Sign in to follow this  
electroban

Nice to know that 2,000 bans do nothing

Its not retarded logic is it bro beans. The only hacking people notice is the one that spoils their own game. Me wanting to spawn up gear that was taken away by a hacker is and should be fine, you wont notice will you? Its only when hackers interfere in the players experience does it make a difference.

I do want to play the game legitimatley, but if the game is rigged from the start however....

It is not fine, it is called cheating and is frowned upon in every culture. If you hack just come out and say I suck at this game and have no other option but to be cheap, otherwise be like the rest of us and go gear yourself up by murdering someone, finding loot piles, or finding a tent. I used to try to be 100% legit and only use gear from loot spawns, but that got old after dying from hackers so I have relaxed my rules to include gear from players (not the hacked AS50 TWS though, shit is cheap) and gear from players tents (probably duped or is a never ending tent). Sack up dude, or cheat like a sissy your choice.

Dreaded double post, give me beans mofo.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
  • Like 2

I'm guessing that at least %20 of people who play this game hack.

20% of 1.2 million = 240 000 hackers spread across what? 5000 servers = 48 hackers per server.

2000 or 12000 is almost irrelvant.

Obviously I am not saying that there are 48 hackers in every server but you get the point.

I really hope that is a joke. 10 000 people cheat a max. And that is less than 1%

Edited by TSAndrey

Its not retarded logic is it bro beans. The only hacking people notice is the one that spoils their own game. Me wanting to spawn up gear that was taken away by a hacker is and should be fine, you wont notice will you? Its only when hackers interfere in the players experience does it make a difference.

I do want to play the game legitimatley, but if the game is rigged from the start however....

And it doesn't spoil my game when a hacker spawns in the best DayZ weapons, while I have to play to find them? Your logic is retarded! We all died by hackers, deal with it

Edited by TSAndrey

i just registed for the mydayz.de private hive server. you have to enter your GUID in your forum profile to get whitelisted.

i thought that that would to lead some protection from hackers.

first session: 3 players in ghllies let players rain from the sky and kill me shortly after with an as50 TWS.

private hives don´t work either, if anything they attract cheaters even more because they know ppl try to hide from them on those servers.

don´t get me wrong, i´ll continue to play but don´t get your hopes up for private hives unless you know all players on them personally.

I have played this game since early May, and i have yet to get killed by any hacker. Find a home server, one that is low pop, and therefor often free of hackers, and setup there. The worst part is you are trying to justify why you should be allowed to do it to. If you script at any point then you loose all right to complain about it, and you are just as much a fuckwit as every other scripter and hacker in this game. A to-be scripter complaining about what he is doing himself. Fucking great...

And it doesn't spoil my game when a hacker spawns in the best DayZ weapons, while I have to play to find them? Your logic is retarded! We all died by hackers, deal with it

1. You don't HAVE to find them, you don't even HAVE to play this mod. 2. I've never been killed by a hacker, but friends of mine stopped playing because of it and I find it sad that some people are able to ruin others fun so easily. I am not complaining, since I never had the pleasure of meeting a hacker, but still it is a big issue and I hope it will be fixed till the standalone comes out

Find a home server, one that is low pop, and therefor often free of hackers, and setup there.

Two of my friends got killed by a hacker on a low pop private server (4players, 2 of the players were them). The only way to realy get rid of all the hackers is to set up a private server yourself and play with an admin.

Electro, you should play private HIVE servers. The admins there have more control and are able to implement their own custom programs such as whitelists or custom-made anti-hacks to stop hackers. Private HIVE servers tend to have more admin presence as well so when a hacker does slip through, the damage is usually minimal.

You could check out the Billy Mays Remembrance Foundation private HIVE server or if you want something smaller, the DPV private HIVE server. You can find them both in the Private HIVE Discussion section. Both servers tend to be on page one or two.

