rocket

IF this was an actual game...

ONE TIME FEE why pay monthly for a FPS and a purely cosmetic skin store any other items will turn this into a wallet warrior game.

im all for the mod being on arma 3 but dont take it away from arma 2 i already have to play on low settings arma 3 will kill my pc

Edited by SurvivorMichael

I bought Combined Op's and PMC just for this mod, and couldn't be happier. Spent $40 on a game that I've spent countless hours playing, meanwhile there are thousands of $60 plus games on the market with 6-12 hours of single player content, and horrible tacked on multiplayer that isn't even worth finding a match for. When I buy a game I only really consider enjoyment factor, and hours of entertainment to dollars spent on the game.

Standalone with DLC later to prolong game life and revenue works, but certain publishers have abused this practice, and the gamer community is bitter to this practice. Having it as DLC on Arma 3 works fine for me, they should provide a great backbone for your game. With a standalone game, dedicated persistent servers cost money, possibly a lower initial cost with a very minimal monthly subscription cost would work. Again, not a huge fan of a monthly subscription fee, and it would likely keep some people away. A Minecraft model would work as well, I'd pay to play in Beta. I sort of paid to play in Alpha, and I'm happy. A Kickstarter, Wasteland 2 model would work as well. I know I'd donate for a copy of the game. F2P sucks.

Obviously making it DLC for Arma 3 would require less resources, time, and personal to make. Standalone would probably require a developer, unless a Kickstarter, or possibly a Minecraft model worked out really well initially. Which it probably would. Being backed by a big Developer and Publisher does increase the likelihood of creating a unique gaming experience, and the popularity of this mod ensures they'll back your game. Honestly it doesn't matter to me how it gets made, as long as you have complete control over your product. What you've done with this mod is unbelievable, and I would hate for some external force like EA to get involved and destroy what could have been.

From your posts that I've read it's obvious you're a great guy, and a gamer who created a mod for the love of the game. It wasn't about money, but you now have the rare opportunity to possibly make a living doing something you love, and deserve it. As long as you have creative control, we the gamers, who love gaming, we'll all win.

Edited by moisan4
  • Like 1

-game purchase only

-studio developed with some community input (too much and it will ruin the game)

-both community and studio servers (although studio servers shouldn't really be necessary)

-i'd donate a little if you did a kickstarter thing (yes to kickstarter)

-also, later down the road, you could do 1 or 2 DLC's with a new map for each plus different vehicles and/or guns. $15-20 (USD) would be a fair price for each

Edited by oh_fudge

Game purchase only.

Studio Developed.

Kickstarter.

How would you rather pay for it?

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

- PLEASE NO Free to play Shit, you lose many player with Free to Play Shit.

Also:

- Community developed or studio developed? -> Studio

- Community or studio servers? or both? -> Community oder both, Studio servers only is not ok.

- Kickstarter? or not? Yes, Kickstarter.

Edited by MrLiNk

How about the game is free... but you pay 50p for each character respawn (i.e.) when you die.....

Game purchase only.

Studio.

Kickstarter.

Also, Rocket, please, take it off of the Arma engine, its total shit.

I'd suggest to use the development model they use for Project CARS. It's a bit hard to explain so just look at their website: http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

Scroll down to "PROJECT CARS" TOOLS & PERKS..."

The Game is made by their studio but with feedback of the community as they're able to play at least one new dev bulid per month. Works quite well, the game is getting better and better. :) And the people like the direct contact with the devs.

Also you should really not make this game F2P. Ingame purchases make this game Pay2Win and this would be horribly wrong and the death ot the game. >:(

The final product should be sold without any additional fees (As you said: "Guild Wars" Style). Just make sure you keep updating the game and support it for a long time and sales will keep comming over a long time.

Maybe add some modding ability which can only be used on private community servers to not destroy the vanilla feeling. Thats another point in keeping the sales comming. You can actually see this in this very case with ARMA II and Dayz. :)

If it becomes a full standalone game, I think it would be best as a purchase of just the game and no montly fee.

BUT, if you go with a system that allows players to buy things with real money you might make more cash, allowing other players to continue playing for free. BUT, there might be a problem with any kind of balance between those with spending money and those without.

But I perfer a single purchase to play. Just my opinion. I'd probably pay a montly fee if it wasn't insane.

Shit is gettin serious.

If this was made as a stand alone game, or as part of some particular existing game, what kind of consumer model would you want to play it on?

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

- Free to play, buy your shit?

- Something else?

Also:

- Community developed or studio developed?

- Community or studio servers? or both?

- Kickstarter? or not?

Please try and stick to short sentences, its much easier for me to get broad feedback.

Good question.

- Game purchase only -, the fps model of renting servers. Also the option of PVE and PVP modes would be nice, gear not carrying from one to the other though.

