bobeats

Goodbye DayZ and Hackers

...I really am upset that I'm not going to play it anymore as there's nothing else out there like it. But after THREE of my decent geared characters that I put a lot of time into were killed by hackers Im not coming back. Hope you all have fun, maybe when DayZ is released as standalone and maybe a new anti-cheat system it won't be so bad and I may give it another go. I doubt it though because there will always be hackers no matter what game you play...

You're right, there usually is hackers no matter what game you play but if you're going to run away from games just because there's hackers, why bother playing any game? I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to leave the game, because that decision is yours alone to make. I just find it a bit disappointing to read that someone is so willing to give up a game they love for a reason like this. Almost all of us have been affected by hacking at one stage or another and, for the most part, it's about finding a server with diligent admin who can help keep on top of banning and reporting things to Battleye, etc. The servers I play on (managed by the same admin) has been so on top of hacking that it has reduced dramatically - Battleye picks up a lot, too, before it happens. That's nto to say hacking is non-existent on those servers, but it's far less common than it was a few weeks/months ago.

I'm not saying that being hacked is this joyful experience and that you shouldn't hate it. I know the feelings you go through when your time is essentially thrown in the bin. Having said that, the times when I log in and achieve what I wanted to do with friends (or solo) without being interrupted by hackers (or managing to best them, despite their hacking attempts), have been that much more awesome and glorious.

There are good servers out there, with some pretty good admin out there who want to ensure players have a good, hack-free (as much as possible) experience - you just have to do a bit of shopping around, before you consider all of them "not playable."

In this mod, the trees can kill you, chickens can break your legs...

One must be a very unfortunate player if a tree or chicken has managed to break legs or kill.

fact: it is not worth playing anymore

if you like the game how it is, fine. But dont you dare tell people they are stupid because they cant bare this alpha and free shit.

shit is still shit even if its free shit or in alpha state shit.

Ironic, really, that you tell people not to dare tell others they're stupid for their own opinion, yet you spread your own like it's a "fact."

Just because you consider the game not worth playing any more does not make it a fact. Speak for yourself, next time.

• Like 3

The amount of uninformed people in this thread suprises me! If you expect a mod to be bug free and especially hacker free, you are a n00b.

Standalone will addres hacking and fix bugs, so wait for standalone!

Hackers have no honor. And do themselves a disservice in destroying the immersion of the game.

When I get killed and restart it's a challenge. I also enjoy the challenege of getting my kit back together.

I feel sorry for those who think a shortcut is fun.

• Like 2

Best of luck OP. Hopefully we'll see you again at standalone. Feel free to ignore the completely retarded trolltards hating on your farewell, they were simply brought up in rough homes.

i never saw that rocket told ppl in interwievs that mode is full of hackers and that they cant solve problem unitl standalone. But he in all interwievs tells ppl that they need to buy Arma 2 + Arma OA. So it isnt for free, we pay to test hes mode. Only those who bought Arma becouse of Arma are playing for free but that is maybe 10% of ppl who play dayz.

TL;DR edition: QQ hackers killed me before someone sniped me

Really, you do not go into DayZ expecting not to die. Resign yourself to the fact you can die at any second for any reason or don't play.

YOU need to resign yourself that people actually want to play a game, not go into a game where they don't even get to play it properly due to some 13 year old in his parents basement wacking off to his griefing of other people. That's like going into a game of CoD and dying because a tree fell from the sky, on the console. That's not supposed to happen, and you bet your ass they're going to QQ about it. The same goes for Dayz, just because it's a mod doesn't give it an excuse what so ever to have any less standards of a normal game, especially when it's being developed into a real game.

Hackers getting really annyoing. I have no problems if I die (even when I have very good gear) as long as I am killed by normal players not hackers. Lost full gear 3 times in a row because of hackers. I dont want to play this game anymore. There is no point if you only get killed by hackers. No motivation, no fun. Hopefully the standalone will make this better, otherwise the game is completly useless and will die.

YOU need to resign yourself that people actually want to play a game, not go into a game where they don't even get to play it properly due to some 13 year old in his parents basement wacking off to his griefing of other people. That's like going into a game of CoD and dying because a tree fell from the sky, on the console. That's not supposed to happen, and you bet your ass they're going to QQ about it. The same goes for Dayz, just because it's a mod doesn't give it an excuse what so ever to have any less standards of a normal game, especially when it's being developed into a real game.

You see, when you make a reply without reading the entire thread, you look silly.

I already said that I'm not expecting him to just tut and be on his merry way. I'm saying getting so pissed at it you actually take the time to make a thread about it is stupid, especially since there's ultimately no major difference in being killed by a hacker and being killed by a sniper, minus the fact you'll probably want to hop server, you simply die, respawn, and just loot again.

