Gak

Servers change with out Warning

I have been playing on the ham server for the past week ...found myself a load of loot that i had stored in tents, had a few vehicles and today when i try to join it has been changed to lingor....now i know there is nothing wrong with the admins wanting to change the server to lingor...but a bit of notice would b nice...all the guns i had are now gone along with my supplies and vehicles. a weeks play down the drain and im back to square one

makes me wonder if it is worth playing this game until the stand alone comes out.

or mayb rent my own server..though the prices for a server in aus are way too expensive..

cmon admins give us some notice before changing the server.

cheers

Just make your own private hive server. Though the bad part is you can't take your loot to other servers.

And, it's an Alpha, you shouldn't be too surprised that servers change their names all the time / without warning, since there isn't really a system for that, yet.

what is the notice for ? then you know that you will lose your gear soon and we have to explain everyone why over hours... since every server is just a community project its hard to make everyone happy .. and many things change fast ... so be cool or stop playing :)

what is the notice for ? then you know that you will lose your gear soon and we have to explain everyone why over hours... since every server is just a community project its hard to make everyone happy .. and many things change fast ... so be cool or stop playing :)

im being cool i just thought it would b nice since the loot can be carried over the vilayer hive servers...and yea its and alpha but that doesnt mean they cant communicate that they are going to change it....

Im trying not to whinge i was just asking admins if they would mind letting us know thats all..

anyway cheers for the replies guys

You didnt lose your stuff. When they change back to Chernarus, it will still be there.

That´s happen to us 3 Times , now we have an own Server Splitting the Money with 5 People , so it cost less then a Big Mac a month :D

As this seems to coincide with our map switch (inventioncraft) I'm going to say this:

The Hive data from the previous map (Cherna) is not automatically lost upon changing the map. Our admins have kept the old data and will probably use it when changing back to Cherna at some point. How other server admins handle it, I don't know.

We use one database for our 3 chernarus servers so you can switch between them and a separate database for the lingor :) and everyone is happy :)