I know that wolves, bears, and hostile boars have already been talked about, but what about snakes? They could range from harmless to killing you in a matter of minutes if you don't have anti-venom. If you get to close they could send of a signal such as a hiss, or a rattle if they have one. It would just be another thing to make the woods not as safe as everybody likes to think. Let me know what you think.

• Like 7

sometimes i could swear that I hear a rattle snake, just briefly as I'm running through the woods. Great idea.

A cold-blooded reptile? In Russia? I like the idea but it wouldn't work for Chernarus. I think that it would be a good idea if Lingor Island was implemented. It would have to take a while to develop. Once the bugs are all fixed, then snakes could be pretty interesting

• Like 2

one thing, they are hard, specially to animate, and all the animals appear to have bugged walk cycles, its like pre the horse in motion, if you know what i mean

Literal Plot to MGS3: Snake Eater.

• Travel through Soviet country.
  • Eat lots of Russian snakes.
  • Fight giant tank.

Seriously, that's the whole game.

Rattlesnakes are native to North and South America, though, so there wouldn't be any in Russia unless they were pets. Or shoes.

I did a google search for mentally advanced members of these forums

Snakes of Russia

Venemous snakes of European Russia:

Vipera berus

Vipera dinniki

Vipera lotievi

Vipera magnifica

Vipera orlovi

Vipera renardi

Posionous snakes of Russian Far East:

Gloydius blomhoffi

Gloydius halys

Gloydius intermedius

Gloydius saxatilis

Gloydius ussuriensis

Rhabdophis tigrinus

Vipera sachalinensis

Great idea. Would be fun to see how Electro camper gets bitten in the ass by poisonous snake.

Yeah, n1 Idea to prevent Campers.

10min sitting on the same XXX meters Radius the Snake comes to byte the Shit out of this Bandit/Murder camper! :D

Edited by DaGolem

Arghhhh stop. Google searches are so complicated!!!!!one!!!

Seriously..

I would like to see realistic wildlife. No red dead redemption with packs of 10 bears shit.

Most animals don't simply attack humans for the fun of it like bandits do. They are hunters and would only attack if provoked

Edited by Vindicator

We've got snakes even here in Norway, the Common European Viper. If you get bitten by one, you get painful swelling and sometimes nausea. In most cases people recover, but on rare occations it's lethal.

Actually there are quite a few poisonous snakes in Russia, at least if you go further East:

• Gloydius blomhoffi
  • Gloydius halys
  • Gloydius intermedius
  • Gloydius saxatilis
  • Gloydius ussuriensis
  • Rhabdophis tigrinus
  • Vipera sachalinensis

In Eastern Europe and further East, you may stumble upon these poisonous vipers:

• Long-nosed Adder
  • Pallas' Viper (Akistrodon halys)
  • Ursini's Viper (Vipera ursinii)
  • Nikolsky's Adder (Vipera nikolskii)

Thank you for both the positive and negative reviews, I don't know much about Russia, so I don't really know what kinds of animals populate it's forests. However I think that something should be put into the forests of Cherno to make them less friendly. The snake idea just popped into my head, and as far as I know it has not been mentioned (I apologize if somebody else came up with this before I did, I did not mean to steal your idea). As of now if you go into a forest on a low pop server you are almost entirely safe. The only thing you would ever have to worry about is snipers(and hackers, but theres nothing you can do about them). Putting some less then friendly animals could add more realism to the game, and more excitement. Imagine how terrifying it would be to be running in the woods at night with your friends when all of a sudden something from a snake to a bear attacks. It would help to turn DayZ into a truly terrifying game to play.

I know that wolves, bears, and hostile boars have already been talked about

That's all we really need.. That also gives us more food too.

Ticks should be implemented also. You lie in the woods for a period of time, you get yourself some ticks and get infected with meningitis or lyme disease...

You could skin the snake and use it as flask for your urine, after eating the bastard.

Seriously I like the idea, with venomous snakes... antidote should not be rare tho if the snakes are plentifull(not all venomous, but food) and death will come in minutes... Like its not rare in rl, can be found from every drugstore.

And the snakes should not be all over your ass if not provoked. I could piss it off by walking too close and stuff.

Edited by Zeppa