ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Any chance of us getting the buildings or deployables back? They aren't in my database... that was a lot of work and adding buildings.

Edited by Traeyu

I'm wasting my own space to save those backups and you decide to delete my database after i've restored it, with a version coming from this noon and without vehicles? I apprecciate your effort to "fix" the servers, but my server were already fixed, i would be advised before any DB reverting coz i've the users blaming at me constantly. Thank you.

Edited by WalkerDown

A log is called "log" because it saves some information on a file locally, to being download and parsed after, when it's convenient to do so. You're suggesting me instead to have a PC at my home, turned on h24, connected via rcon, to do locally something that i'm already paying for? Doesn't look efficient or reliable at all to me.

Are you an idiot or just ignorant? Gotcha parses the logs whilst you have it logged in. All the logs can be in turn saved locally. Says a lot coming from the person complains about private hives "Cheating tools" yet buys a server from the provider with one of the most advanced server maps available.

As you can see every single log can be saved locally

And for your information a "Log" is to compile,record or amass a specific set of data/events, where this information is 'stored to' has no relevance to definition

3132ag8.png

Edited by Audio Rejectz

Are you an idiot or just ignorant? Gotcha parses the logs whilst you have it logged in. All the logs can be in turn saved locally. Says a lot coming from the person complains about private hives "Cheating tools" yet buys a server from the provider with one of the most advanced server maps available.

And for your information a "Log" is to compile,record or amass a specific set of data/events, where this information is 'stored to' has no relevance to definaition

What he is saying is he is too lazy to let a program run on his PC all the time. These guys are putting out features constantly, fixing problems fast, and also getting back to peoples questions and emails on top of that. I think you can keep your PC on if you want logs until they have time to implement what you are wanting. There are more important things right now to deal with than if people are too lazy to run a program themselves.

• Like 1

Okay here's the status:

- All servers should be restored now to the best of our ability.

- We have patched the security holes that allowed the hacker(s) to gain access.

- We did not have backups of the building and instance_building tables, they are very recent additions and were not added to the backups. They are going to be added to the backup system from now on.

- The instance_deployable table only restored tents, hedgehogs, sandbags, tank traps, etc. If you had custom objects in your instance_deployable table you will have to re-add the classes to the 'deployable' table (the id's must match up) and contact us via e-mail and we can restore them.

- The Company hive has been reset (vehicles, players, etc), adding vehicle spawns and vehicles to company hive servers is now disabled (they weren't supposed to be enabled in the first place, it was a mistake and resulted in the spawns table being filled with custom spawnpoints when it shouldn't have been)

- The Company hive is now on one database, instead of one for each map like before - this means we can back it up much easier.

We are very very sorry for the downtime and lost custom buildings - if you feel that you've been wronged and want a refund please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail.

Today has been pretty stressful for me, thanks hackers.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 7

What he is saying is he is too lazy to let a program run on his PC all the time. These guys are putting out features constantly, fixing problems fast, and also getting back to peoples questions and emails on top of that. I think you can keep your PC on if you want logs until they have time to implement what you are wanting. There are more important things right now to deal with than if people are too lazy to run a program themselves.

+ Beans for you sir. Sick of people like him, can pick the negatives from almost anything. Totally oblivious to the efforts and work this provider has done. We have new features every week, fast servers, a provider who will actually listen to his customers and provide to there needs and will always try to reply to all questions. Whilst staying one of the cheapest DayZ providers around

@ Ersan

Thanks for sorting it so fast mate, you must be doing something right now if people feel a need to try and put a dint in your service by hacking your servers lol

Edited by Audio Rejectz

Will vehicles and tents on private hives revert to where they were previously using the database backup?

Are you an idiot or just ignorant?

Kid, calm down, do not offend other users, and read the message carefully before replying.

I don't want to have a PC turned on and connected to internet constantly logged into my remote server for parsing purpose... when i can have the logs saved on the remote server, to download em conveniently ONLY when/if i have to examine them.

This is the exact reason of why the logs exists: they are saved locally to be examined LATER, what you're asking is to STREAM the debug output to be examined in real time on your own PC, this is NOT what i want, i want only download the logs, not because i'm lazy but because i may have my PC turned off while the server is on H24. Is it that hard to understand?

A remote server is there to run 24/356 .. if you have to rely on your own PC you gonna have TWO servers always on, it's resource wasting and actually pretty dumb. If you don't understand this.. well.. i have more time for you.

Kid, calm down, do not offend other users, and read the message carefully before replying.

I don't want to have a PC turned on and connected to internet constantly logged into my remote server for parsing purpose... when i can have the logs saved on the remote server, to download em conveniently ONLY when/if i have to examine them.

This is the exact reason of why the logs exists: they are saved locally to be examined LATER, what you're asking is to STREAM the debug output to be examined in real time on your own PC, this is NOT what i want, i want only download the logs, not because i'm lazy but because i may have my PC turned off while the server is on H24. Is it that hard to understand?

A remote server is there to run 24/356 .. if you have to rely on your own PC you gonna have TWO servers always on, it's resource wasting and actually pretty dumb. If you don't understand this.. well.. i have more time for you.

I think we all understand what you are saying and you are making a valid point, but obviously they are busy doing more important things right now, if you don't like this host for providing the cheapest service with the most features and more added weekly, then why don't you go pay for a service that costs $10-20 dollars more for less features, little customer service, and no updates coming out fast. I assume they will add a better backup feature for logs in the future but for now they are doing more important things and adding features people have been waiting a long time for.

Edited by Traeyu

Will vehicles and tents on private hives revert to where they were previously using the database backup?

