ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

im really wanting to get a server from ST but im not hip on the desync goings on, any world on what exactly this issue is and how to fix it

When i had my Dayz.st server i had no issues at all :) I have nothing but praise for them

I'm also not the only person otherwise Dayz.st wouldn't have thousands of servers, Try them and see what you think for a month.

^Issue is they oversell slots. You are sharing bandwidth and resources with probably 12 other servers on the same machine. Any time you go over 30 players you are going to suffer.

It's shared hosting and the same as all other companies, For $30 i think it's exellent value for money but you can always shell out for a dedicated server ? good luck getting a windows license for less than $30 though, and then the server rental, bandwidth and time setting everything up.

You get what you pay for :P

• Like 1

WTF ARE YOU GUYS DOING, WHY IS MY SERVER SHUT DOWN, IT STILL HAD TILL THE 12TH OF THIS MONTH AND IF WE GO BACK TO ORIGINAL PAYMENTS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DUE ON THE 7TH. NOT BEFORE, BUT YOU GUYS CLOSED IT SOMETIME OVER THE LAST 2 DAYS AND PASSED MY IP TO SOMEONE ELSE, NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH, I PAID FOR THE SERVICE AND YOU TOOK IT AWAY WITHOUT REASON. IF THIS IS THE SORT OF SERVICE I GET AFTER MY CUSTOM SINCE ALMOST BACK TO WHEN YOU OPENED AND SERVERAL SERVERS AND WHEN YOU HAD A FUCK UP SHIFTING FROM SAN HOSE YOU OFFERED A REFUND FOR DOWNTIME AND I REJECTED IN GOOD FAITH BUT NOT FOR JUST ONE SERVER BUT 2, THEN FFS THERE IS NO THOUGHT FOR THE CUSTOMER AT ALL, BEST FIX IT I THINK.

Edited by StealthGamingAustralia

Just adding my .02 cents... Ive had nothing but a great experiance thus far with these guys.. prompt response to my trouble emails... server was setup immediatly... Ive just joined them but thus far top notch service and product

yea my service was all fairly good until I cancelled my subscription due to lack of players, (thanx to hackers destroying the game). now they cut my service early and fail to answer any of my contact attempts, including emails.

I am quite stunned with this to say the least.

• Like 1

Yeah

yea my service was all fairly good until I cancelled my subscription due to lack of players, (thanx to hackers destroying the game). now they cut my service early and fail to answer any of my contact attempts, including emails.

I am quite stunned with this to say the least.

This is why I cancelled mine too. Service was terrible and their attitude is a bit on the arrogant side.

It's funny when you search the dayz.st servers on DayZ Commander and it brings up a huge list of mostly empty servers.

Edited by the horror

any chance someone could look into the grey out on dayz commander? looks like its an issue with a lot more dayz .st servers now. I have also emailed but the first response was "nothing was changed". Only thing i see is there is no server min. could that be the problem??

I play on that 6FD server, however last week I couldn't log into it. I have a Mountain Dew on there. For gods sake man fix it.

If i pay for a server for one month... and decide to break up the the server for some months... and after some months i decide to pay for a server again, all the loot i had on my first server is it there when i join again?

Edited by zBuzTeRz

If i pay for a server for one month... and decide to break up the the server for some months... and after some months i decide to pay for a server again, all the loot i had on my first server is it there when i join again?

You are joking aren't you ? very hard to tell if you're being serious.

i would take a stab at .... No

You can't seriously expect Dayz.st to store all your files and settings for months just incase you come back, do you have any idea how much space would be required to store all the data from past customers.

DayZ.ST

They offer a pretty damn awesome service if you ask my opinion. Bought a server, DB error, fixed in a day. A lot of people complain about their support but I got an email every 15 hours after I emailed them. There is nothing wrong with their support. You all also have to understand that they all have personal lives and can not be support techs every minute. I can understand after 2 days it can be a little excessive but if you are patient and wait, they may just credit you for the time they haven't responded for.

Thanks DayZ.ST, for the wonderful service you have brought to me and the players on my server.

• Like 1

^

LOL. 1 post bandit.

You forgot to include the disclaimer saying how you absolutely, definitely do not work for DAYZ.ST and have no affiliation with them at all... :/

Edited by the horror
  • Like 3

NEED HELP ASAP MY SERVER IS NOT WORKING AS YOU PROMISED PLEASE HELP IT IS SAYING MY SERVER IS SOMEONE ELSES SERVER I PAID $30 TO GET KICKED IN THE TEETH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol dont be a smart ass i spent money on something that wot work as promised

So yeah, decided to cancel my subscription.

I've tried my best to put up with the shoddy support and horrific lag.

After several months of running a very popular server I'm giving up. Well done .st, you've ruined a perfectly good community on my server through your below par service you've been supplying lately. Atleast I've had the joys of making some new friends through it.

This has been an educational experience, in future I'm going to listen to what other people say about a provider first.

