Sign in to follow this  
BreakdanceJesus

5 survivors deleted in 5 days

I bought ARMA2 via steam 5 days ago, and have had 5 survivors teleported into the debug zone without any of their gear. While dealing with the fact that this is an alpha, and is anything but stable, I can accept the minor bugs and connection problems with servers. However, it seems rather futile to spend hours gathering gear, only to lose it to a glitch every single time. Even with the glitches, this game is truly incredible. What I am wondering is this.. did I happen to start playing this game at the most unstable point in its existence?

Woaw no not at all, this is a hacker's doing! Not a glitch. Basically don't join servers with massive amounts of players (check if there's a peak, if so it's probably safer outside the peak hours) because hackers like to rape many people at the same time. It's a great game but the bugs and other stuff hardly makes it not even worthwhile looting everything and then losing it all again. My personnal tip, get a tent or 2 (or more), store valuable gear and try and get a vehicle & wait for the standalone :D

• Like 1

thanks for the tips. I have been playing on low population servers. The teleport to debug zone ALWAYS happens upon logging into a new server (I only play official ones.) I will be totally fine on one server, log out for RL issues, and when i attempt to log back in, I will be naked in debug zone (this happens even on empty servers). Logging out and reconnecting, i will appear on the coast, still naked. All info seems to save (blood level, days alive, hunger, thirst, etc) but all my gear is gone, as is the backpack graphic on my survivors back. These issues led me to believe it was some type of glitch with the server saving and retrieving information.

Edited by BreakdanceJesus

It may or may not be hackers. In my experience the only times going to debug while joining a server is if you have really high ping at the time. Be it you are far from the server, or your wireless router is acting up or w/e. Usually when people get teleported to debug by a hacker, he will either kill you or take your stuff in front of you.

• Like 1

Mhm weird, never heard this before it usually happens when a hacker does it :S

thanks for the tips. I have been playing on low population servers. The teleport to debug zone ALWAYS happens upon logging into a new server (I only play official ones.) I will be totally fine on one server, log out for RL issues, and when i attempt to log back in, I will be naked in debug zone (this happens even on empty servers). Logging out and reconnecting, i will appear on the coast, still naked. All info seems to save (blood level, days alive, hunger, thirst, etc) but all my gear is gone, as is the backpack graphic on my survivors back. These issues led me to believe it was some type of glitch with the server saving and retrieving information.

This teleporting is fixed when using the newest version. Patch please.

This teleporting is fixed when using the newest version. Patch please.

The best would also be to use Dayz Commander instead of Sixlauncher when you use it.

I am using dayzcommander. I am also running the latest versions DayZ (1.7.2.6), and version 96984(5) of ARMA2. To add more clarity, if it helps... Upon logging in, i get the message "(playername) has died" but i am not dead. I am very much alive in a massive empty field i can only assume is the debug plains i have read about from other posts. The grid pattern that makes up my inventory is also gone, leaving a blank field where it should be. I am free to move, and have full functionality of my survivor. I understand it is possible to run back from this area, but without food or drink due to item deletion, it is not an option. Thank you again to all for any input/advice that can be offered!

Edited by BreakdanceJesus

This happened to me, lost everything but the clothes on my back.

Do you happen or did you happen to play OA or any other expansion prior to joining the server?

Only 2 dayz ago I played some of the OA campaign and found this is what caused the exact same ting to happen to me. Seems DayZ doesn't like it when you change mod/expansion.

Someone said you have to wait until BE fully initializes in the server start screen, then join once it's fully initialized.

All I know, is that it's happened to me twice in three days. One day I log out, the next I log back in with nothing, spawning on the coast without even a backpack.

Every time this has happened, I have had plenty of ammo, food, water bottles, bandages, map, etc. to live on my own for a while. Even had a vehicle once, and was headed toward a life of idyllic simplicity.

Edit: I do switch back and forth between Chernarus and Lingor, and play a Lingor Units server too.

Edited by Steve.C

Sorry Min, Dayz is the only mod i have played. I bought ARMA to solely play DayZ, and have never spent a second actually playing ARMA or any of its other mods. I am going to attempt to play only one server from here on out, and see if this occurs again. I will keep this thread updated with what happens so that others that experience this may be able to find a way to fix, or at least stop this from happening. If a Mod is reading, at this point it seems this would be better off in the troubleshooting forum... if you see fit.

It may have just been coincidence then Break, I just tried to make sense of it, same server I always play on, spawned in dead, spawned in debug wilderness, re-logged, spawned on coast without a thing. I did keep my ghillie suit tho, nothing else.