Sign in to follow this  
Bearded McGee

How to salvage the Czeck Vest Pouch

Baseline: It's useless. Even more than a tin-can.

The only reason I could even conceive it being used is if it's the first backpack a player finds after losing his previous backpack somehow. Which doesn't happen a whole lot.

So, how can we save it?

Well, I don't know if I got the actual answer, but here goes.

Instead of adding whopping 6 spaces as a backpack, how about adding a few spaces to the general gear spaces?

Like, another row to the main gear inventory and adding another column to the second inventory?

That way, you get to have 15 primary storage spaces instead of 12 and you get 10 secondary storage spaces instead of 8?

So, you get a 5 slot bonus to inventory instead of 6, but those slots are accessible from the main inventory. Which could be useful in many ways. Having more mags available to switch around, having more spaces for pistol ammo, bandages and M203 rounds.

So, lower it to 5 spaces (so it looks nice and symmetrical in the inventory menu) from 6 but put those slots in the main inventory menu).

---

Alternatively, make it another row too for the pistol ammo/m203 rounds/bandages slots instead of a new column.

Thus, 7 slots instead of the current 6 (still less than the Coyote Patrol Backpack)

---

post-102603-0-46327700-1347119494_thumb.

Edited by Axelord FTW
  • Like 4

OR we could spawn with the vest by default.

• Like 9

I like this suggestion; however I kind of like the czech pouch cuz its camo and small, like for a scout build. I agree it should have potentially more slots than the starting backpack, but I also like the fact that its camo. That said if there was a way to tweak it in either the ways you suggested or an alternative way I would be in support of this. In essence you are taking a cool looking item and doing more with it, so Im on board. :thumbsup:

/bump for a productive idea

OR we could spawn with the vest by default.

That works too, but it's nice like Alice packs are rare.

Since instead of just adding to a progression that's already skipped through and over usually within a few hours, a simple overhaul of the functioning of a particular backpack could be better.

Personally, I'd trade every backpack until an Alice for this Czeck vest Pouch.

I kind of like the idea of spawning with a pouch instead of a backpack...maybe ramp up the slots in the camo pouch version and make the starting version like the camo one in its current state minus the camo. Either way these are both good ideas.

good suggestion and please stop reading my posts because you have nothing good to say about them

good suggestion and please stop reading my posts because you have nothing good to say about them

frostedbutts

It's a great idea, but I would still never use the pouch anyways; It doesn't bother me too much that I have to take stuff from my backpack to my inventory so I would rather just have more backpack space.

What I would like to see is having it be almost like a second backpack and using your idea adding a few spaces to the main inventory instead of actually being a backpack.

That way you could still have an alice pack with 20 spaces, and then a czech pouch for another 3-5 spaces in the inventory. If this were the case I'm sure everyone would be looking for one.

I'm not sure this is in the limits of the mod, but I really have no idea and it can always be used for the standalone.

• Like 1

It's a great idea, but I would still never use the pouch anyways; It doesn't bother me too much that I have to take stuff from my backpack to my inventory so I would rather just have more backpack space.

What I would like to see is having it be almost like a second backpack and using your idea adding a few spaces to the main inventory instead of actually being a backpack.

That way you could still have an alice pack with 20 spaces, and then a czech pouch for another 3-5 spaces in the inventory. If this were the case I'm sure everyone would be looking for one.

I'm not sure this is in the limits of the mod, but I really have no idea and it can always be used for the standalone.

Actually, this makes me think...

If instead of the *new* Cseck Vest Pouch of mine, main inventory slots were tied to the "skin" we were using?

Civilian and Camo Outfits have a lot of visible pouches and pockets while the ghillie has nothing of the sort, and yet two players wearing either have the same inventory?

How about tying your inventory space to the skin/clothes you are using?

The civilian would have something like the actual number of slots,

The Camo would have the improved number of slots (see my attached pic in the OP)

And the Ghillie would actually remove main inventory space.

Actually, this makes me think...

If instead of the *new* Cseck Vest Pouch of mine, main inventory slots were tied to the "skin" we were using?

Civilian and Camo Outfits have a lot of visible pouches and pockets while the ghillie has nothing of the sort, and yet two players wearing either have the same inventory?

How about tying your inventory space to the skin/clothes you are using?

The civilian would have something like the actual number of slots,

The Camo would have the improved number of slots (see my attached pic in the OP)

And the Ghillie would actually remove main inventory space.

That could work.. I think it would make a lot more sense but the ghillie should have some space. You wear a ghillie over other clothes, so in essence you still have the inventory space of those clothes. I would support that idea.

That could work.. I think it would make a lot more sense but the ghillie should have some space. You wear a ghillie over other clothes, so in essence you still have the inventory space of those clothes. I would support that idea.

You wear clothes under ghillies, yes (not saying it's wrong not to, don't want to offend any horny Star Wars roleplayers) but it's usually a jumpsuit or something simple.

The difference between that and other clothing is that even the civilian skin shows you having a whole lot of body-pockets and bags. The Camo Suit has a vested kevlar vest, which has less pockets than the Civi, but those vest usually have compartments too.

