dappadan95

Bottled Water?

In countries with no proper drainage systems and frequent rainfall, there would be ponds everywhere.

Plus in a piss poor country like Chernarus there isn't going to be huge quantities of bottled water either... not with the abundance of wells that shows Chernarus has a good ground water table. Most countries don't consume a fraction of the amount of bottled water that America does, per capita, and the United States is barely in the top ten.

Also, when you walk into one of those supermarkets, those shelves are bare, and there's just a handful of stuff left over. Bottled water that was in the store would have been one of the very first things to be looted DURING the initial outbreak, long before survivors started washing up on the beach. You'd be more likely to find bottled water hidden in a basement, or in the wreckage of a car than in any of the little convenience stores.

That said... I still prefer canteens, but I always top off my thirst with a nice, warm cola.

That's exactly what I said - water is good for hydration but soft-drink would be highly valued for energy -- and as the person I quoted said, calories are calories.

Obviously in-game this isn't true though, as soft-drinks hydrate just as well as water and don't provide any calories.

Caffeine withdrawal? It's not heroin! Caffeine withdrawal causes slight headaches and irritability -- both of which you're already going to have in zombieland ;D Plus you've got to drink a damn lot of coke/pepsi to develop a caffeine dependence in the first place...

I'd be much more worried about "wood withdrawal" when all the canned goods run out and all the game has been hunted. Thankfully Chernarus' forests and stores are ever abundant.

Think about the people who have been alive for 30+ days...Come on, you know those bitches be craving soda lol.

I think they should stop all work on the standalone and focus on changing soda cans into water bottles.

• Like 1

Why not have some beer in the pubs/restaurants?

That was awesome in Jagged Alliance 2 - your character would get all down in the dumps about fighting and killing and being injured, so you'd temporarily get their morale back up by giving them beer so they'd fight properly again... until the hangover kicked in and they got worse than before.

My lazy brother has been living off soda for years now, seriously, we're thinking of planning an intervention. The average dayz character lives an hour apparently, i usually live for a week at on average. I think it would be entirely possible to live off soda for that amount of time, even without the 3 water bottles I usually have on me,

In fact..you wouldn't even need food, if you wanted it super realistic, why don't we just make it where you only really need water once every few days and food every couple of weeks, to survive on the lowest means possible.

Edited by Phillfxc

People. People! Control your shit! You're arguing over a trivial point in the game, get it together. There are far bigger issues to be discussed, for example how the FUCK am I expected to survive without coffee???

• Like 1

canteens are just as common as soda, if you dont want to drink soda pick up the fucking canteens.

you have a choice if you dont want to drink soda fucking dont.

I dont think you understand my point in real life there are not pond every five or ten mins

in real life you wouldnt run through a country in 30minutes, also you must live in the desert. i can get fresh water basically within 10minutes anyt direction i walk here.

Just a suggestion, why dont they add bottles of water? Im sure its better than drinking cans of pop which are not exactly the most healthy option to choose. I mean if you were in a survival situation you would not fill up on coke and pepsi you would take water it gives way more hydration than fizzy drinks! Yes you can get canteens but still...........

What do you think?

:facepalm:

If i got a gang of flesh eating infected after me and i need a drink do you really think I would give a fuck about my health!!!! :rolleyes:

Am alive would be a bonus in that situation!!! B)

This is a great idea and I threw you some beans OP. Have you put this in the suggesstion section where it kind of should be?

I am pretty sure he is saying to replace soda with water bottles. Therefor, you would get rid of the water bottle just like soda. Soda is unhealthy, at least how much we drink it in the game. Just a curious question is all..Why did they go with soda over water bottles?

I thought it was about adding bottled water for those that clearly don't want soda. I personally dont care as long as I have a drink when my icon flashes, but apparently to some people it matters.

Well, seeing as the only real food is steaks... I wouldn't be complaining about the choice of beverages. It's just a game ffs

*reads 1st page*

I WOULD LIKE IT MORE TO BE ABLE TO FILL EMPTY WHISKEY BOTTLES WITH WATER. ALSO TO BE ABLE TO DRINK WATER FROM PONDS/LAKES/WELLS WITHOUT A CANTEEN FOR FUCKS SAKE.

*reads 1st page*

I WOULD LIKE IT MORE TO BE ABLE TO FILL EMPTY WHISKEY BOTTLES WITH WATER. ALSO TO BE ABLE TO DRINK WATER FROM PONDS/LAKES/WELLS WITHOUT A CANTEEN FOR FUCKS SAKE.

plus beer, whiskey, and perhaps Kool Aid for the gansgtas

26587112.jpg

• Like 1

Lets add water purification tablets, filters, and cholera!!!111oneoene wheres the link to the "you have to shit and you can eat shit and it counts as murder from whoever's shit it is" post when you need it?

I dont think you understand my point in real life there are not pond every five or ten mins

This map is almost 100% accurate to a real life location in eastern Europe.

I thought it was about adding bottled water for those that clearly don't want soda. I personally dont care as long as I have a drink when my icon flashes, but apparently to some people it matters.

People are taking this too far. I am not trying to PUSH this over other ideas I have, but atm most ideas have already been stated. So why not just debate this one? Until jackass mcgee (bobdole) came thinking everybody is balls to the wall on this idea, it was pretty civilized. People on this community are just downright awful when it comes to civilization.

With that said, it is not like it would take hours to just add water bottles in. And as people keep trying to point out, why not drink from a pond..Well, it's pretty simple. CONTAMINATION. Ever watch the walking dead episode when the zombie is in the well and they decided they couldn't drink it? What if zombies bled into a pond and we didn't know? At least with a bottle of water we know what we are getting in to. It's just an idea guys, no need to get all upset over it.

People are taking this too far. I am not trying to PUSH this over other ideas I have, but atm most ideas have already been stated. So why not just debate this one? Until jackass mcgee (bobdole) came thinking everybody is balls to the wall on this idea, it was pretty civilized. People on this community are just downright awful when it comes to civilization.

With that said, it is not like it would take hours to just add water bottles in. And as people keep trying to point out, why not drink from a pond..Well, it's pretty simple. CONTAMINATION. Ever watch the walking dead episode when the zombie is in the well and they decided they couldn't drink it? What if zombies bled into a pond and we didn't know? At least with a bottle of water we know what we are getting in to. It's just an idea guys, no need to get all upset over it.

<_<

So, I'm guessing to keep the ultra-realism up, you have never refilled a canteen at a pond, in-game? Wells only?

BTW, I have lived on Mt. Dew for 20+ years, and doing just fine thanks. ;)