trashcanman67

bye bye hackers ... you will not be missed

After the recent BattlEye cull I would like to say how much I have enjoyed the tears of the cheaters who have been found out.

Their pathetic posts here are pure joy ....

- My friend from the internet was banned and I know he isn't a hacker because I speak to him on teamspeak

- I accidentily downloaded some scripts then used them (but only doing nice things) and now I am banned

- My dog ate my CD key and now I am banned... how do I get the new one I just bought to work?

- I have decided to not play Dayz any more ... hopefully my job \ mother \ hamster will allow me to play when the standalone game is out

- I cheated a few weeks ago but haven't done so since. WTF? I am banned!!!!

Well done BattlEye. Keep up the good work.

• Like 22

I read this, and then reread it, and I have one thing to say.

What?

He's just showing that he's grateful that Battleye is banning narbs. Probably because of the recent ban-wave.

Edited by Welch

Either you're congratulating BattleEye, or this is a load of sarcasm....

I think his post sums up a lot of the topics being made daily.

You forgot one " I was away the weekend and my little brother was at my computer, now i'm banned... Can some please help."

You got to love the internet....

v

v

v

v

• Like 1

Why praise Battleye? All they do is patch the latest bypass then 2 days later there is a new one.

Wait 2 days tops and all of those same hackers will be back with their $5 CD Keys.

What i don't get is the fact i know someone who is running a private hive and anyone who tries to join that server with any sort of cheat/injector loaded they get auto kicked whilst joining the game. Why can't Battleye incorporate something like this?

Edited by DaveyP
  • Like 1

I concur. BattlEye has been doing a fantastic job. Negativity bias from the peanut gallery unfortunately causes some people to blame BattlEye the second there's the one hacker that didn't get banned which they ran into. But, many of us know how effective BattlEye truly is and how stacked the cards are against them with the ARMA2 scripting engine.

Thousands of innocents banned while scripters roam free, great work BattleFraud.

Thousands of rational people forced to listen to your drivel while others smartly skip over the anal evacuations that you call posts, great work FecalFlare.

D... did I do it right? I think so. Someone do me next :D me me me!

• Like 8

Why praise Battleye? All they do is patch the latest bypass then 2 days later there is a new one.

Pick up a book and read. They fantastically explain why this is possible and how it's a cat and mouse game that will never end. VAC/PB are not an exception to the rule, either. VAC/PB just don't have to deal with the fact that if they're bypassed the game provides them a sanctioned way of exploiting the game (scripting engine). They have to find some additional exploit to actually do the work, otherwise their bypass doesn't accomplish anything. Suggested reading via an Amazon book written by white hat hackers: Exploiting Online Games

What i don't get is the fact i know someone who is running a private hive and anyone who tries to join that server with any sort of cheat/injector loaded they get auto kicked whilst joining the game. Why can't Battleye incorporate something like this?

Please show your homework on this. There's no way this could happen unless the private hive owners have written their own BattlEye/VAC/PunkBuster and integrated it into the ARMA2 engine. As far as I know, no such private hives have this functionality. You can't exactly "remotely" scan for client side injection. Again, you show your cards here in not knowing anything about the topic at hand.

Even if they did write their own anti-cheat client/server module, integrate it into the server, and require their players run the proprietary anti-cheat engine... they'd be no more advantaged at the situation than BattlEye. In fact, BattlEye would have a leg up on them substantially with their experience with the engine.

Nothing you've posted makes any sense and has no factual basis. Stop posting.

• Like 3

people complain about hackers

they say batteye does nothing

battleye bans 1000's of players

they still say battleye does nothing

mindblown.jpg

• Like 12

Thousands of innocents banned while scripters roam free, great work BattleFraud.

Yea thousands of "innocent" scripters were banned, asshat.

• Like 1

Suggested reading via an Amazon book written by white hat hackers: Exploiting Online Games

I think I may read this, seems incredibly interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

There's no way this could happen unless the private hive owners have written their own BattlEye/VAC/PunkBuster and integrated it into the ARMA2 engine.

Nothing you've posted makes any sense and has no factual basis. Stop posting.

There is no way this could happen? I suggest you start reading sir.

Edit: I believe in what i see with my own eyes.

Edited by DaveyP

I welcome it, good sir! Go ahead and provide your proof for me to read. You will have simultaneously found a new anti-hack method and a catastrophic security hole that will have everyone scrambling to patch the world's computers if what you say is true and these server owners are able to remotely inspect the kernel/processes/memory of a client machine remotely without the aide of an anti-cheat engine being willingly run on the client.

