ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Ersan, do you have a database file that will allow all RMOD vehicles? As this would save me a lot of time adding the vehicles all manually.

Ersan, do you have a database file that will allow all RMOD vehicles? As this would save me a lot of time adding the vehicles all manually.

there already allowed, right click on the map add vehicle and put in one of the class names from here http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/index.php

It takes 5 mins

Spawns were never deleted, there may be an invalid world position or inventory or something on one of your vehicles or players that is stopping the map script from running halfway through - try pressing F12 and clicking on Console to see the javascript console and check for errors.

Oh I know, they are in my database and do spawn on the map, they just don't show up under the spawns window. It's not a big deal it's just hard to space out vehicles and remember where I had them all when they don't show up.

I get this error if this has anything to do with.

Uncaught ReferenceError: unsafeWindow is not defined chrome-extension://bpcnnanbbiobnpfakmcdpkopledhpkmh/fbex.js:864

Edited by Traeyu

Am I the only one having a problem with the map in the control panel? cause adding vehicles right to the database is in a pain in the butt.

If I'm not the only one as anyone heard anything about it?

Hi Ersan,

Two questions in this post (sorry!):

1) When adding buildings to phpmyadmin via building / instance-building, is it possible to add compositions as well as individual buildings? (liek these: http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Objects/compositions/) as it would make creating large areas much easier! (otherwise it can be hard to get walls to line up without gaps, by guessing worldspace etc, I think :P) - No worries if not, I just wondered :)

2) I added the following two things, but when I try to get in/use them, it insta-kills me... Any ideas why? (I do have rmod installed): AGS_TK_EP1 and D30_TK_EP1, from arma2 OA (http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/OA/Weapons/static/) <--- Or are these not allowed with rMod? If not, is there a list of what is allowed anywhere for guideance?

Spawns were never deleted, there may be an invalid world position or inventory or something on one of your vehicles or players that is stopping the map script from running halfway through - try pressing F12 and clicking on Console to see the javascript console and check for errors.

Hi Ersan,

Two questions in this post (sorry!):

1) When adding buildings to phpmyadmin via building / instance-building, is it possible to add compositions as well as individual buildings? (liek these: http://www.armatechs...s/compositions/) as it would make creating large areas much easier! (otherwise it can be hard to get walls to line up without gaps, by guessing worldspace etc, I think :P) - No worries if not, I just wondered :)

2) I added the following two things, but when I try to get in/use them, it insta-kills me... Any ideas why? (I do have rmod installed): AGS_TK_EP1 and D30_TK_EP1, from arma2 OA (http://www.armatechs...Weapons/static/) <--- Or are these not allowed with rMod? If not, is there a list of what is allowed anywhere for guideance?

the easiest thing to do is use the 3d editor with dayz mod and add all your stuff and save mission as single player. then open your sqf file and it gives you all the info you need to put in your database. and yes all those can be used with rmod

How far out is FTP access just out of curiosity

P1-Kashwak, thanks for the reply :)

I tried what you said above yesterday, but the 'position' it stated didn't appear to match worldspace co-ords in DayZ? (Was I perhaps looking at the wrong place?).

Also, from what I could tell, the small base id was just 'smallbase' but then I added that to the building & instance_building tables, it didn't work :( (although with individual buildings it did, just not with compositions :(

Final question, any idea why using those static guns insta-killed me? I added them as buildings, should i have added them as vehicles or weapons perhaps???

the easiest thing to do is use the 3d editor with dayz mod and add all your stuff and save mission as single player. then open your sqf file and it gives you all the info you need to put in your database. and yes all those can be used with rmod

Ersan

P1-Kashwak, thanks for the reply :)

I tried what you said above yesterday, but the 'position' it stated didn't appear to match worldspace co-ords in DayZ? (Was I perhaps looking at the wrong place?).

Also, from what I could tell, the small base id was just 'smallbase' but then I added that to the building & instance_building tables, it didn't work :( (although with individual buildings it did, just not with compositions :(

Final question, any idea why using those static guns insta-killed me? I added them as buildings, should i have added them as vehicles or weapons perhaps???

Here is what I got from the 3d editor...

activateAddons [
"rmod"
];

activateAddons ["rmod"];
initAmbientLife;

_objectComposition_0 = [[1955.0027, 8606.3594, 0], 0, "SmallBase"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectmapper.sqf"));

_this = createCenter west;
_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;

_unit_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_0 createUnit ["CDF_Soldier_Strela", [1064.8998, 7614.8691, 6.1035156e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_0 = _this;
_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};
};

processInitCommands;
runInitScript;
finishMissionInit;

But not sure that it helps? Should I run some of that as SQL commands, as before I have only really adding things via buildings & instance_buildings via phpmyadmins :P

As far as im aware the developer never un banned compositions

Any ideas if AGS_TK_EP1 and D30_TK_EP1 should be added as buildings, vehicles, or weapons?

_objectComposition_0 = [[1955.0027, 8606.3594, 0], 0, "SmallBase"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectmapper.sqf"));

That contains the coordinates (1955.0027, 8606.3594, 0) but as AR said I don't think compositions are unbanned, you'll have to add all the buildings individually. But the coordinates are there for you which should help line things up.

