ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Okay we fixed the problems with the update and every server should be online now.

I think one or two Namalsk servers are not starting properly - if you are one of these two we recommend disabling Kill Messages and trying to start the server again. There may also be problems with custom buildings on Namalsk.

We also have not tested rMod with 1.7.4.4 - working on that now.

EDIT: rMod seems to work fine with 1.7.4.4

We are terribly terribly sorry for the botched update and ~6 hours of downtime - I personally tested the update on my home server before installing it on all the servers and it worked fine, but that was because I do not have any official InstanceID's here, once support for official servers was added it would break the private servers. I will do more thorough testing with official servers in the future.

Technical mumbo jumbo:

The problem was that the official hive has a new Database.dll which was suddenly incompatible with the private hive (when somebody joined the server would just crash with a backtrace to the memory allocator, which was incredibly unhelpful, every update before this one the Database.dll worked on any server). Our server hosting is unique in that we use one ArmA2/DayZ install for all of the servers on the machine, many places who use TCAdmin will have 20 different ArmA2 installs for each server. We had to come up with a creative way to load the proper Database.dll depending on which type of server it was (official or private) before we could successfully start the servers again.

Thanks for all the hard work!

My server works very fine. thx Ersan :)

You have my :beans: :beans: amigo. Fixing the problem and effectively communicating with your customers in a timely manner. Exactly why I switched to you.

Also I'm on a 49-player server right now and it's running great, login was fast too!

Found a possible fix for the script restriction kicks, will test & apply it in about an hour if it works - right now I need to eat.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 2

Petunia is all well and working - Ersan - thanks for all your hard work, and congrats on getting it sorted :)

You have my beans!

Also I'm on a 49-player server right now and it's running great, login was fast too!

Found a possible fix for the script restriction kicks, will test & apply it in about an hour if it works - right now I need to eat.

Hi Ersan,

Quick question... In the database I see something that's a bit new to me?

v_deployable

v_player

v_vehicle

Any ideas on what these are for? - I am wondering how it effects changing stuff on the server etc :)

Edited by Petunia-Server

Just to confirm, all three vehicle types do work, have them on my server, I also temporarily fixed the script restriction problem on my server by giving everyone survivor models and putting their humanity to default.

Everything is working great! Thanks for the hard work and letting us know what went on.

Cheers

Hi Ersan,

Quick question... In the database I see something that's a bit new to me?

v_deployable

v_player

v_vehicle

Any ideas on what these are for? - I am wondering how it effects changing stuff on the server etc :)

These are just views that they added so you can see the vehicle classes and id's side by side in the database - they aren't actually used by Bliss as far as I know.

By the way the fix I found for script restriction #45 doesn't seem to work, it just kicks everyone - still investigating.

EDIT: Okay Script Restriction #45 kick should be fixed, you need to restart your server to apply it (or wait for it to auto restart at the normal time). Haven't been able to test it so if somebody could confirm that would be great.

Also added the 3 new aircraft classes to the map tool:

p5WDH.png

The AN2_DZ is a Biplane but it is temporarily listed as a helicopter until we get an airplane image.

Here is what they look like:

sKu9S.jpg

(from left) AN2_DZ, AH6X_DZ, Mi17_DZ

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 2

These are just views that they added so you can see the vehicle classes and id's side by side in the database - they aren't actually used by Bliss as far as I know.

By the way the fix I found for script restriction #45 doesn't seem to work, it just kicks everyone - still investigating.

EDIT: Okay Script Restriction #45 kick should be fixed, you need to restart your server to apply it (or wait for it to auto restart at the normal time). Haven't been able to test it so if somebody could confirm that would be great.

p5WDH.png

The AN2_DZ is a Biplane but it is temporarily listed as a helicopter until we get an airplane image.

sKu9S.jpg

You're da best Ersan.

p5WDH.png

sKu9S.jpg

It works :D

Quick question about the Map. I can see everything on the map, but cannot get it to refresh until the server restarts. The only way I can get it to refresh while the server is running is to manually clear the cache every time in order to update it. Do I have something set incorrectly in IE9?

BTW, I crashed the plane. Had the flaps down, but think I stalled it by not having enough airspeed, haha.

Disappointed in the AH6 though, thought it would be much faster.

Edited by R.J.