• Like 1

I play on that 6FD server, however last week I couldn't log into it. I have a Mountain Dew on there. For gods sake man fix it.

FYI this issue had nothing to do with dayz.st was my own ignorance. dayz commander will grey out your server if the name is too long.

For all the people complaining about them I just have to say they are the best i have used. I've tried 3 other companies and have the best results with them. Like everyone else the lag issue can only be solved by buying your own dedicated box..

I have to pay today but i got no money before the 15th what to do i do not want to close my server. Could you please wait to get the payment before the 15th?

My name on dayz.st is "Simonbif1"

Edited by Nhz

Well Dayz.st use to have great customer support and a great service but ever since we where forced to switch to LAX11 server i have had nothing but problems with lag and server just going down for hours on end for no reason

im moving on to another host

I don't know how this happened, but a player named "Keaton" was able to insert vehicles and other items through the DB instance deployable table.

Banned and cleaned the DB out.

I thought the security holes were addressed?

I've just couldn't resist to stop by and say "wow"...

All Amsterdam servers are now on a new local database. London to follow shortly.

After almost 5 months...

And after running our server on a real dedicated machine, I actually feel sorry for all the people still struggling with .ST.

Anyone else having issues with players missing backpacks or other items after a restart?

Hello there!

My name is Blaine P. and I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself to the forums and explain my role at DayZ.ST

I am from the U.S. (Florida to be a bit more specific), I am 25 years old, and I have been working with/for Ersan for about a year now. My role has changed several times but over the past few weeks I've been put in charge of handling DayZ development, updates, and new features. I'm sure most of our customers have noticed the database movement, the short term pains we had with that, and the overall better database performance. That was me trying to do my best to make things better. I also finally caught us up on Namalsk.

Now, for why I'm posting this here. Ersan has been out of town the last couple weeks on personal matters and has left me in charge of not only keeping things running, but also keeping us relevant to the DayZ community and our customers. That's where I need your help. I've heard quite a few complaints lately and I'd like to take a moment to attempt to address those complaints.

1. Support is lacking or delayed.

Answer: I admit we've been having some trouble keeping up with the Inbox lately. Along with Ersan being out for the last couple weeks, we've also had 2 of our support helpers (paid individuals) unable to commit very much time to support due to their own real life situations. While we understand this is not the customers responsibility to care about, or to know; I want to make sure that you guys understand that we are doing our best and for the most part we've caught up a significant amount thanks to Phil, Allen, and Anthony. To further assist in this effort I'm going to post my Skype, Google Talk, and AIM information below. While I may not be available at all times, or may not always be able to help you immediately, you can at least direct my attention to your issue and I will do my best to help you.

tl;dr People are out of town for personal reasons, but we've been catching up and I'm giving you my personal contact info below to assist in this effort.

2. Why don't you support "insert map here" map?

Answer: Previously we'd used DayZCommander as a guideline to the maps we would support and the release schedule we would support them on. Usually this meant within 1-3 days of the map or mod appearing on DayZCommander, we would do our best to support it. Unfortunately this has become nearly impossible. With the fall of Bliss and the fracturing of the server community it's become difficult to maintain the several different build systems and specific requirements of the various mods and maps. Add to this the non-uniform nature of the mods, and the requirement to simultaneously deploy support for a mod/map to over 200 servers and you can quickly see how difficult this has become. Some of the new mods supported by DayZCommander also lack publicly available server files, leaving us unable to support that map in any case. What I would like to do is find a way to gauge community interest in a map and based on that information determine which maps we will focus on adding support for.

In support of the previous statement I'll be working on updating DayZ 2017, Oring, and adding support for DayZ Epoch today. While I cannot offer a definitive ETA (with DayZ Epoch requiring several backend changes to support), I will be focusing the next few days on this being the next major update to our services. I'm basing this on the number of requests I've had to update 2017 and to support Epoch. Having taken a look at Epoch it does seem quite interesting and it's support for multiple maps adds even more to my excitement to try and get it operational on our services.

If you have any thoughts on how we should be deciding on which maps/mods to support, or which metrics we should be looking at to make these determinations please contact me using one of the methods listed at the bottom of this post.

tl;dr More maps and more splitting of the server community has made adding maps difficult, we want to know what the majority wants so we can do our best to support it :)

3. Laggggggggg

Answer: This is a two sided problem, one side of which I'm happy to have recently addressed with the database upgrades. More specifically I've setup a database in the EU (based out of Amsterdam) on a 10gbit link with a 200GB SSD that is dedicated to operating the databases for our EU customers and provide them and their servers with much faster access. During the upgrade some of our EU customers might have notices slow response times on their maps and/or loadout tools. This has been corrected and the site, primary database, and tools now also run directly from that EU database server as well. This should introduce a noticeable increase in speed and responsiveness from the database. The only remaining issue that I'm aware of is the amount of time it takes to restore a database backup from the control panel. This issue only affects EU customers and there is a solution for this in development (it's related to backups being stored in the US and needing to be relocated to the EU).