Edited by ersan191

Only problem is I could not get any of the small base buildings to spawn at all. None of the buildings from that section of the building guide spawned for me

This, works like a charm! I have a fell of a barter town going on hehehe

DayZ 1.7.3 bug, we have no control over it sorry. Wait for a new version of DayZ

To summarize, bugs in DayZ 1.7.3:

- Lag spikes/desync due to 25+ players (even if you only have 5 players now, once it starts lagging at 25+ it will likely continue to lag until it is restarted)

To be honest, I don't see any other host's topic in the forum with complains about the lag, neither on general discussion, support etc. I tried a 40/40 server of another host this evening and played with no lag at all. Maybe that's just a coincidence but the game is quite unplayable atm on your/our servers.

To be honest, I don't see any other host's topic in the forum with complains about the lag, neither on general discussion, support etc. I tried a 40/40 server of another host this evening and played with no lag at all. Maybe that's just a coincidence but the game is quite unplayable atm on your/our servers.

All I know is our servers worked fine before the 1.7.3 patch, they are sitting at 40% cpu utilization which is nothing (and less than they were before the patch), I told the bliss developers about the problem and the current developer of DayZ (R4Z0R49, who I posted a direct quote from) said that 1.7.3 had unoptimized SQF's that would be causing it and it would be fixed in the next version. I also have read many reports of performance problems with bliss v4.0 and 1.7.3.

Here's the entire conversation: http://pastebin.com/dKcBx2m8

As far as I know only us and SS even have active threads in these forums and the last time I looked in on their thread they had more serious problems than lag spikes to worry about.

Edited by ersan191

I had this same exact problem on Survival servers after the 4.0 and 1.7.3 launch. They could not explain it at first. Eventually they tried to blame it on DDoS attacks which it was obviously not the case.

Sorry to push on this very topic, but i absolutely need the logs downloading, coz it's already frustrating as is.. without the possibility to see what's happening at all it will be impossible to even imagine to fight the script kids.

Please:

- Fix the log downloading (especially the scripts.log). It seems that after a while the server is running, the logs are impossible to download, probably due to size. Every time we're attacked we need to guess who is, since the log is "lost".

- Reduce the backup time to "1 hour". I will be ok to download em elsewhere if it's a matter of space, because every 6 hours serves no purpose at all (unless you have complex buildings etc.). Ideally it should be backuped every 30 minutes to make it useful.

Sorry to push on this very topic, but i absolutely need the logs downloading, coz it's already frustrating as is.. without the possibility to see what's happening at all it will be impossible to even imagine to fight the script kids.

Please:

- Fix the log downloading (especially the scripts.log). It seems that after a while the server is running, the logs are impossible to download, probably due to size. Every time we're attacked we need to guess who is, since the log is "lost".

- Reduce the backup time to "1 hour". I will be ok to download em elsewhere if it's a matter of space, because every 6 hours serves no purpose at all (unless you have complex buildings etc.). Ideally it should be backuped every 30 minutes to make it useful.

Sending you a PM.

Thanks, in the meantime for who want to arrange a offsite backup (if you own a linux server elsewhere), here's the script im using:

#!/bin/bash
NAME=$(date +%d_%b_%Y_%H_%M_%S)
mysqldump --host=HOSTNAME --opt --routines -Q -u USERNAME -pPASSWORD DATABASENAME | gzip > /backup_folder/$NAME.gz

counter=0
ls -act /backup_folder/*.* | while read FIL
do
if [ -f "$FIL" ]; then
let "counter += 1"
if [ $counter -gt 24 ]; then
echo "Removed: $FIL";
rm -rf $FIL
fi
fi
done
# end

I use the above code to backup the database in a cron (every 15 minutes), it saves 24 instances (last 6 hours) so i can rollback it without much trouble for the users in case of mass teleport or mass kill (i download the required file via FTP to import it via phpmyadmin; im currently developing a webinterface to do it from remote).

The script only stores the last 24 backups (you can tweak the number), deleting the old ones.

Edited by WalkerDown

I use the above code to backup the database in a cron (every 15 minutes), it saves 24 instances (last 6 hours) so i can rollback it without much trouble for the users in case of mass teleport or mass kill (i download the required file via FTP to import it via phpmyadmin; im currently developing a webinterface to do it from remote).

The script only stores the last 24 backups (you can tweak the number), deleting the old ones.

You need to add --routines to mysqldump or else it won't dump the stored procedures and will cause errors when you try to reload the database.

You need to add --routines to mysqldump or else it won't dump the stored procedures and will cause errors when you try to reload the database.

Thanks, added.

(another matter: is there any way to have multiline MOTD?)

Edited by WalkerDown

I have now used the 3D editor and I can't get anything to spawn in the game. I have added the buildings to the database and I have the following information _this = createVehicle ["USMC_WarfareBBarracks", [8132.6929, 9263.4951, 0.49152169], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_94 = _this;

_this setDir 76.663887;

_this setPos [8132.6929, 9263.4951, 0.49152169]; - I added this to the database but nothing spawns. Any help would be appreciated.