Also, please never try to make analogies again. Can't believe I'm going to explain this, but meh.

For a start, a hacker in a game is an entirely plausable situation, especially in a mod which means they have a limited ability to prevent them. Assuming by console you mean a gaming console and not an in-game console, How many Homing Console-gamer-hating flying trees have you heard of?

Let's assume this does happen and you're not on all of the drugs. DayZ gear, besides the time you spend getting it, is worthless. I don't care how much you like it, you WILL NOT have it forever, and it cost you nothing to get. You might not have even spent any time getting it, you might have found a body and looted it. It would alone cost you more to get a new pair of underwear because you shat yourself due to a tree flying through your roof, nevermind a new television, roof and floor repair, new console, getting the goodamn tree out of your house...

Now, as much as I literally would look forward to a debate on flying homing tree attacks, we shouldn't do that here. Please PM me if you want to talk about that. :L

Long wall of blinding text

And without the eye-bleeding red of your post and the giganormous signature, is it possible ?

You see, when you make a reply without reading the entire thread, you look silly.

Nah, not really. He doesn't like reading comments by stupid people i think. We consider it a waste of time and I consider it charity to respond.

I already said that I'm not expecting him to just tut and be on his merry way. I'm saying getting so pissed at it you actually take the time to make a thread about it is stupid
Nah its human nature, hes reaching out.....and you just shit on it, like a unsympathetic piece of shit hacker fuck.

especially since there's ultimately no major difference in being killed by a hacker and being killed by a sniper, minus the fact you'll probably want to hop server, you simply die, respawn, and just loot again.
DO YOU HAVE DOWN SYNDROME? Is there something wrong we can help with? I'll try to accommodate your condition by explaining it like your 2 years old. Being killed in this game by a hacker is like someone coming up to you [or 50 people] and hitting the reset button. Except in this this game you [and everyone else] have agreed to not quick-save the game at all, to make it more intense, and you near the end of the game and enjoying it. Now, if you play the PVP way [which likely amounts to substandard combat for people with experience playing games] then your not losing as much and that is probably where your perspective comes from. Or your young and everything you see is new and shinny to you and hasn't lost its luster yet, therefore, EVERYTHING is fun to you. That whats im guessing, by your embarrassing pics and red text.

]especially in a mod which means they have a limited ability to prevent them.
June 2009: Arma 2 release date. Did you know Battlefield's and COD have mods? Being a mod, doesn't mean there is less ability to prevent hackers......and hey, do the world a favor and don't state your opinions and guesses as if they were facts. Otherwise you could turn out to be a mis-information spewing asshole for your entire life.

Tribes 2, Unreal Tournament, Half-life, Half-life 2, CS, Rouge Spear, Rainbow Six, Battlefield 2, 2142, Operation Flashpoint, Ghost Recon, just some of the

Investigate the shear number of mods made for Unreal Tournament and Operations Flashpoint (BIS developers) and have your mind blown...

DayZ gear, besides the time you spend getting it, is worthless. I don't care how much you like it, you WILL NOT have it forever, and it cost you nothing to get.
Bur your TRYING TO HAVE IT FOREVER dude. If your loot is worthless, then your playing the game like a little kid. Where everything is new and shinny and its all good and shooting a tree is a wonderous experience. Thats not the reality for everyone else. Many other players are GOING TO PURPOSELY VALUE THEIR LOOT AND THEIR LIVES because that is how you gain immersion, by telling your brain that it is real, by pretending that each life is your only life and making decisions based on that. "Time is money", ever heard that saying? I'm guessing your really young, because when you get older, time goes by very quickly. Your time is precious and If you don't enjoy starting over when you should be, then your time was wasted. Not everyone wants to do the PVP Cherno thing where you go grab a pistol then try and kill a sniper and take all his high-end gear. I don't even use sniper rifles, for the same reasons i don't like playing pacman anymore btw. Edited by Thane
  • Like 2

Two words:

Alpha

Mod

Figure out the rest.

Arma 2 release date: June 2009, uses auxilary battleye anti-cheat system.

Been playing modded multiplayer games since 1842, only hacking i've noticed was in Ghost Recon 1, where two players ran across the map super-fast. You make it sound like mods in alpha are always PLAGUED with hackers, no, this situation is very different.

DayZ gear, besides the time you spend getting it, is worthless. I don't care how much you like it, you WILL NOT have it forever, and it cost you nothing to get.

