Rastamaus

Cannibalism

if we could add cannibalism, and meat going rotten is not implemented, we will see clans spawning and getting killed lots of time so they can start meat duping, hungry? just "sacrifice" yourself and get the loot from including the meat from it.

I think this is something that would enhance DayZ and if not eliminate at least reduce needless killings, i mean a fellas gotta eat right? beans

It's been suggested before. It just doesn't jive well. It's like adding rape to the game. Can you imagine the headlines?

"Millions swarm to new computer game that promotes rape and cannibalism"

It doesn't set DayZ up to get a good rep, and that's why it can't be added. There's just some places that video games can't go, and this is one of them.

Fallout never got that rep and there is slavery, cannibalism, prostitution, bounty hunting, dismemberment, raiding, conspiracy, and even mutated-inbred-satanic-hillbillies (FO:3 Point Lookout) I've never seen any news headline about it.

• Like 1

Food would have to be scarce. I mean currently you just walk into a supermarket like 'ErrrmEERRRRGEEERRRDD, BEANZ' and then walk out happy. I imagine water wouldn't be a problem but you would have to make food a lot less common so people actually focus on surviving instead of shooting new-spawns with their .50 BMG. But yeah... cannibalism... what bits do you eat and what bit's don't you? :o

• Like 1

Cannibalism is something usually done out of desperation but we know players will simply use it as another reason to kill a player or get a few extra points to their blood.

Cannibalism needs to have a heavy penalty like getting a disease

Example:

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder (brain disease) that was probably transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism. Kuru is a Fore word that means 'to shake' People with Kuru tremble and shake"

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Cannibalism

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder that is a type of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, caused by a prion found in humans.[1] The term "kuru" derives from the Fore word "kuria/guria" ("to shake"),[2] a reference to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease; it is also known among the Fore as the laughing sickness due to the pathologic bursts of laughter people would display when afflicted with the disease. It is now widely accepted that Kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism.[3]"

So if DayZ had Cannibalism there could a virus meter/number count of pathogen. When this numbers get to a certain count you start to get Kuru, which you can't cure. the shakes would be every so many minutes but heating human flesh to many times = constant tremors.

This means players would only do this- only when they are actually starving.

• Like 2

Food would have to be scarce. I mean currently you just walk into a supermarket like 'ErrrmEERRRRGEEERRRDD, BEANZ' and then walk out happy. I imagine water wouldn't be a problem but you would have to make food a lot less common so people actually focus on surviving instead of shooting new-spawns with their .50 BMG. But yeah... cannibalism... what bits do you eat and what bit's don't you? :o

Personally I'd happily eat tits, snatch and ass from a female, the sphincter could be used as a kind of chewing gum which has been scientifically proven to aid concentration, be great for all those hours camping on sniper hill.

Cock n balls for my dog, the rest I'd leave.

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 2

I'd eat the internal organs, offal being high in iron for blood replenishment and I'd crack open the bones for all that sweet high energy marrow.

Maybe a rump steak for the b-b-q and some roasted fingers and toes for snacking on later.

Cannibalism is something usually done out of desperation but we know players will simply use it as another reason to kill a player or get a few extra points to their blood.

Cannibalism needs to have a heavy penalty like getting a disease

Example:

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder (brain disease) that was probably transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism. Kuru is a Fore word that means 'to shake' People with Kuru tremble and shake"

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Cannibalism

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder that is a type of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, caused by a prion found in humans.[1] The term "kuru" derives from the Fore word "kuria/guria" ("to shake"),[2] a reference to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease; it is also known among the Fore as the laughing sickness due to the pathologic bursts of laughter people would display when afflicted with the disease. It is now widely accepted that Kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism.[3]"

So if DayZ had Cannibalism there could a virus meter/number count of pathogen. When this numbers get to a certain count you start to get Kuru, which you can't cure. the shakes would be every so many minutes but heating human flesh to many times = constant tremors.

This means players would only do this- only when they are actually starving.

Adding Kuru/laughing sickness would be an ideal way to balance this out a bit, the shakes could be incurable and maybe even add some random ticks and involuntary vocal sounds which could betray your position, it would make eating other players something you'd have to think very carefully about. On the one hand it may save your life but the penalty would be a real handicap on future survival.

Edited by Rastamaus

No one is munching on my cock! You set of sick feckers! I'll wager not one of you is a vegetarian! All fine arms and legs but what about the anal area? Would you like to turn that into a cusion? I've heard humans are just like pork!

Eating people, what has the world come to?

This would be a great thing to add. It should lower your humanity more than killing someone (Considering humanity will be in the standalone, just without the skins) and human flesh should be just as good as other food. It should be gruesome, a gutted corpse should be something you don't wanna see.