The second side of this issue is difficult to assess. In most cases the data and metrics we collect indicate no reason for lag with CPU cores rarely or never exceeding 80-90%, memory usage always below 50% of server max, and the network connections (1gbit) barely exceeding 20Mbps at any given point. Unfortunately this is one of the most difficult things about the ArmA2 server, is that it's difficult to diagnose issues. One repeated problem I've seen in a number of clients servers that leads to lag is excessive BattlEye logging. With I've seem some clients who will amass a 500-600 MB log file in an 8 hour period of their server running, usually this is due to BattleEye filters being triggered by a script and/or addition to their PBO and sometime by new behaviors in a map/mod in recently updated maps.

If you have any input related to lag on our services and some way we might assist you in solving those issues, please contact me at one of the methods listed near the bottom of this post.

P.S. PHPMyAdmin is still running on the US server even when connecting to the EU database, I'll be fixing it shortly so EU customers get re-directed to PHPMyAdmin running on the EU server.

tl;dr We have improved database performance by nearly 400%, with new database servers and by splitting database load between locations.

4. Hackers!

Answer: To say I empathize with you is to say too little. About 1/4 of the emails we receive (25-50 out of 200-250 emails a day) are related to hackers compromising customer servers in one way or another. The ArmA2 engine was designed to be a very trusting engine, it trust a large portion of what the client tells it. This makes hacking and cheating in the game very easy, and as you've all seen, BattlEye cannot do very much about it. The biggest problem we had previous to the database upgrade was with hackers being able to get the database details from within the game and login to customer databases remotely. While we've locked down that problem with all new customers, Amsterdam customers, and London customers, there are still quite a few legacy US customers that his may be affecting. There will be a script run very shortly after this post which will lock down all remaining affected accounts.

Another issue is that there is a script going around that uses remote exec vulnerabilities of the ArmA2 server to retrieve and read the customer's server configuration, thereby providing the nefarious individuals with the rCon password of the server. While I have no way of preventing the remote exec issues, I can make it difficult if not impossible for them to read the server configuration. I will be implementing this fix along with the map updates mentioned above. So when you see that update roll out, know that the fix will be included.

P.S. Please understand that when hackers gain access to, or are able to modify your game server database it does not mean that they've gained access to our customer database.

To this date, only one known incident of a breach of our customer database has occurred in November, 2012 and we have since taken several precautions to prevent that from happening again. Also, we do not store any customer information on our servers and control panel passwords are hashed and salted.

tl;dr Hackers are a pain, but we're trying to make it more difficult for them to mess with your server.

5. My contact information.

Answer: Please understand that by providing this contact information I am not providing you with an avenue of guaranteed support and/or answers, but with a way to contact me directly and an offer to help where I can. The information below is the same information I use for personal matters and family, so please mention that whatever you are contacting me about is related to DayZ.ST. THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR EMAILING admin@dayz.st !!!! If you have an issue, attempt to contact me, and are unable to reach me and receive a response then you should still email admin@dayz.st !! If I didn't answer you, don't assume I'll get your message later, please correspond with admin@dayz.st .

Now that we have that out of the way, my contact information is as follows.

Google Talk: blaine.palmer@gmail.com (Please use for GTalk only, I don't check my personal email often at all)

AIM: PhatalEffect

In conclusion, thank you for reading this wall of text and thank you for being a customer of ours in the past, present, or future.

Please let us know how we can continue to serve and stay relevant in the community.

overall tl;dr Trying to stay relevant, improving support, improving map/mod support, less lag plz, hackers make me sad, gimme a ring :)

Verification: http://www.dayz.st/verification

Edited by Blaine P
  • Like 3

Hello there!

My name is Blaine P. and I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself to the forums and explain my role at DayZ.ST

Good on DayZ.St. I have always been happy with the service you guys provide. I would suggest maybe locking down the Dayz.St wiki a bit it feels like I'm going in every week and turning it back into a helping tool, not some spam. At anyrate happy to see you active in the community, I'm normlay over on the opendayz.net site.

Edited by The Fuzz

Good on DayZ.St. I have always been happy with the service you guys provide. I would suggest maybe locking down the Dayz.St wiki a bit it feels like I'm going in every week and turning it back into a helping tool, not some spam. At anyrate happy to see you active in the community, I'm normlay over on the opendayz.net site.

Phil and Allen mentioned this to me as well. Originally the wiki was put together by members of the community that we provided sponsored space for. While this worked well for a while, it's obvious we're going to have to setup an official wiki and transfer the relevant and useful information to that. I'll probably setup MediaWiki since it's the most popular.

I'm going to look into setting it up so the customer's control panel username and password will allow them to login to the wiki to make changes.

EDIT: Based on http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/AuthPlugin it looks like I should be able to accomplish this fairly easily.

Edited by Blaine P