• Like 1

I think I may read this, seems incredibly interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Of the f'ing millions of fascinating things available to learn on this earth, your going with that? Your going to learn something that essentially tips over the chess boards of people playing chess. Your going to learn that? Were hitting fucking asteroids with missiles and your going with that? A way to fuck with people who didn't do shit to you?

Edited by Thane
  • Like 2

Calm down there hoss. You may want to actually read the book's synopsis.

The world is quickly going online. While I caution against online voting, it is clear that online gaming is taking the Internet by storm. In our new age where virtual items carry real dollar value, and fortunes are won and lost over items that do not really exist, the new threats to the intrepid gamer are all too real. To protect against these hazards, you must understand them, and this groundbreaking book is the only comprehensive source of information on how to exploit computer games. Every White Hat should read it. It's their only hope of staying only one step behind the bad guys.

In case you missed it.

To protect against these hazards, you must understand them

Feel dumb? You should.

Also... space is amazing, but learning what makes computers work how they do is also very intriguing. Why not learn about both? :D

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 1

Suggested reading via an Amazon book written by white hat hackers: Exploiting Online Games

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

19 of 24 people found the following review helpful

1.0 out of 5 stars Too General, not for a programmer March 29, 2009

By Anh Nguyen

As a programmer point of view, this book is useless. Before buying the book, I want to know how to debug a game, how to find NPC offset, and how to find functions used inside the game. This book is mostly about what is legal and what is not. I have learned nothing from this book.

//Nuff said.

• Like 2

Venthos, there is a difference between "sanctioned" and sloppily coded. Letting anyone run a script on the SERVER is sloppy. In fact it's not just sloppy, it's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of.

HACKING from the perspective of an untrusted client leaves you a lot less room to exploit (ie. reading incoming data destined for your client to figure out there is another player in the vicinity, etc, versus spawning in weapons, teleporting around the world, implementing god mode, etc). How about auth servers to prevent rampant cd key hacking? I could go on but you're obviously even more retarded than Bohemia.

Thanks for linking some pseudo-education which most people use to inform themselves instead of actually knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

• Like 1

Thousands of innocents banned [...]

Bullshit

Wait 2 days tops and all of those same hackers will be back with their $5 CD Keys.

That's sort of how the playing field is. Right now the hacks are bypassing BE. Why would they do that if it was useless? The latest ban-wave was probably one bypass-hack busted. They might be back 2 days later with a shady key that doesn't always work and their current hack doesn't work.

And I'm a bit skeptical of your claim. As an admin I'm sure you're not confusing this with the script detection that kicks, but why aren't you running it? Why can only private hives do that? Maybe an external log-inventory-checker?

Venthos, there is a difference between "sanctioned" and sloppily coded. Letting anyone run a script on the SERVER is sloppy. In fact it's not just sloppy, it's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of.

HACKING from the perspective of an untrusted client leaves you a lot less room to exploit (ie. reading incoming data destined for your client to figure out there is another player in the vicinity, etc, versus spawning in weapons, teleporting around the world, implementing god mode, etc). How about auth servers to prevent rampant cd key hacking? I could go on but you're obviously even more retarded than Bohemia.

There might be some confusion here. A client cannot run a script on the server that wasn't included in the mission file. One of the hacks overwrote some functions in the missionfile with the publicVariable command (which is retarded, yes) but BE and BIS solved that with the PV detection-file (similar to scripts). BIS didn't want to outright ban it since several mods are depending on it, including the popular Life mod. But the core of your message is correct - The arma2 engine assumes no malicious users/clients and is too trustworthy. They are working on this (finally) though. And the entire engine is depending on scripts being executed on the client-side.

As for the auth-servers for CD-key I'm a bit unsure of what you mean, BIS are hosting this and you need an OK for the auth-server to join any server that isn't LAN. Well, almost. If the server has disabled BE, it only checks for duplicate keys on the same server.

Edit: Also, and I'm just speculating here, the reason why hacks still works is because the server admins are not adding illegal commands in their scripts-file, such as setDamage, createVehicle, etc. The hackers have a way to bypass BE and then has to send the commands to the server. The server assumes all commands are legit per default, but if there is a script-file, those commands are not allowed and would cause a kick for script restriction. They can't global ban here since a malicious admin might add a legit command to the scripts-file and ban everyone. I know BIS/Dayz isn't doing this easy for the admins, but this will be default in the standalone server-app. Also, there are heaps of ways a hacker might grief so the scripts-file will never be complete.

Edited by Rakrul
  • Like 1