WakeUpDeadMan

Battle Eye Bans 2000Cheaters

Rectification : BattlEye banned 2000 CD-key.

In those 2000, how many where stolen CD-key ?

Anyway good to see that they try to do smt.

In those 2000, how many where stolen CD-key ?

Does it matter? Whether you're a hacker or someone careless enough to get your CD Key hijacked by a hacker, both are equally ban worthy. By quickly banning compromised CD keys, it brings down the population of active hackers.

Hello there

More to the point has anyone noticed a decrease of scripters since said ban?

Rgds

LoK

Does it matter? Whether you're a hacker or someone careless enough to get your CD Key hijacked by a hacker, both are equally ban worthy. By quickly banning compromised CD keys, it brings down the population of active hackers.

I disagree. The stupid ones or careless ones or just innocent ones loose their CDkey, CD-key that get sold, making a business about it, and letting the scripters to script again.

Where's the justice ? If they find a way to have you key, you deserve a ban ?

Here, hold that potato for me.

I disagree. The stupid ones or careless ones or just innocent ones loose their CDkey, CD-key that get sold, making a business about it, and letting the scripters to script again.

If they get your key, you almost certainly downloaded corrupted cheats and had it stolen that way.

So yeah, you deserve a ban.

• Like 1

If they get your key, you almost certainly downloaded corrupted cheats and had it stolen that way.

So yeah, you deserve a ban.

I log on a phishing website, I deserve a ban ?

How would that compromise your key?

You install dodgy software, with the intention of cheating, and get your key stolen. Yeah, you deserve it.

...letting the scripters to script again.

Bam, you nailed the reason they deserve the ban right there.

Hackers don't "find a way" to get your key. They setup the equivalent of a box tilted up with a stick and string and wait for someone to go for the "COOL HACK/LINGOR/WHATEVER INSTALLER. 100% LEGIT. DON'T MIND THAT IT'S AN EXE AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM" and wham, free cd key for almost no effort.

Sure?

Yes. Absolutely. Without question. 100% deserved for being careless. You should do your research before downloading from some random website.

• Like 1

Yes. Absolutely. Without question. 100% deserved for being careless. You should do your research before downloading from some random website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

How would that compromise your key?

Steal the STEAM password from phishing website.

Install game.

Get key in registry.

Profit.

A phisher came on our stream group, trying to steal us :)

Hello there

More to the point has anyone noticed a decrease of scripters since said ban?

Rgds

LoK

Was literally just in game and some russian kid starts sayin he gunna help me out spawns a couple of helicopters and ammo crates.... didnt kill me tho atleast...

he was also invisible...

Edited by electroban

Excellent! You found the definition. So I take it this is you agreeing with me now, as you now understand what phishing is and phishing relies upon people being careless/irresponsible?

The point is it's not "from some random website" but a phishing one.

Anyway.

Ow, what should we say to the guy that downloaded a package to play offline and got his CD-key stolen ? Was he trying to cheat too ?

Mhh too stupid too so he should be banned too ?

The point is it's not "from some random website" but a phishing one.

Uh... that's kind of what a phishing website is. Some random website. That's kind of how they operate. They compromise random hosting accounts of random people around the world and host the fraudulent stuff on their account. By definition that is random. Are you really going to try and play a semantics card here?

Anyway.

Ow, what should we say to the guy that downloaded a package to play offline and got his CD-key stolen? Was he trying to cheat too ?

Mhh too stupid too so he should be banned too ?

He already admitted to downloading installer files from a random YouTube video. Links that were to... you guessed it, a random website. No, he wasn't trying to cheat. Yes, he still deserves to be banned. As I said already earlier in this thread, careless people who aren't trying to cheat deserve to be banned just as much as people who are actually cheating. The careless people are fueling the cheaters with cheap CD keys so they can continue to hack again on the cheap in spite of global bans. I'm not sure why you're making me re-state my stance on this every reply like you've forgotten what it is.

Edited by Venthos

Thought comes to mind, if you bought a legitimate copy of Arma II: CO through any means, so long as you kept the proof of purchase couldn't you appeal to BiS customer support? That's what I would do if my cd-key was stolen/hacked out.

Don't forget these guys run random generators as well.

Man, your logic is infallible.

Uh... that's kind of what a phishing website is. Some random website. That's kind of how they operate. They compromise random hosting accounts of random people around the world and host the fraudulent stuff on their account. By definition that is random. Are you really going to try and play a semantics card here?

He already admitted to downloading installer files from a random YouTube video. Links that were to... you guessed it, a random website. No, he wasn't trying to cheat. Yes, he still deserves to be banned. As I said already earlier in this thread, careless people who aren't trying to cheat deserve to be banned just as much as people who are actually cheating. The careless people are fueling the cheaters with cheap CD keys so they can continue to hack again on the cheap in spite of global bans. I'm not sure why you're making me re-state my stance on this every reply like you've forgotten what it is.

nono keep going, hold hard on your potato, I'm outta here.

Ad79z.gif

• Like 1

Ah, yet another success. I love when people run out of things to say in the face of logic and reason.

• Like 1

Can't people just randomly generate a CD keys and end up stumbling upon yours or another that does exist and end up using it?

Can't people just randomly generate a CD keys and end up stumbling upon yours or another that does exist and end up using it?

This is true for all software license keys from your Windows OS to literally every game in existence with a key. This isn't a rampant problem because the amount of possible keys to actual valid keys is actually quite high. Guessing isn't that effective in most cases. Without a way to rapidly test if a key is valid, the time required to cycle all possible keys is too time prohibitive.

It's just like how people can technically guess your credit card number, but that's never a problem because it's difficult to guess a valid one.

Both with license keys and credit cards, it's leaps and bounds more effective and less time consuming to just ask people to volunteer their keys to you in the form of posting a trojan online and making it look like whatever your target would be googling for.