Sign in to follow this  
Lil Bunny

Evacuation mode

My idea is about a new gamemode to dayz called evacuation where the players will start like normal in random places along the coast but it is timed. The players have X amount of in game days to get to grozovy pass where they will win and at the end of this match anyone who doesnt make it to the evac point loses

-EDIT-

Or perhaps when you evacuate you end up appearing at a helicopter crash site with military gear around you

Edited by Lil Bunny
  • Like 2

Why the fuck is my idea related to cod according to you

and second thing if there was a civil emergency the military would try and evacuate people

the military has been destroyed dumbass thats kind of obvious the game is set 1 or 2 years after the outbreak aswell and what happens if you get to the chopper in evac mode??? huh??? huh??? you get a big fucking gun??? you get a grenade??? the idea is unrealistic and would not make the game any fun the game is to survive not run to waypoints before the time runs out rocket is never going to considire this idea if he used this it would just be another game you buy on the highstreet

this is a brilliant idea but no so much the execution. Let's say every 5-6 hours evac arrives similar to heli crash sites and it won't be like everyone would be running to the choppa but only those with radios would recieve a transmission which would take you to another part of the map only accessible through evac. Those with radios would mostly likely be high tier players sent to another part of map for scavenging/battling it out on the other side without having to bother fresh spawns.

Edited by heliman
  • Like 4

Go play cod little bunny kid! This idea is terrible in every way possible. DayZ is a game about surviving and scavanging resources to continue your survival. This game is not about getting to some point on the map to win. Actually there's no "win" in this game. It's all about staying alive as long as you can by all means.

Delete your post and try harder next time.

• Like 4

why not just get a chopper and fly where you want to

The survivors don't have access to the map to know the route only the evac guy knows the route.

the military has been destroyed dumbass thats kind of obvious the game is set 1 or 2 years after the outbreak aswell and what happens if you get to the chopper in evac mode??? huh??? huh??? you get a big fucking gun??? you get a grenade??? the idea is unrealistic and would not make the game any fun the game is to survive not run to waypoints before the time runs out rocket is never going to considire this idea if he used this it would just be another game you buy on the highstreet

You are platinum mad take that dick out of your ass k

it would be obvious its before the outbreaks in full swing

how the fuck is it unrealistic before everything goes completely down the shit hole the goverment would try and evacuate people

Lol, so much hate in this thread. I'm not really on board with the idea as stated, but wow, what a bunch of @$$ hats who responded.

Rather than the player getting evacuated, I would be interested in seeing a civilian evacuation mode where the player helps evacuate others either by land (Car to an extraction point), air (heli to an extranction point), or sea (boat to the extraction point). Points get thrown up on a leader board so everyone can see how awesome you are. Arma single player already has a follow me/wait here mechanic, so that isn't an issue I don't think.

I still don't see any relation to CoD? What is it with cod in here? You guys know that there are two ways to respond to a thread: Like a asshat (all of you) or like a polite guy who doesn't curse at the thread starter because of something that is just an idea!

You guys are a disgrace, seriously.

On Topic:

IMO this idea wouldn't fit the "survival" aspect of the game. Why? Because there'd be two goals of the game. The one is actually to survive and the other would be to escape and end the game. The point where you end the game is when you log out and deinstall it. It just wouldn't it the whole sense of DayZ.

The civil evac would just lead to noob bashing and deathmatching (which already is in the game, but not so extreme like it could be). Imagine 20 guys at one open spot and a grenade or a M136 launcher? Kill feed of a scripters.

--

See, that's a proper way to respond to a idea with arguments, not hatred. You asshats really should think about rather being a bit more friendly and not having such a huge e-pen.

--

DBM

• Like 6

Lol, so much hate in this thread. I'm not really on board with the idea as stated, but wow, what a bunch of @$$ hats who responded.

Rather than the player getting evacuated, I would be interested in seeing a civilian evacuation mode where the player helps evacuate others either by land (Car to an extraction point), air (heli to an extranction point), or sea (boat to the extraction point). Points get thrown up on a leader board so everyone can see how awesome you are. Arma single player already has a follow me/wait here mechanic, so that isn't an issue I don't think.

This forum is allways like this you will be lucky to find some civil threads that dont end with 13 year olds calling each other "codfags" or raging at the OP just because they dont agree with them.

