ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Phil and Allen mentioned this to me as well. Originally the wiki was put together by members of the community that we provided sponsored space for. While this worked well for a while, it's obvious we're going to have to setup an official wiki and transfer the relevant and useful information to that. I'll probably setup MediaWiki since it's the most popular.

I'm going to look into setting it up so the customer's control panel username and password will allow them to login to the wiki to make changes.

EDIT: Based on http://www.mediawiki...wiki/AuthPlugin it looks like I should be able to accomplish this fairly easily.

That was pretty easily accomplished :)

Ok, so there is a wiki setup now that only allows DayZ.ST users to modify it, you login using the same control panel username and password you login to your DayZ.ST control panel with.

The new wiki is http://dayz.st/w/

There is no information on it yet and the logo is the generic logo at the moment. I'll be fixing that later today.

I'll see if I can start moving the information over ASAP.

EDIT: Went ahead and took a little time to move as many of the articles/files that I could find.

Edited by Blaine P

@Blaine P Just want to say nothing makes me feel better about at host than hearing from you once in awhile... to know our concerns are heard. Glad to see your more of a people person and willing to post on here despite all the hate .st gets on the thread. I love our server and have been with other hosts and i can't compare the quality of game play to our .st server. The only issue i have had of late is the infamous "something went wrong" and i have already sent in an email and awaiting admins response on upgrading our services to allow for the traffic we are getting.

Lastly if support is still an issue is there a plan for hiring more support personal? If there is where would someone go to join the team? seems like there are a lot of simple support issue that could be handled with a simple admin touch (i see a lot of it in the irc channel).

anyway glad to see you keep it up!

@Blaine P Just want to say nothing makes me feel better about at host than hearing from you once in awhile... to know our concerns are heard. Glad to see your more of a people person and willing to post on here despite all the hate .st gets on the thread. I love our server and have been with other hosts and i can't compare the quality of game play to our .st server. The only issue i have had of late is the infamous "something went wrong" and i have already sent in an email and awaiting admins response on upgrading our services to allow for the traffic we are getting.

Lastly if support is still an issue is there a plan for hiring more support personal? If there is where would someone go to join the team? seems like there are a lot of simple support issue that could be handled with a simple admin touch (i see a lot of it in the irc channel).

anyway glad to see you keep it up!

One of our support people, Justin, should be back on the 20th. Once he's back I'm going to talk to our support team and ask them what they feel we need and talk to them about what I'm hoping we can accomplish.

If we end up needing more people I will probably look to the community first. Allan (Allanstrings) was actually just a very helpful individual to other customers and ourselves before we decided he was doing way too much for us to not be paying him.

When and if we have a position available I'll be posting about it on our Twitter and the OpenDayZ.net forums most likely. At this time I can't say for sure.

@Machine I just replied to your email, would like to speak to you via one of my listed contact methods though email if necessary :)

If only you guys gave a shit when I had my server...

How about a free month to give us another try?

No payment details required, no commitments. Just let me know your old username.

Edited by Blaine P
  • Like 5

How about a free month to give us another try?

No payment details required, no commitments. Just let me know your old username.

Well played sir :thumbsup:

It's tempting... but Im going overseas in 2 days for a couple of weeks, when I get back I may consider it.

Props to you for your positive attitude, and actually trying to change peoples perception of DAYZ.ST

It's not an easy thing being dumped in a pile of shit and being told to make it smell good.

Just spent nearly an hour with him working on the server. He actually joined the server and my team speak to help. Got to say he is going to change the face of support for .st Thanks again Blaine over the top service sir! as they say you have my beans lol whatever they are paying you they need to give you a raise! :P

Was just about to email you guys on the status of 2017 update and the Epoch mod, but I came across this thread. Thanks for your hard work, cant wait to get those two mods added to the Dayz.st admin. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Drago13

I welcome you Blaine P, and thanks for the intro. The server has been excellent lately and I have been absent a lot of the time due to increased workload at work and concentrating on my own server things instead of everyone elses. I would be more than happy to help admin the wiki still since the last one I could not get a spam prevention add-on installed on it. Allanstrings can vouch for me. :)

• Like 1

Servers doing good now blaine thanks for the help! some have said there is a little issue once in awhile still but a ton better than it was.