They should be there already, if they are not please contact admin@dayz.st

I think we all understand what you are saying and you are making a valid point, but obviously they are busy doing more important things right now, if you don't like this host for providing the cheapest service with the most features and more added weekly, then why don't you go pay for a service that costs $10-20 dollars more for less features, little customer service, and no updates coming out fast. I assume they will add a better backup feature for logs in the future but for now they are doing more important things and adding features people have been waiting a long time for.

I'm not sure if you're here to flame.. troll.. or what..

Again: did you actually read my message? I've asked to solve an issue, and if it's only me experiencing that issue, i just wanted to download a log... (a feature that is there already), and you come here proposing to me an anticheat, that is interesting but it does something DIFFERENT of what i've asked.

For the host bit.. i currently have TWO servers, one is here on dayz.st and the other is on Vilayer, and im "working" only on this one because the support is superior. This is not a matter of "money".. some ppl wants a reliable service not just the cheapeast one.

Now please stop with this shit, and let's return in topic:

about the log issue (and related to the rcon chat delay) apparently the guilty (according to ersan) is, guess what, gotcha.. because it "flood" the log with much more informations, so the only solution would be to disable it server side. I'm evaluating this possibility.. what i don't understand is: if you receive these logs with a certain delay (like 2 minutes or more), i guess that the gotcha client running on my PC will have the same delay.. or i wouldn't explain why it works in real time, while rcon have that delay.

Kid? going by your grammar or lack of it ill take that remark with a pinch of salt. Though under normal circumstances i would read posts carefully, i find myself constantly doing the opposite of this with your babbles on this forum. You contribute nothing, constantly moan and to be honest, i just don't like you.

@Trey

I find it funny that he's asking if we understand what a server is, yet he dosnt know the correct definition of a log lol

Anyway, im bored of him now. He can have fun going through them logs lol

Edited by Audio Rejectz

i just don't like you.

If you have to flame, it's better you shut up. I've called you a "kid" because of sentences like the one i've just quoted above.

We're here to talk about technical matters, not for your personal attacks (neither the other users are interested into your opinion about me).

If you have no other tech info about the issue, PLEASE, do not reply. Thank you.

Returning in-topic (someway): a pat to ersan, i know how "frustrating" may be to handle these issues.. my job is similar to this. :)

Edited by WalkerDown

Okay here's the status:

- All servers should be restored now to the best of our ability.

- We have patched the security holes that allowed the hacker(s) to gain access.

- We did not have backups of the building and instance_building tables, they are very recent additions and were not added to the backups. They are going to be added to the backup system from now on.

- The instance_deployable table only restored tents, hedgehogs, sandbags, tank traps, etc. If you had custom objects in your instance_deployable table you will have to re-add the classes to the 'deployable' table (the id's must match up) and contact us via e-mail and we can restore them.

- The Company hive has been reset (vehicles, players, etc), adding vehicle spawns and vehicles to company hive servers is now disabled (they weren't supposed to be enabled in the first place, it was a mistake and resulted in the spawns table being filled with custom spawnpoints when it shouldn't have been)

- The Company hive is now on one database, instead of one for each map like before - this means we can back it up much easier.

We are very very sorry for the downtime and lost custom buildings - if you feel that you've been wronged and want a refund please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail.

Today has been pretty stressful for me, thanks hackers.

I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you! You owned up to a serious problem on your end, informed your customers as fast as you possibly could with actual details of the problem, worked your ass off to fix the problem, and THEN you offered refunds to anyone who was upset by the issues.

You did everything right, and after the constant pain in the ass I have had with that other hosting company, you have no idea how awesome that makes me feel as a customer.

• Like 5

Ok managed to find the "right" backup.... finally. Unfortunately there was 1 hour during i was offline, so those most recent players lost their gear, but at least i didn't lost the progress made by this afternoon (apparently dayz.st recovered a DB coming from 7 hours ago or such).

The script i posted some pages back worked like a charme and the importing via phpmyadmin worked without trouble. Just one thing: don't forget to "drop" the old tables before importing the new DB.

(not related: tomorrow i'll try to move my instance over the UK, i've noticed i've a better ping over there)

I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you! You owned up to a serious problem on your end, informed your customers as fast as you possibly could with actual details of the problem, worked your ass off to fix the problem, and THEN you offered refunds to anyone who was upset by the issues.

You did everything right, and after the constant pain in the ass I have had with that other hosting company, you have no idea how awesome that makes me feel as a customer.

I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with the service and the server so far.

This on so many levels. I am a little annoyed that I lost all my custom buildings and have to redo it but thats not their fault. Whoever the hacker was I hope he gets cancer and dies a painful death for being such an asshole.

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick response and getting the servers back up. Your support is good.

Does anyone know if there a way to change the password when you lock the server? Form Unlock to lock? like if my server has a good number of players then i lock it.is there a way to change that password?

Edited by Drewhite

Switched from NL to UK and things are MUCH better now, the "2500 ping" issue in the arma2 browser has been solved, the connection seems faster, and most important the rcon isn't lagging anymore (need to wait for a full server tho).

I suspect that the NL machines have a top firewall filtering or slowing someway the traffic (UDP) someway, this would explaing the rcon lag and the issue with the ping (probably due to a ICMP filtering).

I'll update you later today when the server will get full.

Following the hacker attack on dayz.st I have had to lock our server and do some maintenance restoring all our custom vehicle spawns and added buildings before I can open it again but hopefully within a day it will be back up and running but with even more customisations including more bases for everyone to take control of.

Thanks to ersan for his continued support and first class service he offers us all, it is unfortunate that these mindless hacker attacks affect our servers but fear not we will be back bigger and better very soon.