omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Day 60: Tips and Tricks (with my survival path)

GOD MODE HACKER

(why no smoke nades, those things are godly)

Edited by Buffjesus

GOD MODE HACKER

(why no smoke nades, those things are godly)

What's the advantage behind them?

What's the advantage behind them?

zombies are attracted to the smoke

if you want something, through a smoke in the opposite direction and ez strut your way in while all the zombies are standing in the smoke nade.

if you throw one while at a crash site every zombie runs to it and stands there until you leave. dont have to worry about them clawing your ass as youre looting :P

Edited by Buffjesus

zombies are attracted to the smoke

if you want something, through a smoke in the opposite direction and ez strut your way in while all the zombies are standing in the smoke nade.

if you throw one while at a crash site every zombie runs to it and stands there until you leave. dont have to worry about them clawing your ass as youre looting :P

But it's really conspicuous to other players...

But it's really conspicuous to other players...

theyll be seeing/hearing the zombies running / yelling anyway

and if theyre sniping theyll have noticed zombies are spawned in the town and be looking also

dunno, i love em <3

theyll be seeing/hearing the zombies running / yelling anyway

and if theyre sniping theyll have noticed zombies are spawned in the town and be looking also

dunno, i love em <3

I'll pick up the next one I find. I'll carry one and see how that goes.

Haters gonna hate - you're winning on your own terms. Cheers omgwtfbbq, thanks for the informative post, and congrats.

Congratulation, you know how to use Microsoft paint.

You are the king.... I bow to your prowess......... now go find an empty server somewhere and make us all even more proud.

You're 43? Really?

I just thought you were an extremely literate 11 year old...

• Like 1

Kudos on the decent information. Its helpful.

But "surviving for 60 days" while playing/item farming on relatively unpopulated servers. I don't know if I'd call that "surviving" or "Playing DayZ". Given that players are the main source of tension/death, especially around sites where anything decent spawns...

It's sort of like making a post with information about how to overcome social anxiety by holding a party...where no one was invited and no one attended.

I.e: I think you're missing the point of why surviving for a long time is impressive.

/not that one can survive more than a day or so playing dayz at the moment. So I suppose there is that....

Edited by ACow

Kudos on the decent information. Its helpful.

But "surviving for 60 days" while playing/item farming on relatively unpopulated servers. I don't know if I'd call that "surviving" or "Playing DayZ". Given that players are the main source of tension/death, especially around sites where anything decent spawns...

It's sort of like making a post with information about how to overcome social anxiety by holding a party...where no one was invited and no one attended.

I.e: I think you're missing the point of why surviving for a long time is impressive.

/not that one can survive more than a day or so playing dayz at the moment. So I suppose there is that....

Players reduce lifespan. The solution is simple. Avoid players.

Surviving over 1 week makes people believe that you aren't really playing the game. All the hackers and dupers and snipers make everyone think you're playing the game like a pussy, when really, you aren't. Everyone doubts you.

Yes it does make you look like a pussy, 60 days, 92 zombie kills , 0 bandits, 0 murders

Helicopters are now ALMOST ALWAYS in player camps. Not once have I seen a helicopter in its spawn point.

I call this bullshit, before patch 1.7.6.2 I was fixing, flying and crashing about 3 helicopters a day, 6 out of 10 servers the helicopter was on the island, you are just not trying hard enough or your just scared of the island.

Ghillie Suits guarantee that people will try to kill you on sight. I have been shot at numerous times since I got my Ghillie suit, and I expect to be shot many more times. (No, I don't ALT+F4. I just run away in zigzags. All the people that have been shooting at me have had shitty aim. I'm sure if someone with good aim comes along, they're going to get me.)

I call bullshit again, there is no way in hell in 60 days you didn't encounter at least one decent sniper, zigzaging is not as effective as you think, all he has to do is lead you for a few seconds than calculate the position and take the shot, in 60 days you will get at least one shot on you, this is FACT

I wish I could see my own stats. I want to know how far I've run! (No, I'm not a statwhore (lol) but I'm curious as to what it would be.) The only thing I don't have is a radio, but hey, I'm open to anybody donating one!

You are a stat whore and your whole post proves it, you go around avoiding players and play on low populated servers and try to avoid any kind of dangerous encounter just to get a "high score" , as a previous poster said you are no better than the BF3 players that reset there stats.

