rocket

IF this was an actual game...

How would you rather pay for it?

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

If standalone: Medium prized one time price to aquire game +

Equal monthly fee to "wow sized maps" as most mmo`s have today.

-or-

Enough monthly fee to support official servers+support/updates

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

Only as dlc/expansion

- Free to play, buy your shit?--- `nuff said <_< Have not liked it in any game so far, feels like being forced to buy to enjoy it.

- Something else?

If made standalone:

Release skinpacks as dlc (thinking character cusomization, i.e each clothing part, facial, hair, hight, weight and so on.)

Should generate extra cash for company and give player a chance to have unique chars and a chance to recognize friends by looks)

Also:

- Community developed or studio developed?

As is now.

Is YOUR creation, but you seem to take a look on community ideas and critisism on things. (if you manage to sift through all kiddie talk and find relevant info that is)

- Community or studio servers? or both?

Yours, (Studio I supose)

- Kickstarter? or not?

Not sure what this is, and slightly too lazy to look it up.

Edited by Caine Hollow

Shit is gettin serious.

If this was made as a stand alone game, or as part of some particular existing game, what kind of consumer model would you want to play it on?

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

- Free to play, buy your shit?

- Something else?

Also:

- Kickstarter? or not?

Please try and stick to short sentences, its much easier for me to get broad feedback.

Game purchase only, or Free to play with skins/maybe guns purchaseable (no ghillie suits though, just certain camo that may or may not be an advantage.

Studio Developed, with input from the community, and not just the vocal majority.

Community servers, it allows for people to have a "home server" and enjoy themselves like that, and have an affinity to one specific server.

One time payment with expansion packs that give longevity to the game yes (no dlc please, just new map/weapon/skin/vehicles packs)

Yes, feedback improves games, we don't want rehashes of COD or battlefield, they're done to death. Likewise if the game became another stalker/metro it would be the same thing. It has to be unique yet bigger.

Both, I live all the way down in Singapore and I have to host my own server which is incredibly expensive compared to prices in US where you can just buy slots and updates and software and support is instananeous. Server support on my end takes days to approve and update. Its rediculous even though we have fibreoptic internet, besides playing at 200ping vs 6ping. Its a BIG difference for pvp and the time it takes for zeds to fall over and die.

Game Purchase only

no free to play or micro transactions

no monthly fee

Studio Developed

Both community and studio servers

Yes kickstarter would be great

minecraft model of cheap game license during alpha testing works too

I suggest partner up with Valve.

DotA 2 business model:

Free to play, cosmetics items ( clothing / sun glasses / emblems / gun camo / tattoos / bag desings / etc...) vs standard designed items.

some cheaper items may be looted by other players.

Studio developed and Studio servers.

or

Stand alone.

One time purchase, Several maps on release with a specific character playable on specific map - transferable through payment.

Develop as you see fit.

Studio servers.

Kickstarter if you need to.

If you looked at this post and use any of the idea in here, all I ask for is that you engrave my username in building somewhere in a map.

Make sure to somehow differentiate it from what the folks at Undead Labs are making.

Edited by Asaiah08

I would also say that if it goes standalone, it needs to stay at the same System Requirements so everyone who can run it now, will be able to run it when it really hits its full version.

That would give everyone the opportunity to play DayZ at its best, rather than being left behind due to their computers ability to keep up- one of the main issues with many people when it comes to PC gaming.

• Like 1

I really hope the final release to be a one-time payment only, I don't care if it cost $100, as long as I can buy it and play all I want, a monthly fee would suck. Money shouldn't be involved inside gameplay.

Edited by sebastian.w

Game purchase only. (I do not see the players here really paying monthly. Also doing a F2P would kill how the world works and people who pay would end up ruling the servers and people who wouldn't pay would suffer and possibly just quit)

Studio developed. (I see taking QA material and opinions from your customers but a professional development team can be better suited then the random individuals that have the skills to develop from the outside. not always true but the resources and connections available help a studio.)

Kickstarter.

Edited by D4saken1

If this game is done right! I believe on it's success it would be a F2P Standalone Game of the year'SSSSSS. Look at how many people you have collected already. You'd have enough money to make toliet paper rolls!

Totally F2P, wouldnt want it no other way!

But if I had to pay to play I would. Depending if the game is done sort of the way I imagine it could be. And if it blew away my expectations away.

1. Buy the game and then its free to play (as you said, like guild wars and arma2,etc..)

2. Stay away from Free to Play model, as it always ends up being about grind and having to buy other crap

I honestly like it as it is now, but if dayz started on its own engine and released as its own game or something, then I would def just want a ONE TIME BUY and free to play. I hate Free to play games with a passion (Tribes is about the only decent one but even then there is some annoying aspects).

Keep DAYZ free to play after buying!!! PLEASE!

I would pay a retail price and/or a subscription. It all depends on the content.

