Im a bandit because i killed two guys taking potshots at me in Cherno, rage quit when my skin changed.

Logged back in, liked the bandit skin better than the survivor skin and then embraced my new life as a scumbag.

Long ago, at the beginning of time, there was the Great Bean.

The Great Bean created the skies and the Earth. The Great Bean placed the sun in the sky and the birds in the air. The Great Bean even made mankind, his favored creation; and the Great Bean gifted mankind with his children, the Baked Beans, packaged in tin cans, for man to feed on. For generations, man happily feasted on the canned beans gifted to them by the Great Bean. People were well-fed and happy. Things were good.

Then came the Uneating. Obesity became socially unacceptable. Skinny was the new sexy. Worst of all, people stopped eating beans.

The Great Bean was angered. Mankind had refused his gift, and in the process, they had strayed from the path he had set for them. As punishment, the Great Bean set a plague onto the land - a disease that gave men insatiable hunger, so that they would turn on and consume one another. Only the bean farmers, the Great Bean's chosen people, were spared this disease.

I am an Acolyte of the Bean, a member of the Order of the Haricot, part of the Church of the Holy Tin Can. It is the Church's belief that the only way to end the plague is to gather all of the cans of baked beans in Chernarus and place them in a pile on the southern coast. If we pray at this altar of beans, the Great Bean will realize that we have rejected the Uneating and once again deserve to be in his good graces.

tl;dr: I kill players for their beans

A couple of my buddies and I live as nomads all around the north, away from zombies, away from other bloodthirsty men that inhabit the earth. Hunt animals by day, loot by night. It is the simple life and it works. I personally avoid all survivors aside from HIGHLY trusted people.

I don't kill people. I think it's genuinly more fun not to do so, no matter how many times I get killed.

I think PvP is a core feature of this mod, but I find it heartless, and find more joy in helping people out.

Simply becouse I believe in unity, and I believe that cooperation is what makes man great. It's when we cooperate we shine, when we fight, we loose.

I might return fire though, but so far, I haven't fired a single shot towards any humanoid not moaning.

I generally do not tend to trust people other than the group I'm playing with, but if people are friendly towards us or do not show any real hostility, then I'll leave em be.

The wild life on chern however, is not safe, let that be said!

Eh, I'm generally a good guy, mainly cause I do the survivalist SHTF scenarios in real life, it's generally the people that help other people but don't get overly helpful that come out on top.

That being said, I see bandits in chat, and I hunt them down, but they usually Alt-f4 when I get the jump on them.

I kill everyone I see cause its fun.

Often make nerds cry. Least they act that way in chat.

Only bandit in the north with people i know IRL.

Do it for the rush. Always on the lookout for prize kills (say hello, Freebourne).

Tonic is on top of my list (probably safe now that there is an ANZ server). Will obviously have to head-shot because of the prize kills using the alt-F4 method.

I capped Jackson Bill the other day after he downed MR DELIGHTFUL. His little survivor face didn't know what hit it. But I did. It was a bullet.

I started out trying to co-operate with a few people. It went relatively well, until I had two guys who attempted to gun me down at a gas station after I picked up a supply they wanted. Unfortunately they were terrible shots and I ended up getting bandit status after killing them both. Ever since then its been a vicious cycle of having to shoot first to survive since everyone guns for you no questions asked when you are a bandit.

tl;dr I'm a bandit and I just want love :(

I either get really bored and go to kill some people or someone just shoots at me and I kill them. Then I get bandit skin and just say fuck it and shoot anyone I see who isn't friendly and/or in the server's Teamspeak. I'm usually fine on supplies unless I somehow need ammo, food, or I see someone with a gun I want.

If I'm desperate for supplies I may kill another survivor otherwise I try to avoid all contact. When I stumble across another player whilst looting a building I will generally open fire. I don't know what's going through his mind and my survival is paramount. If some survivor walks by without seeing me I will generally let them pass.

I play how I would be like in real life, I give people a chance but as soon as they do something to cause me to mistrust, I will either watch them closely or shoot them on the spot.

Luckily I do more good deeds than bad so I'm not a bandit but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I do.

I also don't understand the "I kill for supplies" reason, I have never had trouble finding enough supplies, in fact right now I am in abundance of food and water which were all acquired through non-violent means.

I'd definitely kill a stranger for a painkillers if I had difficulty finding some.

Well I try to be friendly but sometimes there are just some people too stupid to let live.

I have come up with my golden rule involving people inland and a shoot on site policy under certain circumstances which is based on a few things I have noticed.