S

You wear clothes under ghillies, yes (not saying it's wrong not to, don't want to offend any horny Star Wars roleplayers) but it's usually a jumpsuit or something simple.

The difference between that and other clothing is that even the civilian skin shows you having a whole lot of body-pockets and bags. The Camo Suit has a vested kevlar vest, which has less pockets than the Civi, but those vest usually have compartments too.

So you could say for the ghillie you are wearing a stripped down version of the civilian clothes because chances are you won't find such a jumpsuit with the ghillie suit, so maybe it reduces your main inventory a little, like a row or so, rather than taking it away completely. I know if I was in DayZ I would wear something with pockets and pouches under a ghillie suit and not just a jumpsuit.

S

So you could say for the ghillie you are wearing a stripped down version of the civilian clothes because chances are you won't find such a jumpsuit with the ghillie suit, so maybe it reduces your main inventory a little, like a row or so, rather than taking it away completely. I know if I was in DayZ I would wear something with pockets and pouches under a ghillie suit and not just a jumpsuit.

Full ghillies are often tailored to be almost as tight around the user as superman's panties.

Cheapo suits are built out of a jumpsuit outright. And I don't know if you've ever worn a jumpsuit, but it's not exactly bursting with big pockets.

At the very least, backpacks shouldnt be invisible while wearing a ghillie.

• Like 1

I like it the Czech vest pack as it says "hey, I have a backpack but I'm not carrying tons of crap for you to loot, sod off" to players that actually care about that which likely increases survival by 1%. It's also very low profile and doesn't stand out as much as other packs. A Czech vest pack and camo clothing = win, especially when they fix the duping of ghillies and things start to get rare again.

I like it the Czech vest pack as it says "hey, I have a backpack but I'm not carrying tons of crap for you to loot, sod off" to players that actually care about that which likely increases survival by 1%. It's also very low profile and doesn't stand out as much as other packs. A Czech vest pack and camo clothing = win, especially when they fix the duping of ghillies and things start to get rare again.

Ghillies arent exactly rare...

Full ghillies are often tailored to be almost as tight around the user as superman's panties.

Cheapo suits are built out of a jumpsuit outright. And I don't know if you've ever worn a jumpsuit, but it's not exactly bursting with big pockets.

At the very least, backpacks shouldnt be invisible while wearing a ghillie.

There are several types of ghillie suits really. Hunting ghillies (I do own one) are often meant to fit over other clothes, and provide almost as effective camo as "all-purpose" military ghillies.

However, most military sniper ghillie suits are made by the sniper themselves out of the terrain, which allows them to blend in the environment much easier because they are essentially wearing the habitation.

The "all-purpose" ghillie suits would be more of the type that fit closely.

For the sake of the game, I would still leave the main inventory in, if just slightly reduced. Especially in the mod, where to use any object it has to be in the main inventory.

I really think that the pouch is fine as it is. It's not useless for everyone. It's really the only backpack I want.

Let me explain. I am a solo player, I am strong, I need no one, I walk alone. ;) . I try to stay as low profile as possible ( I go into a city, get my stuff and get the hell out of there asap) , because i wanna survive for long, plus I am not a killer. Anyway for a solo player, that does NOT want to have 2 primairy weapons, the pouch is just perfect. Surviving is far too easy in DayZ. Because there is too much spawn of items, and with an alicepack it is super boring. Because you carry all the shit you want. 3 mophine injectors, plenty of food and ammo, and then what??? Stare for hours at the sun?? Agaian, i haver no interest in hunting for survivors.

Yesterday i was a bit stupid and fell of a stair in a barn. I thought I died,,but i didn't luckily. And i had to use my main morphine auto injector, painkillers and eat all the meat i had. (I always try to have a main and spare auto morphine injector, and i don't have enough storage for more, thanks to the small pouch) Now, this situation created several missions for me. I had to go to the city and get me new medical supplies. I had to hunt for serveral animals to get my blood up again. Another thing is that the pouch is smaller then the coyote, plus it has cammo.

I think io am not alone with this. If your into action, and play with team mates, and want high end weapons and carry a lot of stuff, just leave the pouch. Get your alice pack. If you are like me, playing alone, and want to hunt for food and other stuff all the time, the lack of storage will create some action, take the pouch.

i used it once respawned on the coast without anything AND when going raiding from my camp. it's sufficient to carry your essentials while risking death

I say make us start with the 6-slot and have the 8-slot spawn in supermarkets/residential zones. Make them more common, and make the assault pack more common in military zones, then make czech pack, ALICE pack and Coyote pack rarer proportionate to their size. It's dumb that the only real backpack upgrade anyone ever has to think about is going from the ubiquitous ALICE pack to the rare Coyote pack for those four extra slots.

JUST MAKE POUCH 6 SLOTS AND GOES IN PISTOL SLOT!!!

Edited by Piez

why would you place a pouch where your holster is?

Alternatively, you could give it same/similar stats to the starter backpack, and people will pick it up if it's the first they see, because it's the same + camo.

Text is not Bold enough, I cannot read it.

Edited by thebirdolux