Machxin

Wipe the hive please.

Well, enjoy while ya can, the standalone wether you like it or not will suffer for your own pety greed.

Might aks yourself how a game gets 1.2 mill unique players and within a short period of time breaks down to 100k players at best.

Gaming communities that would rather be greedy and keep their little advantages while the game suffers bad press are fools that don't deserve a good game.

So enjoy your generic fps that has no real survival and enjoy being greedy to the point of killing a playerbase of 1.1 million that will look at the standalone as another bad purchase.

enjoy your duper clubs

I'm sorry, are you a developer? Please, tell me more about how your idea would make the game better...

If the devs wanted to do this, they will. Not because someone asked them to. There are massive repercussions from doing this, and the playerbase would suffer more than the people who just joined the game. And the hackers/dupers wouldn't be affected at all.

Here is my recommendation.. Everytime a major update is applied.. All character data is erased and everoyne starts out fresh. There are some games that do this for their Alpha and Betas.. why not Day Z?

• Like 2

Sometimes I wish people would spend five minutes thinking before starting threads.

Players who accumulated their gear in a legit way will lose hours of progress whereas the other half will script it back in. Now the legit player's gear quality will slowly go up from 2/10 while the scripter's gear is back at 10/10 after approximately 30 seconds.

It almost seems as if you're wanting to drop the soap on purpose because the pain brings you pleasure.

The scripters have completely ruined DayZ on the public hive anyways, so there's no point to do anything. At this point the devs could might aswell let everyone chose what equipment to start with, have everyone spawn in Cherno and name the mod "Dayz - Cherno DM", since it's a waste of time to do anything that requires more than 30-60 minutes of time thanks to the scripters.

I would recommend you to search for a private hive server. The one I play on is rarely plagued by scripters, and when it is, the admins will roll it back and ban the scripting cunts to minimize the damage. There's also less duping, combat logging and exploiting in general.

Well, enjoy while ya can, the standalone wether you like it or not will suffer for your own pety greed.

Might aks yourself how a game gets 1.2 mill unique players and within a short period of time breaks down to 100k players at best.

Gaming communities that would rather be greedy and keep their little advantages while the game suffers bad press are fools that don't deserve a good game.

So enjoy your generic fps that has no real survival and enjoy being greedy to the point of killing a playerbase of 1.1 million that will look at the standalone as another bad purchase.

enjoy your duper clubs

Don't post in the forums if you cannot have a real discussion with people. You completely ignored the points that was made in regards to how your perceived solution would fail to do anything save removing everything that legit players have earned. Greed? Are you serious? If you cannot respond to actual feedback in any other way than insults then perhaps you need to go and cool off before actually attempting to make a topic in the future, it's not going to win you any victory points, so to speak, to your argument if this is all you can muster up as a counter-argument to a correct assessment of what the result of your fix would be.

Until the loopholes that the hackers use to spawn gear and vehicles are plugged (sadly with a modified engine and not doable with a patch) there will be no point to any wipes but to waste work time for the people in charge of the hive.

Please take a step back and think a bit before insulting people you don't know for no reason at all.

Edit: Removed double quote, sorry guys.

Edited by johan

This thread summarized "oh god please no I care about my items too much, I refuse to loose anything during TESTING OF A GAME IN ALPHA STAGE"

Also loot inflation is rampart not because of the scripters but because of duping. And I don't believe that you people didn't take guns from other players either by trade or off their corpse. Chances are it's duped. I myself have as50+aws in my backpack and I'd be happy to see a hive wipe. Maybe for a week we wouldn't have 90% of players with supposedly rare weapons.

Also scripting and duping is here to stay. "after duping and scripting is fixed" means never.

• Like 2

Don't post in the forums if you cannot have a real discussion with people. You completely ignored the points that was made in regards to how your perceived solution would fail to do anything save removing everything that legit players have earned. Greed? Are you serious? If you cannot respond to actual feedback in any other way than insults then perhaps you need to go and cool off before actually attempting to make a topic in the future, it's not going to win you any victory points, so to speak, to your argument if this is all you can muster up as a counter-argument to a correct assessment of what the result of your fix would be.

Until the loopholes that the hackers use to spawn gear and vehicles are plugged (sadly with a modified engine and not doable with a patch) there will be no point to any wipes but to waste work time for the people in charge of the hive.

Please take a step back and think a bit before insulting people you don't know for no reason at all.

Edit: Removed double quote, sorry guys.

This will be my last response considering you being a hypocrite. None of my points were given cause for dismissal.

The opposing to mine was greed driven. 1.1 million players have not been back to this game. only 100k regularly plays now. Less than 10% of players now play due to game broedom, hacking, or just play disgust of the current product.