Free to play buy your shit model is a good model, and will grow in the future, major problem it attracts hackers, and if the bought gear is giving too much of an advantage then it gives poorer players a kick in the teeth. Not to mention those that dont pay, the game time doubles on finding things purely because they dont want to spend money on an in-game item, them buying the game they can understand. Apb is a good game to look at for why this works, and really doesnt.

With the current viral sense of this game, some clever marketing and this game could pop huge. With polish this game could define its own genre. So that being said, - Studio developed, with a lot of community freedom -. Bethesda or valve style I guess.

Sorry for not keeping it too short. DLCs could also be a great thing for the release of this game. But I would think it would have to wait for arma dlcs, large new maps etc.

Game purchase only.

Studio developed, but with strong community ties (just like Bohemia Interactive)

Kickstarter, sure why not?

And if you need extra funding for running the game after release, just release DLC-packs like Bohemia does.

Also, anything to run a tight ship is good. Control servers, ban cheaters, all that needs a studio.

Shit is gettin serious.

If this was made as a stand alone game, or as part of some particular existing game, what kind of consumer model would you want to play it on?

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

- Free to play, buy your shit?

- Something else?

Also:

- Community developed or studio developed?

- Community or studio servers? or both?

- Kickstarter? or not?

Please try and stick to short sentences, its much easier for me to get broad feedback.

I hated the wow style of monthly payment and thats why i never played it.And if you have in game purchase for stuff you will create have's and have-not's, as the wealthy can do what they like and the poor cant afford the best gear etc

Studio developed but with interaction from the community, bit of both

Servers atm doesn't really work despite the rules from dayz people and admins still doing what they like (lack of updating and patching etc) so id have to say Studio Servers

Part of the attraction for me and my friends is its all out there you just have to put the work in to finding it ... and keeping it .

- Minecraft monetization model: Commit to payment during Alpha/Beta/Get Full version when its done. After release pay higher price for full version.

- Studio / fixed developer team (as is now)

- Both but be more stringent on definition of official servers, NO fragmentation

- Kickstarter only if no other payment model is of interest

- Steam Greenlight!

Edited by Lukio

If you had to go down this route:

-Standalone purchase

-Studio developed with some community inputs

-Both studio and community servers.

AND, lets not forget

it MUST be heavily MODDABLE..... tsk, tsk, tsk.

I would DEF not purchase if MODS were not supported and encouraged.

Next post is 666, topic is old and rocket already chose. Nice pointless resurrection btw.

EDIT: damn you yim.

Edited by DeadManDan

Wow-style

Quality comes first, so I’m willing to pay per month if the “new born company” can maintain high quality servers (and yes only them standing for the servers), with no abuse and clans camps and loots stayed intact. So players can be guaranteed their time spent weren’t in vain.

Both

Though keep the all code and scripting to the studio, and take advantage of the good/bad ideas the community gives about design choices etc. And maybe have the community to create a bunch of houses you can visit.

Next post is 666, topic is old and rocket already chose. Nice pointless resurrection btw.

EDIT: damn you yim.

muahahahahhaha...

:P

I would pay for a stand alone title say £30-£50 , for the base game .

I would also be prepared to pay for extras in the way of DLC .

I hope that you can continue with your project the way you imagined it from the outstart with all the cool extras that have been suggested since, or any ideas that your twisted fucked up mind has come up with also.

I would like to say stay away from the big money devs , but i know that isint gonna happen.Whatever you do i wish you and your team all the best as its one hell of a game by anybodys reckoning.

Sell out to the big global games company ,make us all a really quality game , take the money and go buy your coke and women and lambo , hell id love a night out with you if that ever happend !

Do it this way and make an absolute fortune , THEN go make us another game with your new found wealth . A game that you want to do free from any backers and free from there constant need to make money, free from the presure such things inevitably bring , a bit like george lucas did with STAR WARS . Do it the right way to begin with then take a line or two and tell them to fuck off with the money and presure.

Hell ROCKET whatever you do , do it , us the community matter yeah sure , the big game devs matter for sure , but this was your vision your baby , see it through and lets see what happens after it.

I am looking foward to the future of you game developments a great deal.Make the necessary decision and dont feel to bad about where it takes you , life is just one big game anyway RIGHT ?

Game purchase

Studio developed

At least another map!

Kickstarter if you need money put more ads in the game, i would like to drink a red bull ingame^^

Released as free ArmA 3 expansion,

Community developed

Not as kickstarter

As an Arrma series veteran, i'd like to see it remain as an Arma mod... and would happily pay for it as a Addon type deal.

I will never pay for any monthly type service. I'll just never do that, ever.

Pay for your gear... would seemingly destroy the whole concept of the game.. the fun is building your character through taking risks and hard work, just buying your gear would not appeal to me.

That is all :)