zak757

An-2 Colt (Large Biplane)

And still nothing confirmed, mentioned, or rejected by Rocket.

10 pages and 35 likes so far. If there was difficulty in implementing it, I'd at least like to know what is the problem.

As much as I'd like to see this added, Rocket already stated that content addition will be a lower priority (read: probably nothing). Instead he is gonna focus on getting DayZ as bug-free as he can and save the content for the standalone.

Yes. I totally agree, I was just about to make a thread, but used the websites search engine and found this thread.

yes yes and more yes. this is a great idea :D

also, i think tow cables would work well with this, like being able to hook up the plane to a car or truck and tow it into your base.

How do you rate a thread?

Just showing my support, love the post apo type plane idea!

My beans shall be yours!

also they should remove huey's machineguns or replace it with a civilian version...

with my as50 i've been able to shoot 13x helis down most of them where hacked i guess

I totally love this idea after starting this thing at 50 kph on a random field at vybor and landing it at 30 kph on another field having it rolled out after ~ 20m. Sad that it won't be added in near future.

yeah great idea, how are you going to land it? and then hide it?

no.

• Like 1

it gets too much of like a war-game if you have to keep an eye out for mroe than 1 chopper in the air pr. server...

• Like 1

yeah great idea, how are you going to land it? and then hide it?

Did you try this thing? You can land on any field that is longer than about 40m. And I am sure you will find some place on the map where noone will find it ( west of petrovka, north of gvozdno, west of myshkino only to name a few)...

I think also including a parachute that takes up 3 inventory slots, and activates when you get out of a plane, would be a neat feature to add.

well the huey got an automatic parachute. press eject and see

Why not. If you cant shoot out of it or land anywhere but air strips and big filds really its just more transport. :thumbsup:

Jear Please do this, and at all i want a biger map, with a island on it (maybe cherno and the opinion to fly/drive with boat to lingor *-*)

If a huey is able to be found and flown then at least another aircraft should be added to the spawns

Well i agree this biplane should be in the game. However you should need to read some kind of manual or book or something to be able to pilot both the biplane and the Huey . As of right now every Chernarusian is a pilot , very odd .

• Like 1

Just another idea for an item, if the An-2 was brought into DayZ.

If you clip your wing on something like a tree or post, you are basically stuck since there is no "reverse" gear for the An-2. You will spin around into an object and be stuck there. But I think a "towbar" feature would be neat, or basically a tool that allows you to drag a plane around while it is turned off. Because the Colt is pretty heavy, maybe make it a group effort (2 people is fine). Toolbars can be found at industrial areas, although I don't know how exactly they would work.

• Like 4