You say it would hurt legit players and dupers would just respawn them? I say every new player that comes in does not just face hackers, they face you greedy lot that would use your duped egar to killem them laugh it up and ruin another potential customer.

People can deal with being hacked, but a game based on survival, on looting and gaining equipment, with neither in it. Well ya just killed the core of the game.

This is not about your litle war against some hacker that pwned you and made you butthurt so now you want duped gear to shoot newbies on a beach. This is about new players sticking to the game and wanting to play the standalone by playing the game. Not looting a corpse or tent and going "well that is all done, guess I can go play another game now".

So next time you bring in your greedy crap, i answered your points fair.

Wipe: For weeks newbies face the majority of players on even footing and hackers and dupers plague them a bit and are able to find their own gear.

No wipe: Welcome to hell newbie, dupers, hackers run but everyone else has duped and hacked gear, you either die or reach endgame staus in 3 minutes.

There the answer I said multiple times, so read the posts next time.

1.1 million say your wrong, 1.1 million left because you are wrong, and 1.1 million will look at the standalone with contempt.

100k are left, and warz or some other fps will take from that.

50k players wont mean jack in the long run.

I am done with you as the greed blinds you to the plight that the game will face. Youc are nothign for the future of the game nor the community. Ya care for you and your duped out greedy buddies gear and dupe camps.

you aren;t worth my damn time.

Duping still works (confirmed full body dupe still works in the name of science, did it in debug and left all gear) so it will be a temporary fix to say the least. Until it is fixed all it will do is wipe legit players gear while exploiters will still exploit. Great idea for after these issues are fixed.

enjoy your duper clubs

You still don't get it, until duping is fixed the only people harmed are legit players. Once it is fixed I am all for a wipe, in fact I don't care if they wipe today I will go out and find legit gear or murder someone for their gear, I just realize that it will only punish legit players and within a week or two cheater will be back to their old ways.

Edit: read your other posts and someone doesn't get a few concepts. 100k players in last 24, that does not mean all 1.2 million are not playing just that only 100k were active in last 24 hours. Add into this equation private servers running chernarus and lingor (many vets now go private) and you have an incomplete picture of how many still play. Many like the concept but dislike all the problems and are waiting for standalone. Judging from your anger I would suggest doing that yourself, read the reviews and see if the issues you care about have been addressed before coming back.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

This thread summarized "oh god please no I care about my items too much, I refuse to loose anything during TESTING OF A GAME IN ALPHA STAGE"

Also loot inflation is rampart not because of the scripters but because of duping. And I don't believe that you people didn't take guns from other players either by trade or off their corpse. Chances are it's duped. I myself have as50+aws in my backpack and I'd be happy to see a hive wipe. Maybe for a week we wouldn't have 90% of players with supposedly rare weapons.

Also scripting and duping is here to stay. "after duping and scripting is fixed" means never.

So be part of the problem is your solution, drop the AWS man it is cheap as hell and we both know it. If you had a G36C SD I would care less because it offers no unfair advantage, but that AS50 with thermal is the cheapest gun in the game hands down. Go ahead and justify its use, but even you know it is cheap deep down.

Edit: May have read that post wrong and you have a L85 and AS50 in the backpack, sorry if that is the case.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

So be part of the problem is your solution, drop the AWS man it is cheap as hell and we both know it. If you had a G36C SD I would care less because it offers no unfair advantage, but that AS50 with thermal is the cheapest gun in the game hands down. Go ahead and justify its use, but even you know it is cheap deep down.

Edit: May have read that post wrong and you have a L85 and AS50 in the backpack, sorry if that is the case.

It's not as50 with thermo. I have both as50 and second gun L85A2 AWS. And yeah it's cheap. But everyone already has it. If I want to fight against organized groups I have to be at equal level. Wanna fix it, wipe the hive. It's gonna be weeks before everyone is packing as50+l85 again.

It's not as50 with thermo. I have both as50 and second gun L85A2 AWS. And yeah it's cheap. But everyone already has it. If I want to fight against organized groups I have to be at equal level. Wanna fix it, wipe the hive. It's gonna be weeks before everyone is packing as50+l85 again.

Yea I have the same setup, as long as you don't have the hacked AS50 then you really are on equal footing with high tier players. I just hate the thermal AS50 because it truly does break pvp, especially at night.

If a legit player is using dupe tents and dupe camps than he is not really legit, now is he?

Like I said, crying whienrs would be in here wanting their advntage over newbies. Get over it, for the good of the game this needs to be done. When you take out the scavnege and survive aspect of the game it is a generic fps at best.

lol are you stupid the legit player wouldnt and wiping the hive will still hurt the legit player a lot more then any hacker lol.

And I didn't say legit players have hacked tents jackass.