If it's F2P as long as it's not pay-to-win I don't care. Sell anything purely visual that doesn't give an advantage in the game for all I care. Sell anything out-of-game that doesn't give an advantage, clan sites with clan and player statistics driven by the database. Give yourself exclusive rights to connect servers to the HIVE and sell server instances yourself.

The second someone buys a weapon, ghillie suit, GPS, NVG, super food, a potion that makes better loot spawn more often, vehicles, etc. it will destroy the fun for me.

Edited by thekab

F2P > Game-Purchase (F2P only if the purchased content does not affect the balance of the game: cosmetic, etc.)

Studio Developed

Kickstarter, for sure

- Game purchase with Monthly fee

- Community and Studio developed.

- Kickstarter -- sure!

Game purchase with moderate monthly fee will give developers more reasons to work at their best to earn solid money.

Community is what makes a game's ecosystem viable. I guess it would unrational to refuse voluntary help of skilled modellers or designers for example.

Kickstarter is a good option for raising starting capital =)

- Game purchase with Monthly fee - Only if the game received monthly updates and content. else a one-off payments.

- Community developed if one-off payment, or studio if purchase with a monthly fee.

- Kickstarter -- definitely.

Also, should have done a poll perhaps?

My vote:

- Standalone

- Keep the same engine (but heavily modified). The Arma 2 engine isn't perfect, but there's not many more engines out there that are great for gigantic areas with no loading times. Plus you guys are pretty familiar with it by now. Just need some reworking on the AI.

- New map (multiple maps?). Thinking an island in Alaska, and an island in the Caribbean or Indian Ocean. Maybe a bigger map, too, for bigger servers (islands though so people stop going off map) :P

- Allow non-hive servers (and characters aren't transferable to hive servers, period)

- Allow built-in modding support

- Kickstarter would work great! I'll be in for a digital copy of the game ($30) downloadable through steam (or $50 and I get a loot map sent to my house too) :D

I know you want to go the Minecraft route, and that also should work pretty well, but no reason why you can't still do a Kickstarter too!

But please, please god, make it downloadable through Steam, so I don't have to install patches and stuff. That's a huge hurdle for most people (especially people who aren't administrators on their PC). Or people who didn't grow up with computers in the 90s, and don't know how to install things in general... sigh.

I think the game should have the same purchase model as Guild Wars, I really hate the monthly fee model, and you maybe want to go like minecraft did, make it cheap early in development and then up the price when you reach certain milestones.

Also, I think it should be studio developed but the community should have a lot of influence, it's the voice of the community that can tell you what the game really needs.

I am very looking forward to having a full on DayZ experience with it's own client, and hopefully running on the Arma 3 enigne, which looks amazing!

EDIT: Kickstarter, yeah I think this would work very well, since I'm 90% sure that allmost everyone who enjoys DayZ is willing to spend a little extra cash on it, and via kickstarter, we might get some little extra things, and that wouldn't be so bad for us too :)

Edited by Cayote

One time purchase.

Ported to the Arma 3 engine, either included with the game, as a DLC for a reasonable price, or stand-alone for a bit more than a DLC since it won't require us to buy Arma 3.

Possible addon/dlc purchases for the game, but nothing to really change stuff in-game, more like a golden donator star in the player list or things like that. I think if you do special skins for sale they should only effect the default civ skin and shouldn't camouflage anymore than the default one. - These purchases would help pay for Hive cost.

I would like to see you stay as the lead dev, and if you choose a studio I would like you to stay with BI hopefully, maybe they can support you with some money to hire a few devs of your choice that you trust to stay true to the vision of the project.

I am totally cool with a Kickstarter, as long as the rewards have like a pre-order for the game and maybe cool things like DayZ shirts.

Edit: Oh yeah community servers with reserved slots please. Maybe have a minimum number of slots you must host before you can add reserved slots. Like now with min being 40, say you want 5 reserved slots? You will have to host a 45 slot server then.

Also if you guys make enough off like donator stars or skins like I said above maybe host some studio run servers as well.

Edited by HoboNinja

- Game purchase only (Guild Wars stylez)

absolutley NOOOO to free to play. Okay?

Also:

- studio developed

- studio servers or both. But studio servers for most. so no abusy admins or timezone change

- Kickstarter

Edited by evkol001

Game purchase only

Community servers!

Beside the hackers-part, its win-win. Will keep the game alive forever + make LAN parties so much better.

Imagine hosting a lan party with friends, start a fresh Dayz server, split into 2 teams and go crazy hoarding vehicles and what not. Currently only people with expensive rented dayz servers can do that.

split community and studio servers, like battleNet does. Play around on your own server with friends and a seperate character, or play "online" on the official studio servers.

plz no monthly subscriptions,

would be happy to pay 60 bucks if it came to it worth the 200 hours so far for 30 bucks

do it whatever way is best !

I would like to see game purchase only.

Also:

Studio developed would be my preferred method.

Given that studio based server would require you vast amounts of money I would like to see community based servers.

I do not have a problem with DayZ doing a Kickstarter. Money in hand would help you and give you the leverage needed in getting a publisher/studio or other stuff.