Player camps are no longer at the edges of the map, but rather in the middle of forests in the middle or western parts of the map.

Again... you are not trying hard enough, I have 7 servers with about 4 big camps and other smaller camps at the edges of the map, there are camps even near the PBX spawn point.

All this posts shows is some common knowledge in a decent format with bullet points and a structure to make it look more "insightful" and the rest is just "look at me, LOOK AT ME"

Edited by str33tsuite
  • Like 1

I dont belive you. If you played for 60 days and killed only 90 zmobies than i must say to you that you didnt play at all. you didnt do it, or you done it with loging in for few sec every day.

tips are good, they are mention in many treads but puting them in new treads is good, becouse ppl dont like to search for answers.

Edited by director
  • Like 1

I dont belive you. If you played for 60 days and killed only 90 zmobies than i must say to you that you didnt play at all. you didnt do it, or you done it with loging in for few sec every day.

tips are good, they are mention in many treads but puting them in new treads is good, becouse ppl dont like to search for answers.

Seems that you proved fact #1

I like how many people get butthurt when another player doesn't play like an idiot.

Maybe we should write the Manly Man's Guide to DayZ Survival. Should be pretty short... just one bullet point: "RUN AROUND IN CHERNO LIKE A TARD, BECAUSE THAT'S MANLY"

I'm at about 15 days with 120ish zombie kills and several engagements against players, and also several teleports to the coast. Current life started with no starter gear (killed on loading).

Edited by Just a Goat

60 days and only 92 zombie kills?

I guess I like to kill zombies more than other people, lol.

I didnt realise there was a particular style of play that was "right"?

All this hate just because you play your way and the heroes who get more kills trying to slate you.

I have played multiple ways and if the "correct" way is to survive, which funnily enough is what the whole point of the experience is, then low zombie kills and staying away from bandits is the best way to go.

I've survived for 40 odd days with 70 or so zombie kills and also 2 days with 200 zombie kills - so which one is the best way? I know which is the most fun.

To be honest zombie kills are pointless because they respawn - if you could clear out an area then all well and good.

This is the same sort of argument about bandit or survivor - to each his own.

As soon as the thread was started I knew there would be hate posts back. Its to be expected when your boasting about stats where all you have done is avoid everyone and alt+f4 to hackers. Its nothing difficult so no need to boast about it. But I dont really care.

FACTS:

• The rarest gear in the game IS rare, contrary to the popular belief that everyone is carrying it. Finding things like a GPS or a Ghillie Suit is hell, because the chance of finding them without killing anybody or raiding a player camp (AKA where they spawn) is very very small.

TIPS AND TRICKS:

• Lying down while being shot at by another player reduces the chance of them hitting you. Not a guarantee, but it usually works. Especially works in open fields, where you don't have any cover. Lie down and face your aggressor. Instant makeshift cover. (Once again, this isn't a guarantee that they won't hit you, but it makes you a smaller target. Think of someone standing upright in a field, versus the head and shoulders on the ground.)

• Ghillies can be found VERY often in the civilian flats as in Berezino.

• Lying down is almost suicide, since you're a 'static' target now, capable of SLOW moving only, and while facing your enemy your head is the only thing that may be hit. Death is standing right next to you.

Oh, and btw., regarding Z-kills after a few days: usually, my murder count is higher than my Zombie kill count. While it's easy to avoid and get rid of Zeds, it's not that easy to avoid other players, and shooting first, asking later is VERY helpful. If I kill 1 Zed per day, it's much. Observe and be careful.

Edited by silenced

• Ghillies can be found VERY often in the civilian flats as in Berezino.

• Lying down is almost suicide, since you're a 'static' target now, capable of SLOW moving only, and while facing your enemy your head is the only thing that may be hit. Death is standing right next to you.

It took me 40 days of constant searching, hitting high-value residential spawns and medium-value residential spawns several times to find a Ghillie Suit. They aren't rare. Or rather, I'm not lucky. There is a less that 1% chance that it'll spawn in a 7% military gear loot spawn that is only there 50% of the time. Figure out the real percentage of finding a Ghillie Suit.

As for the tip, you don't have to follow it or like it, but it IS a tactic used in real life battle. Hell, it's even in ArmA 2 campaign. Notice how you're almost always in big open fields? You're supposed to lie down when being shot, as it makes you a smaller target.

Thanks for the feedback, though.