1. Most new players or well meaning players talk in side chat and are usually pretty open about what they are doing and their general location (sometimes they tell too much)

Note: most newer players are nice, maybe just because they are too nervous to piss people off on the server or they don't want to kill someone and get shit on forever. Whatever the reason they can usually be trusted so long as you are actively helping them.

2. People who don't talk at least every now or then are usually trying to be unnoticed for a reason and are presumed hostile.

3. Once you are further inland you shoot on site. similar to point 1 most of the newer people and friendlies tend to stick to the coast, the further inland you go the fewer people there are but no one there talks nor do they really like people in "their" territory.

In general avoid people who are not actively participating in a bigger chat because people talking together will get to like one another but people not participating tend to be very solitary and don't like to advertise their nature to the entire server and usually don't have time or the inclination for small talk.

I love to pvp, but not for the emotional rush of griefing. I do it for the challenge and the test of skill. I love that there are psycho griefers on the server because it makes it way more exciting and tense, but I would never want to be one. Griefing is actually one of the most boring things you can do in dayz. You sit on a hill or rooftop near cherno or elektro and just pop noobs running along the street with a sniper. Yawn, it's like those popcap games for 'casual gamers' where you just have to click on objects that appear on your screen. Not what I bought a gaming rig for.

When I pvp I target bandits only because A) they are usually able to defend themselves and or hide, making it a challenge, and B) shooting someone in the face counts as implicit consent to be shot in the face by others and pvp, like sex, should be between consenting adults. I do also enjoy roleplaying the good old 'shield of hope' character (to use a fallout karma rank) just because that is what most fiction has instilled in me as the way to be. I would also love to roleplay an evil bastard sometimes, but so few games support that and ones that do are already overrun with them to the point of it being an evil villains convention.

After surviving for almost 24 hours, the paranoia of being killed and losing all of your progress starts to kick in. For that reason I mainly just avoid people altogether. If I need to go into a town for supplies/ammo, I'll often find myself sitting ~1km out scoping out my surrounds for around 10mins. If I see a survivor I'll just lay there watch them to see how they interact with their environment/fellow survivors and proceed from there.

I don't participate in mindless/unnecessary killing as I find it un-immersive and not in the spirit of the whole survival concept (I have no problem with people who murder for survival, however). I also have no problem with shooting first if someone is a direct threat; or if they are broadcasting their 'PvP skillz' in global and are a known murderer.

Overall with gear so easily accessible in the world I don't really find it beneficial to be made a public enemy of the server just for a few STANAG mags or steaks from someone who is ignorant of your presence anyway. IMO it's better to be known as a friendly to the neutral players as the bandits would kill you regardless of humanity. The less hostiles the better.

As Jester said after many hours alive and a good loot to carry around (gps-nv-m4)

you getting paranoid!!!

I do try to avoid people....and i do shoot bandits on sight.

Alright, here's my story -

at the Start, i tried being Friendly, untill i got shoot Ruthlessly a couple of times, but it did not stop me from being "Friendly"

now, instead most of the people who Shoot on Sight, and say its for supplies, i try to give the guy a chance, and Rob him instead of killing the fella.

the only Problem is that i never succeeded in robbing without making it end in a bloodbath, the players simply doesnt understand that i gave them life instead of death, and they try to shoot me or run away...

so sad :\

I kill anyone that is dressed up as a bandit. If I see survivors I run away immediately. I have 5 real life friends who play this with me too so they are the only ones I trust. I cannot risk walking close to a survivor because I may be the first person he's met, and then shoot me for my beans or the Lee Enfield that's sticking out of my back.

Same as many others, I just generally avoid normal survivors and shoot bandits on sight, because they are nasties all of them and deserve no less. There's no good guy gregs amongst bandits, even though some of them claim so. :)

Same as many others' date=' I just generally avoid normal survivors and shoot bandits on sight, because they are nasties all of them and deserve no less. There's no good guy gregs amongst bandits, even though some of them claim so. :)

[/quote']

dont you think its a bit harsh? what if the Bandit is simply a survivor who ran across an other surviver who tried to kill him and failed?

RamBo' pid='14602' dateline='1336669502']

dont you think its a bit harsh? what if the Bandit is simply a survivor who ran across an other surviver who tried to kill him and failed?

Nope, not in the least. Given how fast humanity currently regens, it's absolutely trivial to sweat off the humanity hit of even a couple of murders in an hour or two. So in order to remain a bandit, you really need to be killing normal survivors at a regular basis.

The odds that the bandit you're killing just happens to be one those many alleged "self defence killers" who've just recently turned bandit are pretty damn slim, so 99 % of the time, you're shooting a killer who deserves nothing less.

--

Though I have to say that the whole bandit skin system should go, makes things way too boring to be able to tell the killers right away from their looks.