ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

First-Off... These servers are great! I rented mine a few days ago and so far everything is good!

Some Questions:

#1. When you just ADD a vehicle (not a spawn) is there anyway to repair/refuel ALL of the added vehicles at once or do you need to go one-by-one?

#2. My database is over 600 vehicles now, even though 600 do not exist on the map. Is this because I hit the "Spawn" button in the control panel?

#3. When will we have the ability to add buildings/items through the map interface? That will kick ass!

Some Feature Requests:

#1. The ability to KILL/RESET a player in specific circumstances ( i had a guy last night crash a plane waaaaay outside the map and he swam for over an hour before he died). He asked Admin to "Kill" him so he could come back, but I couldn't figure out how.

#2. The ability to control a vehicle inventory loadout when you create the vehicle (not through database).

#3. The ability to add buildings/structures/items into the map (I know it's coming - just really want it!)

#4. The ability to drag and drop vehicles to different locations on the server side map (not sure if it's even possible????) Right now a vehicle must be deleted and recreated to change location.

I know there is more but I can't think of any at the moment...

For $30.00 a month it's a pretty good deal guys. I'm quite happy with the setup, for a guy that doesn't do a lot of coding etc... It's an easy interface to learn and use and support has been fast and helpful.

i have never tried adding them as ramdomized spawn points hmmm i wonder if that will work i have some people that i can ask ill get back to you on that one

but you can still add them and chage there location and inventory manually

I had a quick experiment before I went out, I had them spawning but with no gear even though I'd editted the inventory for the box before spawning it in the vehicle table. However I was being lazy and I used the tool to spawn the box in after I created the spawn point, I think it could still work if I let the game spawn them will test further later....

It'll be one loadout per crate class though I'll look for the class list later and see how many different loads we can have. My friend made the point earlier that the crates will need to be manually deleted once their inventory's are cleared. Only a quick one liner in php to do that though.

#3. The ability to add buildings/structures/items into the map (I know it's coming - just really want it!)

http://tunngle.net/c...-173-bliss-027/

I recommend you check this out for placing your buildings you can do a much nicer job in the 3d editor, I can run the script to add them for you if you don't have anywhere to put it and arent worried about sharing your db login.

Day.St guys might even be a good idea for you guys to integrate this script into the control panel?

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 1

Like seaweed said.. i've addded many buildings (a whole airport with structures actually) to my server, you can't do this with a web editor, it's alot better to use arma2 editor and then import the map into the DB. I've initially wrote my own PHP code, then i've mixed it with the one you find on tunngle.

What i do is: i edit the structures on the map (offline), save the mission, then i run my own php script to connect with dayz.st database (it does the conversion and importing), i've also added a custom database field to name the structure, so when i want to update only that specific mission, it automagically deletes the old one from the database. Works like a charme. :)

Thanks for the help guys but those methods are a little over my point-and-click head lol.... Ersans feature on the map of dynamically inserting vehicles/spawns is the cat's ass... If we could do that with buildings etc.. it wouid be awesome. Sandbag structures etc...

I figured out how to add vehicle inventory to a spawned vehicle but damn, that even took me several hours lol...

Thanks for the help guys but those methods are a little over my point-and-click head lol.... Ersans feature on the map of dynamically inserting vehicles/spawns is the cat's ass... If we could do that with buildings etc.. it wouid be awesome. Sandbag structures etc...

I figured out how to add vehicle inventory to a spawned vehicle but damn, that even took me several hours lol...

It's not that hard to do it in the 3d editor dude and when you place them in 2d you can't get the positions very accurate, all you need to do is follow the instructions to add some extra buildings to the editor, then you just load ARMA 2 with the extra buildings mods linked on tunngle and place your buildings. Save the mission then import it with the website linked.

The results will be a lot better when you can do it in 3d trust me and its really fast when you get the editor in ARMA figured out. Send me a pm if you do want to try and have problems.

First-Off... These servers are great! I rented mine a few days ago and so far everything is good!

#1. The ability to KILL/RESET a player in specific circumstances ( i had a guy last night crash a plane waaaaay outside the map and he swam for over an hour before he died). He asked Admin to "Kill" him so he could come back, but I couldn't figure out how.

You can easily do this by going into there survivor table and deleteing all that is under there location. make sure there logged out and when they come back in they will spawn back in a normal spawn lcation with there gear

or you can simply delete his whole survivor table.

Edited by AnThraXau
  • Like 1

Okay we finally determined the problem with the players getting joined to the wrong server issue.

The problem is that ArmA2 for some reason will attempt to connect to the port you specify plus 12 ports ad infinitum (or 15 times, from our test), so if your port is running on 2600 (right now we put 18 ports between servers) and you try to connect it will either connect to port 2600, 2612, 2624, 2636, etc. (or on our servers 2612, 2636, 2672, 2708, 2744, etc. because those are all multiples of 18 AND 12 from the base port). God knows why the ArmA dev's did this - it doesn't function like any other game I've ever worked with or played before, I think before it would just try to connect to the first port but the recent patches they implemented a system that will connect to the 'best' available server out of the list instead.