'Cost' and 'worth' isn't always measured from a fiscal perspective, Rage. :rolleyes:

ok hackers are a problem but they could at least fix:

-the lagging inventory

-guns disappearing when you put them in your bag

-artifacting

-zombies glitching through walls

-retarded glitches where you get teleported into the sea

-unlootable bodies

-bodies that wont disappear when you try to hide them

-you hear flies but no bodies

-items dont spawn

-items disappear

-when you log in and you have the same gear 10 minutes before you last logged out making you lose all the stuff you found 10 minutes before you last logged out

i dont know if its fixable

-fps drops because of laggy server and server desync

this is not related to hackers, now why they dont fix this?

alpha mod is not excuse for this game to be under the quality standards of a normal game.

Well, seeing as I put about 0% effort into trying to look stupid, then yes. I would say I am exactly that much stupid.

In this mod, the trees can kill you, chickens can break your legs, and you can be killed at any second from upwards of 1000ft away by a random guy you wouldn't even guess is there. Even if none of that gets you when you're looting, Zombies are next to no threat in this mod as soon as you learn to avoid them, so what does that leave you? PvP, unless you, for whatever reason, plan on killing animals for months or are one of those people who stockpiles cars. And it's common sense that when you PvP in any game, you don't go in without accepting the fact that you can very easily die.

Which is EXACTLY why when you go through all the trouble to avoid the things you mentioned, to be killed by a hacker is so discouraging. You made my point, ty.

TL;DR edition: QQ hackers killed me before someone sniped me

Really, you do not go into DayZ expecting not to die. Resign yourself to the fact you can die at any second for any reason or don't play.

Obviously you didn't read the post. I never once complained about dying to game mechanics. I guarantee I have played more full loot PvP games than you have including but not limited to: Darkfall, Mortal Online, EvE Online as well as DayZ (I believe you can put it in that category). In my post, I expressed that every time I would die to a player or due to fault of my own I would get back up and go at it again. Happy as ever to try and correct my previous mistakes and improve at the game. I died many times to players as well as zombies and other game mechanics but not once was I discouraged, I had a blast doing it.

The one and ONLY thing that has discouraged me and caused me to quit is Hackers. You go through so much sh*t just to survive the game mechanics, PvP, etc. (All of which I enjoy), and build up somewhat of a decent character only to have it taken away by something other than game mechanics (HACKERS). It really hurts the replayability of this game as well as overall enjoyment. Please don't come to me with your don't expect to die in a game like this as Sandbox Full Loot PvP Games are all I play and my bread and butter. I don't play CoD, BF, WoW or anything else along those lines. I play REAL games, with Risk Vs. Reward. And not once have I seen the amount of hackers this has. I do acknowledge it is a mod and not a standalone game, but still my reason stays the same for leaving.

"QQ Hackers killed me before someone sniped me". - Obviously, unlike you I play this game very smart. I did so since the start as this is not my first walk in the park with games like this. As I stated before, Full Loot Sandbox Games are the only thing I play. My second character made it many days without dying and had very good items. I took many precautions including scouting for long periods with binocs before moving through new territory. Granted it's not 100% effective, but I didn't get sniped once in my time with the game and I always played on populated servers. So yes, us who play smart (unlike you according to your post), don't die every 5 minutes.

-Twinturbo

Edited by Twinturbo4486

I stopped playing for awhile after being killed by hackers every 10 minuets . Now Its more like twice a day...... It fucking sucks but they are slowly being outed and I cannot wait till the game turns back to legit players only. Trust me I remember when the big problem in dayz was bandits and people not calling out friendly.....

there will always be hackers no matter what game you play.

This is incorrect there are games that have practically no hackers..

EVE online for example, I have never seen a hacker in that game in over 2 years of playing it, people don't even bother because they will be caught by logs,

lose their characters and sub money.

In a game that requires you to invest time and effort in persistant gameplay,

paying a subscription is the only effective way to protect the players investment.

DayZ standalone won't get a subscription based model and will always have problems with hackers.

All this F2P/cheap key crap means you get inundated by casual hacking kids.

Join a private hive. Community, no hackers/duping, no combat logging, pure dayz. If you find the right one that is. If your up to it, pay 5 dollars like i did and join Derp Dayz private whitelist server. Fun stuff, join me in game

This is incorrect there are games that have practically no hackers..

EVE online for example, I have never seen a hacker in that game in over 2 years of playing it, people don't even bother because they will be caught by logs,

lose their characters and sub money.

In a game that requires you to invest time and effort in persistant gameplay,

paying a subscription is the only effective way to protect the players investment.

DayZ standalone won't get a subscription based model and will always have problems with hackers.

All this F2P/cheap key crap means you get inundated by casual hacking kids.

"world of tanks" also dont have hackers. that is why few milions players are there altought game have problems with glitches and stuff like that.

Edited by director

Ignore all the people hating on you for being fed up with bullshit, i applaud your decision to leave the game until all the shits fixed, or to permanently put it down. Just laugh at all the people QQing about you QQing.