Atm the percentage of cheaters/script-kiddies (you rarely find a "hacker", coz they usually do not play at all) is around 7% on each server (it means around 2 cheaters on a 30 persons server). Those are incredible high numbers... sadly there's nothing they can do: Arma2 is this (poorly protected) and BE is a joke. But the worst part is that probably DayZ (the game) will suffer the same problem, coz it's heavily based on the current engine.

Like, I should really start cheating too, why not? It seems like a much much more fun alternative to playing the game legitly, i can spawn some choppers with my friend on any server, infinite gear, no risk of dying, and i can troll people all day.

I don't think you will be trolling for a day

I like how he says "I should really start cheating too" Then the next paragraph he says "Or I could go back to playing legit."

This kid either already hacks, or is just too stupid to figure out how.

I've been in low populated servers and they have hackers on them.. It was funny, because they didn't bother my friend and I.. Instead.. they kept killing this guy who had [PvP] in his name.. I thought it was hilarious.. then he left.. maybe these hackers thought he was a trolling hacker who teleport people and kill them.. So they kept doing it to him first? This was during the time my friend and I were looking for the down chopper sites.. Two were missing.

Oh man. Can we please sticky this topic for a week or two? The delicious irony that is brewing here is just fantastic.

Currently: "BattlEye does NOTHING! It's useless! Blargh!"

Inevitable conclusion: "So I tried hacking and now I got banned. This is bullshit!"

You have to promise to let us know when you get banned, electrobean. Please? Pretty please?

he will come back whinging that other cheater buddies haven't been banned yet but he has so battleye is shit.

1. You don't HAVE to find them, you don't even HAVE to play this mod. 2. I've never been killed by a hacker, but friends of mine stopped playing because of it and I find it sad that some people are able to ruin others fun so easily. I am not complaining, since I never had the pleasure of meeting a hacker, but still it is a big issue and I hope it will be fixed till the standalone comes out

What are you even talking about? How is that connected to my post?

i just registed for the mydayz.de private hive server. you have to enter your GUID in your forum profile to get whitelisted.

i thought that that would to lead some protection from hackers.

first session: 3 players in ghllies let players rain from the sky and kill me shortly after with an as50 TWS.

private hives don´t work either, if anything they attract cheaters even more because they know ppl try to hide from them on those servers.

don´t get me wrong, i´ll continue to play but don´t get your hopes up for private hives unless you know all players on them personally.

Hi Broter,

we had one incident last week with a hacker who registered several GUIDs and killed players twice. We banned him and rolled backed the DB so players can go on with their gear from before the mass teleport kill. If a hacker slips through or registers, we can identify him very fast and ban him. There is no way to keep hackers of a server when you want to play on it with a high and active population.

We will also introduce a VIP hive server where it will be harder to get on, since you need an amount of forum posts and need to be registered for X days etc. So everyone has the chance to play even more "safely". But you can NEVER lock out hackers. You can just create barriers for them.

regards

bav

Community Hive information in english and german: hive.mydayz.de

Edited by bav
  • Like 1

OP i can't agree with your title more.

2000 seemed liked a lot at one point, but it's pretty obvious to anyone that it hasn't made a bit of difference. Even looking at Rockets own 'banned members' thread that he never expected hacking to be as big a problem as it was.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do because the majority of members of the forum love to say '' it's a free mod asshole, if you don't like it then leave''.

It's really sad. I loved this game for the scale and survival aspect, but all the hacking has turned it in to Cherno deathmatch. I'm not convinced that the standalone is gonna be much different. Until we're told what anti-cheat system rocket's implementing i'm not shelling out another penny or even entertaining the idea of paying for standalone.

Peace OP

2000 bans just means the hackers need to find a new cd key. They're just encouragement to stop hacking. They could ban every person that ever ran a script, and the next day most of them would have new cd keys and be teleporting everyone again.

Still, I'm glad they ban the hackers, make those fuckers pay and get more money for the developer. I'm just not foolish enough to think any amount of bans will protect me or change the situation in this mod.

I hope the bans issued for the mod transfer over to the standalone game.