rocket

IF this was an actual game...

For the record, the idea of paying for loot makes my skin crawl and want to punch the wall. But a lot of studios prefer that model because it SOUNDS free to the customer. So the customer plays it, then ends up spending more than a monthly fee. But it destroys any sense of balancing and.. .ugh... I can't even talk about it the idea of it makes me so angry.

I will not play this game if it becomes pay to win.

Considering the style of the game at the moment, I think a large proportion of your player base will feel the same way.

IMO what I would like to see is:

» Purchase once, no subscription model.

» MAYBE a cash shop for cosmetic items. COSMETIC ONLY!

» Kickstarter sounds good. If you can stay independant, I think it would be better for you. Even if there's not that much benefit for the development process, the community will appreciate you more if you're not owned by a major game distributor.

For me,

I'd prefer the game be purchased with extremely limited microtransactions, limited to clothing only. I'd prefer that a studio develop the game that has the size and scale to make sure the game gets the development and resources it deserves. I'm not sure kickstarter is needed really, someone like Valve should just come along and help the dev team make this into a stand alone product. Provide the resources to polish and technical expertise on the more difficult aspects of development. That's just me though.

Game purchase, no monthly fee. Unless you have plans on making this an MMORPG, I won't pay you a monthly fee. I would, however, have no problem contributing to a server I enjoy playing on. I also won't play a pay to win game.

Studio developed. I think the community has good ideas and it's nice when we're listened to, but we also complain about some pretty silly shit, especially before we get used to something.

Oh, and stop hoarding the animals.

Edited by Shock4ndAwe

free forever, one time fee, or a one time fee AND if you already bought arma 2 oa and all of that you should get it free.

- One time purchase

Most cosmetic changes do have advantages/disadvantages making f2p with cosmetic store messy

for me either something like mine craft where you pay a small amount to support the Alpha project and get whatever updates eg start @ $15 stage one something like Alpha, $20 stage 2 ( beta ), $30 stage 3 ( released )

or something like Guild Wars you would charge x amount for the game once released and then have a cash shop for cosmetic stuff like gear looks etc... tbh once you have a option to buy guns, cars, petrol etc.. with $ you doomed unless you can have diff type of servers where people that buy with $ cant join the ones that dont want pay to win.

Tbh something what League of Legends does would be perfect ( for me the best F2P micro transaction around ), people could buy skins/looks, gear, anything that doest really gives an advantage.

I would like to see a model like this :

One time purchase ~€29,95(medium priced) with permanent access

Option to pay ~€3,95 a month for a premium package (get faster load times , and prioritization when joining a server queue or something of that regard).

I wouldn't mind centralized database or community database , but at least go trough a quality check before accepting servers.

One time purchase for core game with buy to play map packs that include new weapons, npcs and vehicles every six months or so to keep the game feeling fresh. Maybe bring on Coke, Pepsi, Red Bull or other outside money as a source of income for the Dev team, could have ingame billboards and of course consumables promoting the real life companies products that also exist ingame.

Just no F2P crap where little kiddies with a parents credit card can buy high end weapons and such, that would undermine everything that makes this game good.

Honestly, do this as you really think it must be done, this mod is being made from your decisions and its taking the right way, so keep taking the decisions by yourself

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez) No purchase, monthly fee.

- Community developed or studio developed? Both

- Community or studio servers? or both? Both

- Kickstarter? or not?Definitely!

If your sticking with BI(and I hope you are) work out the bugs with Arma 2 and release it as an expansion pack for Arma 3 similar to PMC and BAF. Also stick with community servers. Out of curiosity, what other engine could handle the size required while keeping the same visual fidelity outside of the Real Virtuality?

Skipping 37pages:

- You forgot an option! Get advertisement MoneyZ from the companies that make the products that you have put into the game!

- Free-to-Play, model with customization options, clothing (no in game benefits please!)

- If i have to, BuyToPlay, but i would be taking a good look at the game, and you would have to be a lot less fague in where this game is heading.

- In regards to servers: Both 'official' as well as 'community servers', for official servers try and get worldwide coverage with atleast 4 servers on every continent, and have these set each to one of the difficulty settings (recruit, regular, veteran, expert). Have somebody in charge of them and have them check the community servers regulary, if there are a lot of veteran/expert servers on that continent, set the veteran/expert servers to recruit and regular. Making sure 'you' atleast cover every difficulty level.

- Realy try and get companies to pay you advertisement money, Pepsi, Coke, Bean Manufacturers etc. look at every item in the game, find people that make them, 'brand'them and have those companies pay 'you' for it !