We're working on an algorithm for making sure there are no port multiple conflicts and I'll post here and on twitter when we have it finished. As of right now switching ports will NOT fix the problem (switching to 18 ports from 10 actually made the problem much worse). The fix WILL involve changing ports when we have it implemented.

EDIT: We have determined that spacing servers by 17 ports should have no collision problems and we have also changed the base port to 3000 to avoid any conflicts.

To change your server's port switch to a different datacenter location and back again, this WILL change your port and MAY change your ip - please keep in mind that anyone who has your server saved as a favorite will not be able to connect until they update the listing.

Edited by ersan191

Hello Ersan.

Are there any plans to support the Taviana map on your server?

Our server has reset randomly the past two nights for no apparent reason, last night when we had 50 people on and just now when we had about 35, any idea what's going on?

i have never tried adding them as ramdomized spawn points hmmm i wonder if that will work i have some people that i can ask ill get back to you on that one

but you can still add them and chage there location and inventory manually

It works dude! You just need to make sure you have the entry in your vehicle table with a loadout defined for that crate class before you place the spawn points using the dayz.st tool. Not sure if it'll spawn the items if you spawn it automatically in the tool but they definitely do if you let the game randomly spawn them.

I'm going to set up a bunch of different crate classes with different loadouts for each. Then you just need to make spawn points for each crate class and tweak its probability of spawning in the db. I will also come up with some SQL code to hopefully automate the removal of empty/old crates ready to be replaced with fresh ones.

I'll probably make a thread if I get everything working in a nice noob friendly way.

ersan191

I have a question, now I have random spawns for my weapon crates containing gear would it be possible for you to run a timed SQL query on my database for me. I'll let you know the query it won't be anything intensive, I just want to delete the crate vehicles every couple of days so new ones with more loot can spawn, preferably before your vehicle spawn script does it's thing.

To my knowledge there's not a way of doing this in phpmyadmin unless you think there is? I know I can do it myself daily but I like to automate things if I can :)

ersan191

I have a question, now I have random spawns for my weapon crates containing gear would it be possible for you to run a timed SQL query on my database for me. I'll let you know the query it won't be anything intensive, I just want to delete the crate vehicles every couple of days so new ones with more loot can spawn, preferably before your vehicle spawn script does it's thing.

To my knowledge there's not a way of doing this in phpmyadmin unless you think there is? I know I can do it myself daily but I like to automate things if I can :)

That's really good if you managed to get this working, would love to be able to do something like that myself.

I was just going to add them every couple of days to different locations, but your way actually sounds really good.

ersan191

Yeah, I suppose we can do that - send us an e-mail with the details @ admin@dayz.st

Yeah, I suppose we can do that - send us an e-mail with the details @ admin@dayz.st

Awesome thanks man, I've got a lot of testing to do first but I will drop you guys an email when I get it all ready to go.

Another question I noticed that if I use place vehicle to place a vehicle it also creates a spawn point for that vehicle. If I then remove the spawn point the vehicle itself is removed too. Is it not possible to place vehicles without creating spawns?

You can easily do this by going into there survivor table and deleteing all that is under there location. make sure there logged out and when they come back in they will spawn back in a normal spawn lcation with there gear

or you can simply delete his whole survivor table.

That works good enough but if someone is out in the debug area(ocean included) if they player relogs they get moved to the coast as well in my experience.

ersan191

I have a (very cheap) virtual server somewhere.. where i run all the maintenance stuff, connecting to the DB remotely. It's very useful to do offline backups, run scripts to caught the cheaters, and any nice tool you come up to your mind (in example i run my own PHP building importer and such).

You may look into this too.. since you don't need a powerful server, but only a virtual one, and they are very very cheap.

• Like 1

I have a (very cheap) virtual server somewhere.. where i run all the maintenance stuff, connecting to the DB remotely. It's very useful to do offline backups, run scripts to caught the cheaters, and any nice tool you come up to your mind (in example i run my own PHP building importer and such).

You may look into this too.. since you don't need a powerful server, but only a virtual one, and they are very very cheap.

Thanks for making me realise I was being a dumb too stoned lol, I'll just set up a cron task on my machine I run linux when I'm not gaming. I'll also have to look into local backups. I'm already using the building importer on my linux box too I plan to modify it for the custom weapon crates.

ersan191

why not just use navicat and setup a stored proc to run this?

why not just use navicat and setup a stored proc to run this?

It's fine I'll just run it from a scheduled task and a php script that way I can log output locally too and monitor what was deleted I was being dumb earlier :-)

If anyone else wants to experiment you literally just need to place some of the weapons crates into the vehicles table with an inventory of your choice. Then use the dayz.st tool to place custom spawn points for the crate class names you have picked. I recommend looking at the min and max spawn amounts when adding them to vehicles. I'm Hoping to use RAND () for inventorys but I've yet to test.

Only real problem I've had is accuracy of placement in the map tool that's why I'm going to modify the tool which uses the 3d editor to create my weapon crate spawns.

Edited by seaweed

Yes ;-)
Thank you, I look forward to. :) Edited by tri3