PresidentEvil

they should make non PVP servers!!

How exactly do you expect to sneak up on us with that volume of whining?

Go back to your mom's basement, kid, you're clearly not offing anyone.

You're only limited by "everyone else's creativity" if you're an idiot.

This is not a game where every other player is your friend. You're in direct competition with them. If you can't deal with that, then you need to play something else.

I suggest Peggle, in your case.

Whats with all the hatred? If I have the option to play COOP or Single player games I can avoid angry people like you. Is that why your overly mad and name calling?

• Like 1

Yup.. that's because we're just out to ruin other peoples day by shooting them.... in a video game no less.

I get the feeling that a lot of these people who are against pvp (or want a choice) never played any organized sports (there are exceptions of course).

Yea. How dare people have different choices as to how they get entertained. Fuck those assholes.

For the record I called him a troll and/or retarded cause he (and you now) have completely misunderstood and blatantly ignored pretty much everything I've said in almost every post I've made so far. Including several times of copying and pasting it, making it larger print, and stating it in a variety of ways. It's laughable at this point.

And you've willfully ignored the fact the people that make the game want it to be perma pvp...

Go whinge about something else.

And you've willfully ignored the fact the people that make the game want it to be perma pvp...

Go whinge about something else.

http://www.thefreedi...ary.com/suggest

sug·gest sug·gest·ed, sug·gest·ing, sug·gests

1. To offer for consideration or action; propose: suggest things for children to do; suggested that we take a walk.

Edited by Brandnew11980

A suggestion that would radically alter the whole game. Changing it into something that the very people that make it have rules prohibiting people from doing so on their servers.

At this point it must be willful ignorance.

Edited by Dankine

A suggestion that would radically alter the whole game. Changing it into something that the very people that make it have rules prohibiting people from doing so on their servers.

Are we still talking about having non PvP servers? As long as the server is seperate and you can't carry things across from these servers to PvP server (Carry your character across), it won't change the game at all.

• Like 1

How dare people have different choices as to how they get entertained.

you have a choice. it's the choice to play a different game

At this point it must be willful ignorance.

I've been lurking the forums for a bit now, but decided to make an account just to tell you how much of an ignorant and shallow-minded person you are. THANK GOD you are not developing this game, cause you'd run it straight to the ground.

The OP, much like myself and others, would like to have THE OPTION, I REPEAT, THE OPTION, to play on PvE servers. As long as they kept the servers separate character-wise, this would be a damn good idea.

I'm trying to keep my sentences short so your short attention span won't run out so you'll read the whole thing, but if I've said to much, let me know and I'll dumb it down for you.

• Like 1

The option that the devs (the people who ARE developing the game) don't want you to have. It's really that simple. You think they're running it into the ground too? With nearly 1.2m unique keys out there?

DayZ has PVP at its core. I really don't see where the difficulty in understanding this is, and realising this is how the devs want it.

Edited by Dankine

I've been lurking the forums for a bit now, but decided to make an account just to insult you

* fixed *

Nice one there bro, you're pretty clever.

Says the person abusing the people who have the same view as the devs. Rich?

Edited by Dankine

Says the person abusing the people who have the same view as the devs. Rich?

Are you asking me if I'm rich...? Humm...

Anyways, I didn't realize you were a Dev for the game, sorry for insulting you good sir...

You mean to tell me that the devs are willing to ignore GOOD suggestions like this to satisfy snobs like yourself? I'm sorry, but if they really want the game to be successful, then they need to adhere to suggestions like these. I'm not saying they should implement EVERY suggestion, but when something like this pops up, it is only hurting them to ignore it, not saying they are..

• Like 1

You seem to be one of the few intellectual people in this thread. Hats off to you good sir.

• Like 1

Are you asking me if I'm rich...? Humm...

No, that seems to have gone right over your head.

Anyways, I didn't realize you were a Dev for the game, sorry for insulting you good sir...

Never said I was, or anything even like it.

You mean to tell me that the devs are willing to ignore GOOD suggestions like this to satisfy snobs like yourself? I'm sorry, but if they really want the game to be successful, then they need to adhere to suggestions like these. I'm not saying they should implement EVERY suggestion, but when something like this pops up, it is only hurting them to ignore it, not saying they are..

It isn't a good suggestion. It is a fundamental change in the game.

Eitherway, they made the choice because of how THEY want the game to be. Something you and your ilk are having an exceptionally hard time accepting. Back to false sense of entitlement it seems. "It must be the way I want it, regardless of how those actually making it want to be"

Edited by Dankine

No, that seems to have gone right over your head.