• Like 1

the military has been destroyed dumbass thats kind of obvious the game is set 1 or 2 years after the outbreak aswell

This is NOT obvious at all. There are stinking piles of bodies everywhere and evidence of nearly-recent military activity.

The body piles behind military some military installations would no longer be fly-infested after 1 or 2 years. Hell, they'd be sans flies in a matter of days.

• Like 1

For the record, I like this idea. And I hate COD. I don't play it. I hate blind mindless deathmatch. I completely fail to see where the rabid overreaction comes from here. CoD has assault rifles too, should they be removed from Day Z?

There needs to be some sort of a common endgame option. Or more than one. Objectives on the map that, *optionally*, can be achieved by survivors or prevented by bandits (or vice versa) and offer reward to the victor. Say, if the bandits prevent the survivors from getting to the evac, they get all the survivors' gear plus the evac vehicle's gear.

Military collapse is not obvious at all in the game. Not at all. If that's the designer's intent, they need to make it more clear. All that's obvious is that the military presence *in Chernarus* has been overrun.

• Like 1

whats the point of evacuation mode? why the hell would you earn points for getting into a chopper? and what would you do with these points? evacuation mode would not make the game any fun it would make the the average game you buy on the highstreet this game is survival not scores and leaderboards for retards.

and by the way cat in sunglasses i did not mean the military collapsed at the start of the outbreak i meant that the military would probably have collapsed a year or so after the outbreak.

plus the military would be more likely to send in BTR'S and troops to deal with the infection.

and what if the infection was so sudden that the government did not have time to prepare??? go back to playing your beloved point scoring games with timers and leader boards and shit.

Again, bro, you're putting me and OP into a silly box without any reason.

I hate CoD. I hate point-based games. I have no desire to see Day Z become one. I don't play Medal of Honor, Battlefield, any of that crap.

But endgame ideas and scrimmage mode ideas can only make the game more fun. You're being closed-minded and hostile for no reason. You're telling me to "go back to" something I don't play.

So everyone can see how big your e-pin is! Another COD kid. Go back to your game if you want e-genitals measurement competition.

Both of your ideas are retarded and have no right to exist. Full stop.

I have never played CoD. Sorry bro.

The point is that it can be totally ignored by people who choose not to participate, even within the same server. Just like how some people can choose to be d!ckb@gs on forums because their mothers didn't hug them enough as children while others act with a little more class.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a horrible idea but I think the OP got the winners and losers backwards. I've seen this movie, it's a trap, the military want to get all of the potentially infected survivors rounded up in one location and eliminate the problem.

Just keep surviving.

• Like 1

I actually really like this idea. It would stifle the whole endgame whining. An escape route that you can play in time-attack mode would be pretty cool. Start the player off with an infection and force them to make a rush to the exit as fast as possible, any way possible, using all of the survival skills they have.

Some players see this game as World of Warcraft, where you collect loot and gear and then PVP against people while "leveling up" or some shit. I prefer to view the game as a sort of a friendly-fire TF2 sandbox where the fun isn't leveling up and getting to the end, it's just joining up with the game and playing it. That said, I think adding game modes to player spawns that don't provide any bonuses but give players different pre-loaded end-games if they choose would be interesting.

I could see the escape endgame. You start out infected and have to escape the quarantine before your blood runs out. If you go without food or water too long or your temperature drops, your infection gets worse. Anti-biotics can keep your infection in check but can't cure you. You have to gather supplies necessary for an escape before you die.

• Like 2

Go play cod little bunny kid! This idea is terrible in every way possible. DayZ is a game about surviving and scavanging resources to continue your survival. This game is not about getting to some point on the map to win. Actually there's no "win" in this game. It's all about staying alive as long as you can by all means.

Delete your post and try harder next time.

So you want to survive but not get out of the dangerous area with infected. ok

i have an idea for an evacuation mode what about the player gets to the chopper and it crashes making one of the chopper crash sites and you crawl from the wreckage and escape but no leaderboards or point scoring end of story

i have an idea for an evacuation mode what about the player gets to the chopper and it crashes making one of the chopper crash sites and you crawl from the wreckage and escape but no leaderboards or point scoring end of story

take a break, have a kitkat

To be honest all you need is a compass, and you can run from coast to north with out need of food or water, if you go in a straight line. Even then you don't need a compass, just a good sense of direction.

I like the idea, but I just don't think it would fit well with the game

• Like 1