- development for the DayZ mod on Arma2, use the community to make assets for an eventual DayZ map, http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/627-what-should-our-next-competition-be/page__st__40#entry256589 and take a good look through the ideas section, there are some realy good ideas in there! Try and get the Mod as far as you can, and leave a stable product behind (possibly a port to Arma3), you somewhat owe the Arma2 engine your success and just ditching it for some other engine will come to haunt you! (if only in your sleep)

- Development for DayZ stand alone. Do some good engine research, building it all from scratch is a shit ton of work and requires a whole studio. Pick a better suited engine (with dev tools) and you can have the community pitch in, creating content, while you keep 'the say' over what makes it in. Dare i say something with good physics build in, so you can build & destroy things!

- lastly think of what made this mod/game grow and become so popular, 'us' , not what may make you the most money, just look at all the games that have money as their priority, and where it took them, isn't the opposite what drove you to make this game? or atleast what made it grow so fast and become popular ;) ... (and THAT will get you alot of money anyways ;) )

NO buying items of any kind. That ruins it, and is why I like this game... No people just spawning and buying night vision and an m240. I think there should be servers run by the community, just like it is now. And maybe one or two servers owned from the studio. and no monthly fees, one game purchase. But that would be IF it was a stand alone game. I would much rather have it continue to be a mod.

• Like 1

IF this was an actual game, i'd not buy it if i have to pay for stuff in game, or monthly

only one-time payment

since this is not an mmo, no progression and perma death, and server capabilites are at about 100 players, i'd see no reason to give 15$ a month

neither would i like to see people magically getting guns at spawn or similar because they pay money for ingame stuff, just makes no sense in the game since its an survival

and dear god, dont port over to DayZ becoming an arma3 mod and THEN releasing DayZ as a standalone game, do one of these, so people dont pay double

edit: also, if you'd make this a standalone game, shit gets serious, people would have real reason to flame when the game would still be as son-of-a-gun-bugged as now

Edited by Zombo

Game purchase only. Monthly fee is the pitts, micro trans are even worse :)

Edited by Hetstaine

Game purchase only.

Studio developed (That means you do still look at community suggestions right =p ?)

Both studio and community servers, but just have a few standard studio servers and have the majority be community.

I don't know what this kickstarter thing is but don't do it if they are going to "have a say" or something...

Edited by Aseliot

Keep it as part of arma, perhaps a standalone expansion in the arma series or DLC for arma 3. Make sure the Arma name is attached somehow, dayZ wouldn't be possible without it! Don't forget your roots! Also, I dont think a monthly fee would fly. Allow cosmetic purchases only. It would help individual players become more indentifiable and trust me, it would sustain the game for a long time.

I'd prefer the game purchase only. As the game currently is, I wouldn't pay though. Its great in all but I've had my fill.

Game Purchase only (Freemium on DayZ would be terrible)

Kickstarter would be good

Shit is gettin serious.

If this was made as a stand alone game, or as part of some particular existing game, what kind of consumer model would you want to play it on?

How would you rather pay for it?

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

- Free to play, buy your shit?

- Something else?

Also:

- Community developed or studio developed?

- Community or studio servers? or both?

- Kickstarter? or not?

Please try and stick to short sentences, its much easier for me to get broad feedback.

Personally?

I would prefer:

* A single purchase for the game/mod (would pay whether game OR mod!)

* Would be happy to pay for new maps, but not happy to see people being able to BUY better guns, wouldn't be realistic, and would give folks with more $ an advantage! Unfair ;) Whereas if everyone on ANY GIVEN MAP, had the exact same content/chances, but each new map cost a few $$ extra, fair enuf!

* Community of Studio Dev is a tough one - Studio could be more polished, but I kinda LOVE the anarchic nature of DayZ, you have an atmosphere to the game that really hits the spot ;) - A little concerned that a Studio may ruin that and make it too 'Hollywood'.

Game Purchase only. WITH pay for skins on gear, clothes, characters. Does not change any gameplay or balance but simply cosmetic. People will pay for that.

Studio developed.

Community hosted servers

Game purchase.

Possible in-game store similar to TF2

-Game based on a more suitable and modern game engine.

-Multiple maps on release (city map, country map, desert map, etc)

-Game able to handle highly detailed cities without 25fps

-Better sound design

-All new models & weapons, more civilian based

-Cover system

-In game local voip- if you find walkie talkies, ranged VOIP.

Think of Resident Evil, except DayZ'd.

Studio designed for sure.

Map editing tools and moddable.

Also please improve multiplayer a lot. One of the features that should be standard these days is a system like most valve games, where if you do not have the content the server has, it downloads it for you right there.

• Like 1

Free, with paid-for new maps.

1. This gets cheap-o-gamers to keep in the game i.e. same community level

2. This gets a constant stream of income as you develop new maps. Sure you could get $60 in one fell swoop, or $10 / X number months between releases for years.

3. People can still play with their indecisive friends because they can play on the starting maps, which should be good enough to play on constantly

4. People will then buy the maps their friends like the best and join them there

5. People who hate certain maps don't have to buy it

6. On and on goodness with respect to the playerbase who have already 'purchased' DayZ (by purchasing Arma2)

Of course the greedy capitalist says take $60 on the hype of the game and fly with it.

• Like 1