Never said I was, or anything even like it.

It isn't a good suggestion. Eitherway, they made the choice because of how THEY want the game to be. Something you and your ilk are having an exceptionally hard time accepting. Back to false sense of entitlement it seems. "It must be the way I want it, regardless of how those actually making it want to be"

Clearly you don't understand sarcasm, cause that "clearly went over your head"

The game is in Alpha stage, you mean to tell me the game is right where they want it already? I find that hard to believe.

The game is in Alpha stage, you mean to tell me the game is right where they want it already? I find that hard to believe.

The fundamentals are probably pretty concrete yeah...

You're acting as if your suggestion is of the same order as some tweak.

What I do.

If I want to play with friendlies I play with my bros on teamspeak.

If I want to team up with friendly strangers I go to Cherno, because that's where there's most players. Ofcause populated areas mean lots of bandits, so you got to keep the eyes in the back of your head open, avoid being an easy target for snipers and be readdy to run at any moment.

If I want to play PvE I switch to a night server.

You seem to be one of the few intellectual people in this thread. Hats off to you good sir.

I tried I really did. It's raining buckets of whatthefuck in this thread.

The fundamentals are probably pretty concrete yeah...

You're acting as if your suggestion is of the same order as some tweak.

That's EXACTLY what it is, a simple tweak. To allow the ADDITION of PvE servers AS WELL as PvP servers. It is merely an option. Much like you have the option to play either Co-Op or PvP on MMO's.

That's EXACTLY what it is, a simple tweak. To allow the ADDITION of PvE servers AS WELL as PvP servers. It is merely an option. Much like you have the option to play either Co-Op or PvP on MMO's.

Nope. It is a fundamental change in the rules of the world. A change the devs seem to not want people doing. That's the important part.

DayZ is a game with pvp, because the devs want it that way. Why is this so hard to grasp?

From the server hosting rules thread:

14. PVP is enabled at all times no matter the rpg element the admin tries to set.

They. Want. PVP. On.

Edited by Dankine

It isn't a good suggestion. It is a fundamental change in the game.

:facepalm:

Changes are bad mmkayyyy.

Edited by Brandnew11980
  • Like 1

Nope. It is a fundamental change in the rules of the world. A change the devs seem to not want people doing. That's the important part.

DayZ is a game with pvp, because the devs want it that way. Why is this so hard to grasp?

From the server hosting rules thread:

14. PVP is enabled at all times no matter the rpg element the admin tries to set.

They. Want. PVP. On.

Funny cause I don't remember the OP ever mentioning anything about changing...

The OP is suggesting ADDING, NOT changing.

I'm not understanding why you're so against this. We aren't forcing you to play on PvE servers, so why are you forcing everyone to play PvP?

• Like 1

Funny cause I don't remember the OP ever mentioning anything about changing...

The OP is suggesting ADDING, NOT changing.

I'm not understanding why you're so against this. We aren't forcing you to play on PvE servers, so why are you forcing everyone to play PvP?

Adding an option to change...however you try to dress it up you are advocating changing a fundamental rule of the game world.

I'm against it because that isn't the way the people who make the game want the game to be firstly. That and, as I've said so many times in this thread, this epidemic of dumbed down idiot friendly games is having a seriously detrimental effect on the industry. An effect that some games (DayZ included) are pushing back against, and then people like you want to add it to the problem.

I'm not forcing everyone to play pvp, the game has pvp. If you don't like it, find an empty server or don't play. Or, god forbid, be smart enough to not get into situations where you'll be shot.

Edited by Dankine

Adding an option to change...however you try to dress it up you are advocating changing a fundamental rule of the game world.

I'm against it because that isn't the way the people who make the game want the game to be firstly. That and, as I've said so many times in this thread, this epidemic of dumbed down idiot friendly games is having a seriously detrimental effect on the industry. An effect that some games (DayZ included) are pushing back against, and then people like you want to add it to the problem. If you don't like PVP, find an empty server, or don't play. Or, god forbid, be smart enough to not get into situations where you'll be shot.

How would added Co-Op servers, "dumb the game down"? If anything, it'd enhance playability cause I'd have the option to go in PvP servers when I'm in the mood and shoot everyone to my hearts content. On the other hand, when I'm not in the mood to deal with people like you.....I can go play with my friends, or go meet new people on PvE servers and perhaps enhance my abilities to play, or get to know the map more.