Redrick (DayZ)

Examine Dead Bodies

I think a nice little feature to add to the atmosphere to the game would be to allow the player to examine corpse's for causes of death.

It could range from:

"Claw marks are found all over this body"- Indication that he died of zombies and perhaps you shouldn't go forward into the town or area ahead

"A gunshot wound is on his head" - Indication that he was killed by another player, and the person may still be about

You could even go so far to examine how long the persons corpse has been there. Maybe like:

"Based on the number of flies surrounding the body, he/she has been dead for several hours/only a few minutes/the good part of the day/exc...

I suggested this in-game before to have some kind of examining feature to determine the time of death, not to pin-point precision, but a rough estimate.

Such as, "The corpse is still warm, this person died less than a minute ago!", "The corpse has maggots and looks rotten, this person died more than one day ago."

It would really make me feel safer knowing that the body I just looked at wasn't killed exactly then, so I can safely stroll past it without having to keep my eyes peeled every second looking for a potential gunman.

It would help to identify if the player has just been player-killed and if you should be on your toes, would be a nice addition to the game.

YES

This idea should be big in my opinion. This way even dead players can give you some of the exitement that living ones do.

Maybe even find a magnifying glass, that would give you yet more information like from where he was shot, what weapon or ultimately who did it. Then bandits whould always have to hide bodies.

Yes, though leo235 we don't need a magnifying glass.

I think this has been the intention all along. The 'unknown' causes is just a placeholder methinks. It just hasn't been implemented yet because of more pressing updates.

I studied a goat body once, right after I shot him in the face for the meat.

"An unknown creature with an unknown name died by an unknown cause."

Well, it's a goat, it died from a gunshot wound to the head and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's name was Billy.

"The body is still warm" within 15 minutes.

"The body is stone cold" up to an hour.

"Rigor mortis seems to be in effect" after an hour.

Something like that would also be cool.

I studied a goat body once' date=' right after I shot him in the face for the meat.

"An unknown creature with an unknown name died by an unknown cause."

Well, it's a goat, it died from a gunshot wound to the head and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's name was Billy.

[/quote']

NICE

"The body is still warm" within 15 minutes.

"The body is stone cold" up to an hour.

"Rigor mortis seems to be in effect" after an hour.

Perfect.