I have brought in 3 people to this game, out of these 3, 2 left after figuring out that it is pointless to search for loot when you can grab it off loaded corpses. They just went back to cs and l4d. Where ya egt the loot handed to you, like in Dayz right now.

The more people you lose in alpha the more you lose in standalone, if a game sucks to a player now, why would they not purchase something else when the time comes instead of trying out a standalone version of a game that they hated.

With Planetside, CS, and many other fps franchises and such dropping soon, stuff needs to change to give Dayz a good reputation.

I know a lot of left the Alpha Dayz but I know a lot of them will be back once the standalone is released and I know people do realize this is an alpha and a mod lol. I really dont think people are as dumb as you make them out to be and your putting way to much into a mod that is in alpha.

It does no harm to the legit player who works for their gear. It onyl does harm to dupers, and duped gear users.

Legit players, and I mean legit, do not get hurt by this. Now, the whole "legit" battle logging, as50 duped using, "im so legit but used dupe gear" players do get hurt.

You must be the dumbest player in these forums how does the wipe of the hive not hurt the legit player it does jackass since I am a legit player I dont like the idea having to spend many hours again to find gear where the hacker just creates it again in seconds and dupes it for his buddies.

It's makes no difference whatsoever?

Everything will be duped back in within a week?

The only thing wiping the hive will do is punish the legit players whom spent likely hundreds of hours building up to their current status.

Fix the root issues which cause this situation....THEN worry about wiping the hive and starting over.

BattleEye and the Hives need to work together. The second BattleEye breaks the hackers "BattleEye Bypassers" they need to tell whoever is in charge of the hives to wipe them. Bam a ton of hackers will try and dupe items, but their ByPassers will be broken, and they'll all be caught.

The only reason hackers still exist is because these guys are fucking moron slackers with no idea how to handle this stuff.

Its funny though how most of you have no fucking clue how hacks even work. They use a program that makes BattleEye completely useless, a "Bypasser" these Bypassers are fixed by BattleEye every few days, and when they're fixed they get a group of players banned before the hackers come out with another ByPasser. Rinse and repeat. So if they could stealthily fix the Bypass, at the same time as a hive wipe, there would be a huge amount of script kiddies banned.

-It's only Alpha

-It's only Beta

-Wait for next patch

>>Wait for standalone<<

-It just came out

-Your computer sucks

• Like 1

It does no harm to the legit player who works for their gear. It onyl does harm to dupers, and duped gear users.

Legit players, and I mean legit, do not get hurt by this. Now, the whole "legit" battle logging, as50 duped using, "im so legit but used dupe gear" players do get hurt.

How do you figure?

Any "legit" player that takes a single thing out of a tent, loots a single body, or accepts a bloodbag from a stranger is likely benefiting from the dupers and potentially the hackers. So unless you're willing to say you NEVER take anything out of tents or off dead bodies then you cannot claim to be a "legit" player. You are benefiting from this problem like 100% of other players.

Wiping the hive wouldn't stop this. Most people know about this loophole and a lot of people are abusing this. The duped gear will be back within a weeks time. The first decent weapon someone finds is going into a tent. After that, every time someone finds something good it's going to get duped. It won't take long. It'll take even less time if only one hacker spawns a single box of items on the server.

The only way to approach this issue is to fix ALL the known and potential duping methods, which I hope they're working on for the standalone because they probably can't change that much of the game without impacting the ArmA guys.

Until then, take the moral high ground and never loot anything other than loot spawns.. which could be suspect themselves for all you know. Better not try to loot cycle you dirty scoundrel. Better stick to looting zombies you kill.

Million of people also zip their dick up in their zipper, afterwards they sure as hell are more careful about zipping their dick up in their zipper.

If they feel it was not worth their time before, they won't buy it again. My two friends are more hyped for the warz now than dayz, and the warz hype machine will go up as more are shunned from dayz.

See, you assume it is about me, when it is about the image of Dayz, anyone will tell ya about the rampent hacking, the duping.

Now one is talking about "oh man found an ak74 yes!!! they say "rofl ak74 i got 5500 as50's *snort*.

Hurts the game, this is about the game, not you or me or anything else.

If it doesn't change other games will come, they will take the playerbase, this has been done before when EQ2 and Ultime Online shunned mmo players and they left for WoW in droves.

Derp. Nevermind. I believe we found the problem here.

Disregard! ABORT ABORT!

it would not stop the hackers/scripters persion even if they get banned because there are many that dont and or just make another accoutn and keep going because this is a battle that is fought forever. and to think wiping the server stops the hackers is stupid.

ITT people who have never played(or too young) a persistent game in alpha/beta stage. It's a common practice to wipe all data in those stages, so you can really test thoroughly.