Still having "script z\addons

\dayz_code\compile\set_obj_dmg.sqf

not found" error. I've disabled kill messages, only always daylight is on. Can you check the issue please?

This, on my full server the loading and login was never that fast if not the first 10 seconds after a restart... while now it's hours running!

This change with your DB hardware upgrade will REALLY change the game for the better... can't wait for the migration later today.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Still having "script z\addons

\dayz_code\compile\set_obj_dmg.sqf

not found" error. I've disabled kill messages, only always daylight is on. Can you check the issue please?

This is because Namalsk isn't totally compatible with DayZ 1.7.4.4 yet - if you click "Continue" it will still work. This message will likely go away when a new version of Namalsk is released.

Quick question about the Map. I can see everything on the map, but cannot get it to refresh until the server restarts. The only way I can get it to refresh while the server is running is to manually clear the cache every time in order to update it. Do I have something set incorrectly in IE9?

BTW, I crashed the plane. Had the flaps down, but think I stalled it by not having enough airspeed, haha.

Disappointed in the AH6 though, thought it would be much faster.

We didn't really do much testing with IE9, I'll take a look later. We test everything with Chrome first and the other two we just test basic stuff like does it work on the first try.

Edited by ersan191

Nice add with the vehicle list. :thumbsup:

I hope it is only coincidence that it happened minutes after I banned some kid for spawning in vehicles, weapons, and teleporting. If it's the migration, WOOT!

Cross map gear?

I was thinking that many dayz players loves to play on multiple maps, but the main problem is that they need a new character on each server, so what about offering them a way to maintain their gear (when the weapons and skins are the default ones) from a map to another?

I may (in example) decide to run Namalsk from monday to friday and Lingor the weekend, and my userbase doesn't have to care about having a fresh character each time (something that i can do already, but limited, with backups), but with this system they can also maintain the same gear they collected the previous days on other maps!

The logic of the script is pretty "simple": only the gear column is merged into the new DB, with a sanitizing script (ie: you cannot carry a er7 if not on namalsk). If the user have already played on the new map the inworld coords will remains, otherwise he will spawn in a random location (the first time).

Now the only issue im trying to solve is about the unique player identifier, because you need to know if a character has already an account on the other map or not, the nickname isn't enough (it can be changed), and bliss generates a different uid for each world_id you play on (so it's not unique), ideally the GUID should be used.. but i dunno if there's any plan to save it into the DB.

Any ideas? Would dayz.st interested into this as a new "feature" to offer to their customers? If could be great to who run multiple servers as well: you can maintain your users on your "network" coz they doesn't have to collect a new gear anytime they spawn.

(ah.. and yes.. when you die, you eventually die on all maps.. eheh)

Cross map gear?

I was thinking that many dayz players loves to play on multiple maps, but the main problem is that they need a new character on each server, so what about offering them a way to maintain their gear (when the weapons and skins are the default ones) from a map to another?

I may (in example) decide to run Namalsk from monday to friday and Lingor the weekend, and my userbase doesn't have to care about having a fresh character each time (something that i can do already, but limited, with backups), but with this system they can also maintain the same gear they collected the previous days on other maps!

The logic of the script is pretty "simple": only the gear column is merged into the new DB, with a sanitizing script (ie: you cannot carry a er7 if not on namalsk). If the user have already played on the new map the inworld coords will remains, otherwise he will spawn in a random location (the first time).

Now the only issue im trying to solve is about the unique player identifier, because you need to know if a character has already an account on the other map or not, the nickname isn't enough (it can be changed), and bliss generates a different uid for each world_id you play on (so it's not unique), ideally the GUID should be used.. but i dunno if there's any plan to save it into the DB.

Any ideas? Would dayz.st interested into this as a new "feature" to offer to their customers? If could be great to who run multiple servers as well: you can maintain your users on your "network" coz they doesn't have to collect a new gear anytime they spawn.

(ah.. and yes.. when you die, you eventually die on all maps.. eheh)

This would take all of 5 to 10 minutes to easily do yourself.

The work would be manual but very easy to to do.

Our server just went down. I cannot start it via the command console, anything going on?

Same with mine, anyone know whats going on?

Ya my server has been down all morning too. WAKE UP Ersan, you're not allowed to sleep... :)

Starting to get a tad worried. I know it's a holiday; and I wish everyone the best, but our server has been down for ~10 hours now.