, no rules, no rehabilitisation, no society to "return to" after committing a crime, etc.

I am not the weak, I am strong. I will survive because I kill those that want to destroy me and the people that wish to survive alongside me. That's how things work. That's how the human race got as big as it is now. Not because they left those that were out to destroy them alive, they killed what threatened them. If that is not humanity, then I don't know what is.

Even though I'm fritz ze friendly doctor, if you try to shoot me dead I WILL return fire in self defence. And I feel that if I shoot a bandit, I should be rewarded for it, freeing the world from someone that is out to destroy everything.

Then you're a survivor and not a hero. Being a hero means doing something good even though you're risikng your own live, going against the instinct to only help and preserve yourself. I don't know what kind of picture you've got of a 'hero', but from what I've read you got it wrong.

From your point of view Shane is a hero for killing Otis. <- Walking Dead TV Show reference

I just want to show Up the System , im on 17k Humanity at the moment, so im not an Bandit im an Hero and why im an Hero becouse i help People that are in need of Help. Sure selfdefense is an need in this setting of the Game.

Walking arround in my shining Hero appeariance doenst make People shot less on me. But Heroes have to deal with it.

But i think true heroes dont rely on "give me reputation for killing the bad guys"

If you change the System the only would be 2 Roles Left. You would be Hero or Bandit not Survivior anymore.

Then you're a survivor and not a hero. Being a hero means doing something good even though you're risikng your own live, going against the instinct to only help and preserve yourself. I don't know what kind of picture you've got of a 'hero', but from what I've read you got it wrong.

From your point of view Shane is a hero for killing Otis. <- Walking Dead TV Show reference

Otis got shot because Shane is a mass murderer who only looks out for himself. The reason he wanted to save the boy is to win the heart of Lori back and/or make her feel like she owed him. The real hero in my eyes is Rick, for killing Shane even though it went against everything he stood for. That was just as much a sacrifice as any other - he killed his best friend to protect the innocent (his group). This is why killing bandits should give you a boost in humanity. Because you make hard decisions that make sure that others stay alive, even if it means you need to put an end to the killing spree of someone else by killing them.

Edited by LeYuno