Did your servers in Washington DC just go down @ 8:00 PM EST. Mine went down and now I can't even access the DayZ St web page. Just my luck - right as I died and not just before, lol

I welcome you Blaine P, and thanks for the intro. The server has been excellent lately and I have been absent a lot of the time due to increased workload at work and concentrating on my own server things instead of everyone elses. I would be more than happy to help admin the wiki still since the last one I could not get a spam prevention add-on installed on it. Allanstrings can vouch for me. :)

Edit: You can login using your DayZ control panel user/pass and it will auto create an account on the wiki. Once your account is created let me know and I'll make it an admin/mod.

I hope you were OK with me moving your Wiki content over to the new community Wiki. The old one was just being hammered by spam and nefarious individuals hourly and I thought having the user authentication integrated would be helpful with that :)

@Psylnz Good to hear :) Looks like your server is not one currently affected by the DDoS mitigation.

Servers doing good now blaine thanks for the help! some have said there is a little issue once in awhile still but a ton better than it was.

Unfortunately, as I type this, the server your instance is on is under DDoS attack (173.192.200.74) which is in Washington DC #3

Already talking to the DC about a possible resolution ASAP.

EDIT: This is now back up and back to normal :) The DC was very helpful in restoring it to normal operation.

Edited by Blaine P

Whta is being done to address the lag issues and constant red and yellow chains for the D.C. servers? I've tried disabling filters and still have periods of lag.

Whta is being done to address the lag issues and constant red and yellow chains for the D.C. servers? I've tried disabling filters and still have periods of lag.

Can you contact me by one of my contact methods?

I'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Google Talk: blaine.palmer@gmail.com (Please use for GTalk only, I don't check my personal email often at all)

AIM: PhatalEffect

At the risk of asking a really stupid question, and admittedly not wanting to look through 117 pages of posts to find the answer, maybe someone can kindly help me out. I'm considering purchasing a private hive server, so as an administrator what can one do? Can admis spawn weapons and vehicles? Is that part of the admin tools provided or does that require a little programming knowledge? How user friendly are these admin tools because i don't know jack about scripting. Just looking to rent a Dayz server for me and a few friends. Thanks for any help.

I'm having an issue where upon some server restarts (generally manual ones, not the automatic ones) that the default spawn loadout goes to a heavily armed, well-equipped loadout, and I have to switch it back to the default spawn loadout and restart again.

Anyone else have this? Permanent solution?

While I appreciate the earlier efforts, dayz.st simply cannot handle a server with more than 30 players without serious lag. I have disabled all script logging etc nothing helps. The more people that join the higher the server pings. Going to check out dayzpriv. Thanks for trying though.

While I appreciate the earlier efforts, dayz.st simply cannot handle a server with more than 30 players without serious lag. I have disabled all script logging etc nothing helps. The more people that join the higher the server pings. Going to check out dayzpriv. Thanks for trying though.

New member comes on bashing 1 provider and recommends another :P You wouldn't happen to work for dayzpriv do you ?

Sent an email to yourselves over a day ago.

Can you please answer it.

New member comes on bashing 1 provider and recommends another :P You wouldn't happen to work for dayzpriv do you ?

Um no. It's well known how dayz.st is. I am a relative newcomer to hosting a server and like many other people, dayz.st seems to have the whole package. It does as long as you don't plan on having more than 15 people on your server at once. Oh BTW after weeks support emailed me back and suggested I disable ALL battleye logging to help performance! That will make it real easy to detect script kiddies.

Ugh, looks like the website, control panel, and server are down.

Hey guys. I JUST bought a server and i cannot connect to the DayZ.st. Can I get some help with that thanks

Hey guys. I JUST bought a server and i cannot connect to the DayZ.st. Can I get some help with that thanks

Looks like the website and servers are down. probably another DDoS attack.