ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Hey People, I understand its still rather early in the States but i have a issue with my server, anyone think they can help.

I am getting stuck at 'waiting for host' - anyone who connects gets this issue

Thanks Again

Hey People, I understand its still rather early in the States but i have a issue with my server, anyone think they can help.

Thanks Again

Yep now one of our Dallas nodes (75.126.39.68) is getting DDoS'ed, fun times. We'll hopefully have it firewalled and routed properly again soon. I have an idea on how to fight these DDoS attacks in the future as well.

Edited by ersan191

Is anyone having problems with the Control Panel, mine keeps taking ages to connect and the server status is blanked out and can't click anything.

It is running incredibly slow.

Is anyone having problems with the Control Panel, mine keeps taking ages to connect and the server status is blanked out and can't click anything.

It is running incredibly slow.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Hey man, I dropped you a email about issues i said above ^ i am still suck with getting connected to my server/anyone is stuck.

Cheers

Thanks Again

I am having the Same issue with my server Namalsk Bunch o Nabs server (UK) is just stuck at connecting to host and nobody can connect.

Pay no attention to my sig that is another server i run

Edited by Spudster

I am having the Same issue with my server Namalsk Bunch o Nabs server (UK) is just stuck at connecting to host and nobody can connect.

Pay no attention to my sig that is another server i run

Glad its not me thats going crazy haha Thanks mate, I shall wait to find out from the guys over at Dayz.st whats happening?

The port # in my control panel is not matching the port number in DayZ Commander.

And the scrolling server name in the control panel, is not my server.

Edited by Erad

The port # in my control panel is not matching the port number in DayZ Commander.

And the scrolling server name in the control panel, is not my server.

Same.

The control panel is completely broken for me, takes about 5 mins to log in server status is unknown, can't do anything with it.

Been like it now for 8 hours.

Is there another way to connect to the server and start it and shut it down?

People are having issues which I need to fix and can't do it.

If your server was in Salt Lake City or London the control panel issue should be resolved now - if it is in Dallas at 75.126.39.68 then that node is down due to DDoS attack and we have asked to add DDoS protection but the datacenter has not done it yet.

Also disabling live map feature until Sunday because of the high server load it causes - this move should keep up performance so the game is playable until Sunday when I have time to do the database move.

If your server was in Salt Lake City or London the control panel issue should be resolved now - if it is in Dallas at 75.126.39.68 then that node is down due to DDoS attack and we have asked to add DDoS protection but the datacenter has not done it yet.

Also disabling live map feature until Sunday because of the high server load it causes - this move should keep up performance so the game is playable until Sunday when I have time to do the database move.

Any idea when the other locations will be fixed?

OK wondered why the live map had also gone down, shame you had to do that.

Also my server is in WDC, but I have been hitting refresh about 10 times and it eventually came on.

Edited by Bernardo

Cannot download logs... they are just 0 kb...

In 10 minutes the server restarts and they are gone...

Edit

Problem seems to be the file size: RPT file is full of errors like:

0:49:59 Error in expression <((count needUpdate_objects) > 0 && (time - _last>
0:49:59 Error position: <needUpdate_objects) > 0 && (time - _last>
0:49:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: needupdate_objects

Edited by Fatty_InFOCS

Well this really sucks, switched my DC server to Dallas, Dallas servers went down. Picked up a Utah server, 250 ping. Cant switch back to Washington because now their all sold out. Nice!

Well this really sucks, switched my DC server to Dallas, Dallas servers went down. Picked up a Utah server, 250 ping. Cant switch back to Washington because now their all sold out. Nice!

Dallas should be fine now.

Cannot download logs... they are just 0 kb...

In 10 minutes the server restarts and they are gone...

Edit

Problem seems to be the file size: RPT file is full of errors like:

0:49:59 Error in expression <((count needUpdate_objects) > 0 && (time - _last>
0:49:59 Error position: <needUpdate_objects) > 0 && (time - _last>
0:49:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: needupdate_objects

Yes with the Gotcha logging the log files are massive now (sometimes more than 100MB before a server restart) - I'm going to work on setting up FTP access after Sunday to make the logs available for download through that which should be more reliable than the way we do it now.

Have you added support for BEC and Anti Hax yet?

No, sorry.

Rocket said today that DayZ Standalone WILL allow private server hosting, so I've kinda got a second wind trying to get everything super stable and ready for the standalone when it's released.

Also: New Dallas server online, there should be plenty of availability in Dallas.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

Dallas should be fine now.

Yes with the Gotcha logging the log files are massive now (sometimes more than 100MB before a server restart) - I'm going to work on setting up FTP access after Sunday to make the logs available for download through that which should be more reliable than the way we do it now.

No, sorry.

CAN'T WAIT FOR FTP Access

So I just went to change my map on the server and it gave me a message that my server IP, Port, or both could change. Has anybody tested this out? I would hate to change the map and have everybody that enjoys playing on our server be unable to find it.

Before the last update I managed to download the logs several times and I've never seen those errors. I think the problem is not (only) Gotcha, but the rpt file filled by some kind of errors.

So I just went to change my map on the server and it gave me a message that my server IP, Port, or both could change. Has anybody tested this out? I would hate to change the map and have everybody that enjoys playing on our server be unable to find it.

Yeah, it will most likely change... I just cannot understand why on earth they have implemented this kind of stuff...

Does anyone know how to stop yourself getting kicked when using RMOD vehicle weapons, keep getting kicked with Restriction #38.

Or is there a way I can stop Battleeye kicking people for certain restrictions?

I'm considering of getting rid of Gotcha, at the moment it does almost nothing, it really only detects ppl with "hacked" weapons, and with a huge delay (minutes), making it impossible to determine if they really spawned em, or if they just found a hacked box around... anyway it's something that i regularry do on my server, also most cheaters (assuming they have 1/10 of their brain working) doesn't even uses hacked weapons. Plus this gotcha is literally FLOODING my rcon, making it impossible to follow the user chat (and to communicate with em), forcing me to launch the game only to respond to a question.

In other words Goctha is useful only to scare unaware cheaters, and it gives the false sensation to the lazy admin of fighting those script kids, while in reality it's doing nothing that an active admin can't do himself 100 times better.

So here's the question: can we add an option to enable/disable this gotcha thing please? So when you want to have it you can just enable it?

Thank you.