Its alpha, shit won't be fixed. We are test dummys. Complain if theres something wrong in standalone :) peace.

I love, how initially, in this thread the usual flock of sheep storm in and spout the usual garbage. Do not get attached to your gear. Horse pooh like that. Then, people with necks and brains come in, and basically negate the sheep comments. This is a cookie cutter example, of how these threads turn out. Good reading.

Nah, not really. He doesn't like reading comments by stupid people i think. We consider it a waste of time and I consider it charity to respond.

Nah its human nature, hes reaching out.....and you just shit on it, like a unsympathetic piece of shit hacker fuck.

DO YOU HAVE DOWN SYNDROME? Is there something wrong we can help with? I'll try to accommodate your condition by explaining it like your 2 years old. Being killed in this game by a hacker is like someone coming up to you [or 50 people] and hitting the reset button. Except in this this game you [and everyone else] have agreed to not quick-save the game at all, to make it more intense, and you near the end of the game and enjoying it. Now, if you play the PVP way [which likely amounts to substandard combat for people with experience playing games] then your not losing as much and that is probably where your perspective comes from. Or your young and everything you see is new and shinny to you and hasn't lost its luster yet, therefore, EVERYTHING is fun to you. That whats im guessing, by your embarrassing pics and red text.

June 2009: Arma 2 release date. Did you know Battlefield's and COD have mods? Being a mod, doesn't mean there is less ability to prevent hackers......and hey, do the world a favor and don't state your opinions and guesses as if they were facts. Otherwise you could turn out to be a mis-information spewing asshole for your entire life.

Tribes 2, Unreal Tournament, Half-life, Half-life 2, CS, Rouge Spear, Rainbow Six, Battlefield 2, 2142, Operation Flashpoint, Ghost Recon, just some of the

Investigate the shear number of mods made for Unreal Tournament and Operations Flashpoint (BIS developers) and have your mind blown...

Bur your TRYING TO HAVE IT FOREVER dude. If your loot is worthless, then your playing the game like a little kid. Where everything is new and shinny and its all good and shooting a tree is a wonderous experience. Thats not the reality for everyone else. Many other players are GOING TO PURPOSELY VALUE THEIR LOOT AND THEIR LIVES because that is how you gain immersion, by telling your brain that it is real, by pretending that each life is your only life and making decisions based on that. "Time is money", ever heard that saying? I'm guessing your really young, because when you get older, time goes by very quickly. Your time is precious and If you don't enjoy starting over when you should be, then your time was wasted. Not everyone wants to do the PVP Cherno thing where you go grab a pistol then try and kill a sniper and take all his high-end gear. I don't even use sniper rifles, for the same reasons i don't like playing pacman anymore btw.

I almost took your reply seriously until you called me a hacker because you don't agree with me. That is just flat-out retarded. That's like saying if I don't agree with a black person I'm racist.

Now, normally I would agree that a mod would be able to prevent hackers and wouldn't say that had it already not be known that the reason there are so many hackers is because BattlEye is terrible and DayZ is forced to use it, thus giving significantly less room to work with. That's why I believe the Standalone will have a major decrease in hackers because they will have more freedom in what they can do.

Allow me to point out one thing that even you cannot deny is fact:

Whether not DayZ is a mod, full game, alpha or beta, It's still a game. It is not real, it is virtual. I don't care if you've played for an hour or nolifed it for 3 weeks solid, your pixels will be gone inevitably. If you're that careless with things that are both treasured by you and that easily lost, your fault.

I am 18 years old with an occupation. That is specifically why gear especially means nothing to me. Like you said, time is money. So why would I spend most of it on a mod which is going standalone soon? I play to pass the time, not to invest in something.

Seriously, if you're going to call me a "2 year old with downs syndrome", Try to at least act a little mature. Mocking the fact I write in red text would be the same as if I mocked your lack of perfect grammar. Nobody significant gives a shit about either, so just leave it out and discuss what you're trying to discuss, which is the fact (Which you ignored specifically so you could seize the chance to be a keyboard warrior) that I didn't disagree with him completely, as being hack killed does suck ass. If I knew his IGN I would probably help him out with some gear to get him back on the road, had he not quit. But we know there are hackers. We know they are killing people. We don't want to read about it every 15 minutes. If he was REALLY reaching out for help I wouldn't hesitate but that's not what's going on here.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't start throwing insults when the discussion doesn't require it. I'd like you to point out one time I've insulted you, then you can go ahead if it helps you sleep at night.

Edited by Rage VG

I really am upset that I'm not going to play it anymore as there's nothing else out there like it. But after THREE of my decent geared characters that I put a lot of time into were killed by hackers Im not coming back.

If you like it that much, just go play on a private hive... problem solved.