• Like 1

Maybie implement a shivering 4 one hour or something...., eating human flesh must have a negative consequence, and should be the last thing to do to survive.... (and lowers your humanity to the bottom of hell^^), or other players can see it because of blood all over your cloth, or you get bloodlined eyes or something like that

Perhaps make it as a simple progression system.

eating one serving probably wouldn't affect you to terribly badly. (Can't say I've never eaten someone) So if you eat one person for survival, yeah your humanity takes a hit but you can still play it off to others that your perfectly sane. Then as you continue to feed (if you do) you slowly begin to gain little shivers and the occasional out burst. Till you become a twitching,hysterically laughing, manic, sociopath. Probably based on no prior knowledge or research after your 4th or 5th body you get to there.

Also, I think humanity lost should be based on how low your hunger is at the time. Granted it will be a very low drop no matter what, but say if your at the brink of death it'll only drop a quarter way then as if you weren't really hungry at all, and it drops to negative infinity. Also, I'm not sure about the actual effects of kuru but I think that feeding should (somewhat) reduce the shaking/laughing. Not completely but a little bit.

Also if eating flesh cures hunger perhaps there could be a separate option to drink blood to cure thirst? I have absolutely no knowledge if that would work or not. Just saying.

• Like 1

Perhaps make it as a simple progression system.

eating one serving probably wouldn't affect you to terribly badly. (Can't say I've never eaten someone) So if you eat one person for survival, yeah your humanity takes a hit but you can still play it off to others that your perfectly sane. Then as you continue to feed (if you do) you slowly begin to gain little shivers and the occasional out burst. Till you become a twitching,hysterically laughing, manic, sociopath. Probably based on no prior knowledge or research after your 4th or 5th body you get to there.

Also, I think humanity lost should be based on how low your hunger is at the time. Granted it will be a very low drop no matter what, but say if your at the brink of death it'll only drop a quarter way then as if you weren't really hungry at all, and it drops to negative infinity. Also, I'm not sure about the actual effects of kuru but I think that feeding should (somewhat) reduce the shaking/laughing. Not completely but a little bit.

Also if eating flesh cures hunger perhaps there could be a separate option to drink blood to cure thirst? I have absolutely no knowledge if that would work or not. Just saying.

you'd need to be extemely hungry, maybe the sight of human fleash would be repugnant to a player making him unable to eat it unless his hunger is at very close to zero. This would limit killing for meat and make it a bit more believable.

• Like 1

you'd need to be extemely hungry, maybe the sight of human fleash would be repugnant to a player making him unable to eat it unless his hunger is at very close to zero. This would limit killing for meat and make it a bit more believable.

with the addition of infectious diseases this activity would become even more risky, even though cooking the flesh should make it safe to eat the act of butchering the carcass could expose the player to any infections present

Edited by Rastamaus

Yeah, with the addition of disease cannibalism is just getting more and more interesting (as a game mechanic :) )!

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 1

I love the idea of the dead body aging. And to be completely honest, I can see many people actually thinking twice before eating another survivor, as I see so many people take their actions to heart in this game. Anyway, I'd love to see this implemented. Hopefully it does :)

Nice suggestion.

• Like 1

I'm not sure this has been posted.What about that if you were starving you would lose around 400 humanity and if you eat human when not starving you will lose 800 humanity. And you get the shakes when you eat human for around 1-2 hours unless you take antibiotics. So when you eat to much human meat you become a cannibal. I'm not sure about the texture of the cannibal, but he would always have the shakes unless he/she takes antibiotics that lasts 1-2 hours so that the player should use melee weapons which adds slightly more melee damage. The player always in crouch. Only eats human unless they want to get sick The player should move faster than an ordinary survivors. The only "cures" for cannibalism is to take loads of antibiotics or eat lots of ordinary food.

Edited by DragoKnight

my favourite cannibal scene in a movie is the cellar scene from 'The road', where a group of cannibals have imprisoned a bunch of survivors and keep them as a kind of living larder. They just come and take limbs and stuff from them whenever they fancy a roast.

Be sweet if in dayz you could keep other survivors like that, be able to remove limbs to eat but treat them with bandages/blood/morphine so they don't die. it would be up to their clan mates to come and rescue them or they just have to wait until they eventually do die after say 3 limbs are taken.

Edited by wabbit

very old thread\[=

'-]p/.;0l,ok9imj8unh7yb g6tvfrcdetbhuyjnimko,l.;/'kmnjubhyvgtcfrxds

sorry was wiping juice off my key-board ^

ahem

This feature is already in many sub mods